Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Meeting Dr Primoria

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

As scheduled, Miach arrived at the Fillard and Goldman Museum early on Monday morning. He wore his work clothes, a classic and classy outfit. He wasn't expected at the hospital until 11:00 AM, so that left him plenty of time for his first contact with Curator Primoria. He hoped she would be as easy-going as Jack. Walking straight to the desk, he spotted Gina, and lost no time at smiling at the waitress.

Hello Gina. I have an appointment with the Curator. Is she already in, please ?

m
    magiuspendragon

Gina looked up to meet the Enchanter's gaze, clearly still a little bleery eyed with a cup of coffee sitting in front of her. This does not, however, stop her from blowing a bubble in Micah's general direction. *POP* "Go on back, she's in her office." She eyed him for a moment. "You know where it is?"

Miach

PRE

It was with a broad smile on his face that the Enchanter replied the beautiful Sleeper. Or was she a Sleepwalker at least ? He hadn't even considered it before... weird.

Been there, done that. thank you, Gina. If you want my advice, try to add some sugar. It's always better with sugar, and even more so in the morning.

Walking up the stairs, he reached the door of the Curator's office, and knocked. Dr Primoria ? It's Miach, we have an appointment.

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Striking Looks •• (Elegant)
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria
    Status (Consilium) •••Status (Mysterium) •••••

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Within a moment, the door opened and Dr. Primoria looked out into the hallway. "Ah, Miach. Come on in." She opened the door fully, motioning for him to take a seat across from her desk. She sipped at a latte, settling in behind the desk and looked at him. "How have you been settling into the city?"

Miach

PRE

With a quick nod of thanks, the Acanthus entered and sat as invited.

I've been settling in very nicely, thank you, Curator Primoria. How about you ? I know you've been on a sabbatical, and then came back. How does it feel ?

While Miach was ready to be honest with the woman, he was genuinely curious about her too. She was his superior, after all, and he would have to report to her in many ways, so he might as well get to know her.

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The curator smiled enigmatically, letting the moment stretch between them. "My sabatical was...productive," she said at last. "It's good to be back in the city, but I still have some catching up to do. Our order has changed in my absense, and I'd like to know where we stand."

"Tell me about yourself. What have you been doing for the order?"

Miach

PRE

Understandable. In medical terms, she was faced with a new situation, and she wanted to diagnose it. It only made sense to Miach.

I've been doing two things for the order, Curator.

First of all, I've been promoting us as a beacon of knowledge, since I've been dispensing a course pertaining to the Life Arcana. It involved more mundane aspects such as medicine and biology. It was intended as a demonstration of our capabilities in those fields, so that the Consilium would refer to us in case of needs. The first one ended just a few days ago, and I had several attendees. I deem it had been a successful start. With your permission, I intend to keep on offering this basic tuition.
    clearly, it was a matter of great importance to the doctor, and he was nearly carried away when he remembered who he was talking to.

Second, I'm pursuing an issue about a book a man nearly died to bring us a few months back, along with Aenigma. It's currently underway, and I hope it will be finished shortly. this topic was clearly of lesser import to the Enchanter. Perhaps not to the Mysterium, though.

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Dr. Primoria sipped at her latte, listening to the Enchanter's words. "What guanxi have you obtained through this teaching?" She frowned slightly, but waited to hear his response before saying anything more on the matter.

She raised an eyebrow at his apparent shift in priority. "Aenigma has informed me of that situation, though I'm glad you mentioned it as well."

Miach

PRE

What guanxi ?

Miach was taken aback by the Curator's question, since he had never thought about it in those terms. Well, I've established to two members of our order that they could turn to me for anything pertaining to this Arcana, as well as with an Arrow, an apostate, and a Libertine. I hope through them to spread the word even further. This lesson was not intended to fall within... the Enchanter's racked his brain a little the purview of Right Exchange, or not yet at least. It was mostly teasing. Do you frown about the choice I've made ? The message also is worthwhile !

Status (Consilium) •••
    Status (Mysterium) •••••
    Presence •••
    Occultation •••
    Tyria Primoria

OCC
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Dr. Primoria's face turned from disappointment to lecture mode. "Everything falls under the Right of Exchange. All Knowledge has a Price, Miach." She paused, sipping at her latte. "Your message was worthwhile. We have spent centuries establishing ourselves as a beacon of knowledge, as you put it. But we must take care with the knowledge we've earned, with what we protect. We offer knowledge for free, and it becomes worth nothing. Think of how hard you worked to learn the skills you have. What is that worth to you?"

She sat in silence for a moment, letting him ponder her words.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread