Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1206) Neil & Tracy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

PRE

Dr. Kingsley strode through the crowd, his face open to conversation as he moved, his sharp blue eyes taking in the events at hand: the pairings-off, the meetings and arrivals, the little pockets that formed, and the patrols. It appeared that this evening's execution was well attended and most secure, a fact which the unarmed Shadow felt very greatful for.

The increasing number of predators was pressing on his silenced Beast, causing it to twitch and squirm, but one familiar Beast in particular was at least familiar.

Deputy Burns' arrival was expected, and it was always nice to see the capable Gangrel investigator. Circulating through the crowd in his suit and managing to avoid being bowled over by anybody, he made his way over and offered Tracy a polite bow. "Good evening, Deputy Burns," Neil said pleasantly, his tranquil presence lending a calm tone to his voice. "I hope you are well?"
    Tracy's eyes had been wandering around the room, as they noticed the Mekhet heading her way. She offered a slightly awkward curtsy to the Shadow in return of his bow. "And a good evening to you as well, Mr. Kingsley," said the redheaded Deputy with a pleasant smile. "I am quite well this evening. I hope the same can be said about you?" As she said those words, the petite Gangrel began to straighten out her dress, which had wrinkle just a bit due to the curtsy.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil showed no concern for the wrinkles in the dress, although he did think it looked quite nice. "Indeed, I am well, thank you. I have been looking forward to attending Court for some time," he replied politely. "It is nice to have the chance to meet the new faces that have come into town in the last couple of months, and to visit with familiar ones, as well." He smiled to the Deputy with a little nod as he said 'familiar ones', as if referring to her. Recalling the last time he had seen her, he asked, "Did you enjoy the art gallery, Deputy Burns?"

Could it be the quiet Mekhet was coming out his shell just a little bit?

PRE

"That is good to hear!" said the petite Deputy with a sweet smile. "Formal Court does give one a chance to interact with other members of his Grace's Domain, in a safe and pleasant manner." Tracy happened to emphasize the word "safe," possibly a subconscious act due to her own duty as a Deputy of the Domain.

"The gallery? Oh, certainly! It was a pity that I had to leave in a rush though," said the redheaded Gangrel in response to Neil's question. "How about yourself? Was the show to your liking?"

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil looked quite reassured at her emphasis on safety. Not that the Mekhet was scared for his life in any way, but it was good to know that their security was being looked after. As she shifted to the topic of the gallery they had attended, the Shadow offered a little smile back. "It really was. I may purchase one of that artist's paintings soon enough; I don't know if you saw Doubletake, but it really was something."

His eyes scanned about, and Neil realized that there were so many new faces, with some very powerful Beasts that he'd never before met. He noted Regent Brady's presence and was pleased to see her again. Neil suddenly realized there was someone he meant to ask the deputy about from his Acknowledgement presentation... but he couldn't think of the name just then.

memory fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-27 21:19:25 Neil Kingsley rolls 8 to Remembering the Names - Int+Composure (10 Again) 6, 1, 5, 4, 1, 6, 5, 6 failure

PRE

"That's great!" said Tracy, a smile touching her lips. "I only had the chance of looking at few of the pieces on display that evening, but from what I was able to see it seems that the artist is fairly talented." And she knew this from personal experience, but that was something that she would keep to herself for now.

The redheaded Deputy followed Neil's eyes for a moment, and while doing so took notice of Arnold Culler for the first time. Even though the huge Haunt displayed no Beast, the petite Gangrel still found his presence somewhat unsettling. She hadn't met him before, but had heard a thing or two about him. At least he seemed respectful of the Prince, and the fact that he was able to get that close to him without anyone intervening, surely meant that he was an individual worthy of some respect.

I think he's the one that lives underground. I wonder how he handled Mr. Stitches...

N
    Neil Kingsley

Nodding to the little Deputy's reply, Neil heard the announcement of a Regent he had never before heard of. Arnold Culler was an imposing figure, even among so many Kindred of powerful Beasts, and the scientist was curious about who he was. His head swivelled back to the Deputy.

"Ah! It seems that there are more Kindred of note to meet than I thought," he said idly, quietly, his tone curious. Perhaps Tracy might fill in the picture a little.

PRE

Tracy nodded at the Shadow's words. "Yes, I believe you are correct in your assessment Mr. Kingsley," said the redheaded Savage, wondering what a conversation with the massive Haunt would be like. She tried to recall what little she had heard about him, most of the information coming from the meeting with the Reeve and what Max had told her about the fate of Mr. Stitches.

"If my memory does not fail me, that is Mr. Culler," said the petite Deputy as she glanced over to the Kindred in question once more. "Of Clan Nosferatu, and the keeper of the Necropolis." She said all those things in a very matter-of-fact tone, yet she didn't really have a clue as to what this Necropolis or its purpose were.

clicked on 10-again by mistake...but no harm done, 1 suxx! :)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-29 11:50:21 Tracy Burns rolls 5 to Int+Composure to "recall what she's heard about Arnold Culler" (10 Again, 1s Subtract) 5, 6, 3, 5, 9 1 success

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil's eyes remained on Tracy. He preferred not to stare; after all, it wasn't polite, and politeness was important. Especially so, given the particular club he wished to be a part of.

"Oh, yes?" He asked with an interested little widening of the eyes. "I've not heard of that place before." Simply stated, a light fact, yet there may have been a question in there.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon approaches the pair at this point, holding up a hand beseeching forgiveness. The friendly smirk that is normally ever-present finally appears on his face tonight, as though quietly apologetic. "Sorry to interrupt, Mister Kingsley, but I just have a quick message for Deputy Burns, and I will leave the two of you alone."

Closing the distance to the little Gangrel, Dillon bends a little, leaning his head in to place his lips within a few inches of her ear. The back of his fingertips on her arm are offered in assurance that he isn't about to do something crazy. After murmuring a sentence or two, he straightens, and nods to them both.

"Again, apologies. Please, carry on." After which, he will move along, unless either of them want to speak further.

Whispered
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

PRE

Tracy was about to tell the Mekhet that she didn't know much about it herself, when she felt the familiar Beast of her Priscus approach. The redheaded Gangrel turned to Dillon with a smile, giving him a littly curtsy, which was still awkward as hell coming from the tiny biker. "Good evening Deputy Connery," she said to her fellow Savage in her usual friendly tone.

As Dillon whispered into her ear, Tracy's face took on a more serious expression for a moment. However, the seriousness of her expression faded away as she let out a little chuckle at his last words. "Thanks," said the petite Deputy in response to both the information he had shared with her, and the compliment. "I will keep that in mind." With those words, Tracy gave her Priscus a sweet smile.

"How does the evening find you so far?" asked the redhead genuinely, wondering what her fellow Deputy had been up to so far that evening.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread