Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1206) Big Swilla & Nightfall

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Well.

If anyone wondered why alligators were made into shoes and luggage, and not pillows or t-shirts, Nightfall could tell them. As aware of his own strength, and careful as he was, it was still like being hugged by a tree.

Fortunately, Sam Barkley had never been a hugger, unless Terri was involved -- and then not willingly.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, but you can't pout in a corner forever,"
    he answered, willing to laugh and move on from Alice. Sure, it'd taken a while to get to that point, but you had to let people know they didn't have to walk on eggshells around you.

"So... wow. There's so many new faces. How's Winter?"

The question was genuine interest; you could take the Fairest out of the Court, but it was still important. Of course, he also knew there was a good chance he'd get a completely generic, nicely worded "Mind your own business." It was, after all, The Silent Arrow.

Swilla chuckled at his words, giving the Dawn Fairest a nod. "True that! Well, I'm glad you ain't dwelling too much on it man," he said in response, glad to hear that Nigthfall was willing to put Alice behind him.

"We survive, as usual," said the Coldscales in response to the question; it was a simple yet honest answer. "The Court has grown though, along with the rest of the Freehold." With those words he took a quick look around the room, noticing the ever-growing crowd.

"Queen Byeli continues to lead us, so that much hasn't changed," said Swilla as he returned his attention to the Fairest. "Have you spoken to her since your return?"

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"No, I haven't had the chance," Nightfall replied with the casualness that only a Polychromatic could have managed.

He still had no idea who knew what. He certainly hadn't told anyone, but he also had no idea if Swilla --or more likely, Harvey-- knew. He would have been sure of the answer had he remained with the Onyx, but he had not.

Nightfall looked around, and nodded. "It has grown. I'm glad Winter has had it's share, too."

At the last, he looked up and over at Swilla, raising an eyebrow. The unspoken, of course, being "Thank god they're not all Summers."

"Felt like it was just the four of us forever."

He paused, and his he cocked his head like he'd just remembered something.

"Oh, sorry. The Queen. I mean to. Has she said something?"

Casual.

Oblivious to what the Fairest was hiding, Swilla grinned at his comment, and the knowing look that he understood all too well. "No kidding! We'll see how many stick around though," said the Coldscales as he scanned the crowd. "You know how unpredictable we can be. Some prefer to keep moving...but hey, at least you came back!"

At Nightfall's last question, the Beast just shook his head. "Nah, not that I know of," he responded in a casual tone. "I just figured that since you used to rock our colors, that she may glad to see you back in the 'hold, ya know?" He gave him a slight shrug and then shifted his attention to the pig being roasted for a moment.

"So you got any big plans now that you are back? Or are you just trying to keep a low profile and get back into the swing of things?" asked Swilla, knowing well enough that it would be hard for the Polychromatic to keep a low profile. His departure had taken many by surprise, and his return was no different. Then again, he was once a Silent Arrow, so keeping a low profile maybe came as a second nature to him after all.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Good question," Nightfall mused.

He looked around for a moment, wondering where his place was now. Especially without Sam. To every thing, there was a Season; and a time for every purpose under the heavens. Just as the sun rose, it fell, and no one stood watch over that half of the Gloaming. He saw Katrin and Harvey enter, and nodded in deference before turning back to Swilla.

"No plans, you know? Just felt... like home. Decided to come back and see what was what. Or maybe I was too lazy to start over somewhere else."

If Swilla hadn't noticed, he nodded toward the Onyx Crown.

"The Queen."

Swilla gave the Polychromatic an understanding nod. "Well, you know what they say...there ain't no place like home," he said, flashing the Fairest another grin before turning towards Katrin and giving his Queen a nod. "I figured she'd show up sooner or later, she's not one to miss these shindigs unlike..." the Coldscales let his words trail off, realizing that he was about to say something that was probably best left unsaid.

"Nevermind," said Swilla and then nodded towards Katrin. "If you wanna go pay your respects, don't let me hold ya."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Alrighty, I should," Nightfall agreed.

He turned back and glanced at the cooking meat.

"Have fun,"
    he added with a grin, exchanging closing pleasantries and then heading towards Katrin and Harvey.

Closed Thread