Crone Temple: Discussion of Faith

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

@Lokio

David sits in contemplation in the backyard of the temple, gazing up at the night sky. He seems deep in thought, and yet also relaxed.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

A bat flew through the night toward the temple, letting off a roar of a powerful Beast as it came. It would not be unfamiliar to David Silver; it was that of James Calloway, who circled above before landing in the pitch darkness of the shadow of the Temple.

A few moments later, the Taifa exited into the moonlight wearing a pair of black khakis and a navy blue t-shirt. He bowed to the Heirophant respectfully. "Good evening, Heirophant," he said, speaking quietly such that his voice would not carry.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

There is a look of surprise on David's face as the bat transforms, but it passes. "Ah, welcome James. Are you aware of the interesting solar event that happened last month?" David looks at the gangrel and nods, before returning his eyes starward.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

James takes a seat next to the Heirophant. He thinks a moment, then says, "I believe I heard about the transit of Venus on the news..."

Not like he could watch it. The sun being anathema, and all that.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"Indeed. It is interesting to note that Venus, the Goddess as desire, is the rarest of predictable events. So much of the starry sky has become predictable, and yet even when the predictions happen precisely as predicted, still does humanity look up in the sky in wonder."

Forever wanting, never able to fully claim what we want.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Jim nodded, and said pensively, "I cannot claim to know why... yet I cannot help but think that predictability does not overcome wonder. Indeed, the anticipation of the upcoming known wonder can increase the joy of the arrival of that wonder."

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"An astute observatio. Which then provides more, a rare, expected event, or an unexpected, but not as rare, event?"
    Can you see where I am leading you? The darkness is deep here, but you might be able to still see.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

James thought it over, then answered pensively. "I would say that would be different to most, and depends on the definition of rare. And who is answering. But for me... rare events bring more wonder. And the anticipation, the wait, that's hard, but then when it's done, it's even more rewarding. Chris always speaks of learning from tribulation. For me, that anticipation is a kind of tribulation. And that brings wonder."

Subjective question. Subjective answer.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

An interesting turn, to find tribulation in the mile-markers on the path. And good that Chris is able to explain the truth of tribulation.

"I am glad to hear that Chris is furthering your education. I hear whispers of a library the two of you are constructing. What is it's purpose?" David asks, with seeming honesty and ignorance of the answer.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

James looked over at the Heirophant, not sure if he believed Silver's ignorant appearance or not, but unconcerned at any rate. "Indeed, he has been very helpful. As for our library... our purpose is to study the occult, and to learn," he replied, then smiled. "And most importantly in my mind, for us to bond. We are friends, and our labours together make us stronger."

And no doubt would make the Woven Circle stronger, too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread