Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1206) Terri and Spartan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Spartan

Spotting @Spartan already present, Terri looked to her husband. "Let's go say hi to Spartan before he gets swamped," the redheaded Beast suggested as she guided them to the Summer King. Reaching the Ogre, Terri grinned. "So, one whole year, Spartan? Congratulations on surviving."

An obvious joke but for anyone who had been around as long as the trio gathered, it held merit.
    Spartan gives Terri a smile as she approached, "Yes well so far none of my enemies could stand before me and mine."

"It has been a long, hard year. But thank you for your support Terri." Spartan rotates his neck for a moment thinking about what is coming.

L

"I don't think we've found any that could stand against the Iron Spear in all my time in Sacramento," Rick agreed. It had been something of a reassuring constant so far. When the Freehold mobilized in any sort of force, especially with Summer involved (which they almost always were), whoever was unlucky enough to find themselves the target of such an action was inevitably brought to heel.

And usually put six feet under, it seemed.

Seldom were victories of any sort claimed by their foes. Even if the brief triumphs for them could still have lasting consequences for the Freehold. The Earwigs' brief reign of terror that had resulted in the Freehold losing the Ember was one. Bloodnose's attempt to seize Emma had resulted in another, the fall of one of Spartan's predecessors undoubtedly a loss felt much more keenly throughout the Freehold. But Bloodnose had fallen soon after to the vengeful Summers, and Rick had been part of the ragtag group that had ended the threat the Earwigs posed. Their foes occasionally won battles, it seemed, but never wars.

"And here's hoping we never do." That probably would've sounded a bit better if he'd had a drink in his hand to raise, he realized a bit belatedly. Oh well.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Its no trouble, just nice to be able to have faith in Summer again," Terri said honestly. It may have sounded like a put-down but that wasn't how the Beast done things, and Spartan would know that.

"Hear, hear," Terri added as Rick spoke, smiling as she clutched at his arm. It was always a fascination of hers to see how the powerful mantles of various Changelings interracted, especially such close Seasons like Summer and Autumn. In fact, it gave her several ideas for some raiment.

"Changing the subject, I thought I'd do some shameless self-promotion," Terri smiled, her bushy tail swishing. "I've started to sell hedgespun raiment from Treetop Fashions. Marcus has kindly provided some jewellry to help me get started but I've also begun creating some items of my own. If you know anyone who would be interested, would you mind spreading the word please?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Spotting her Autumnal friends already engaging with her king, the Fairest makes her way over to them with a beaming smile.
    "Terri, Rick! It's good to see you!" she says brightly.

She then composes herself and bows to Spartan. "Your Highness. I'm sorry for my inactivity of late. As your right hand, I should have at least informed you of my inability to perform my duties."

S
    Spartan

Spartan turns to Terri and Rick. "Thank you both for the Support. I will continue to lead the Summer Court until I find an opponent worthy of my life. And of course I will spread the word Terri"

As the Elf approaches Spartan does not hide the anger on his face.

After her words Spartan's brow furrows, "Yes... you should have. Your disappearance without a word only shows your disrespect for your brothers and sisters as well as the position you held. You are no longer my Adjutant. You will hold no position beyond that of a Grunt until you can be trusted and prove that are worthy." Spartan's voice carries all the weight of the court he leads. Spartan thought he had failed in assigning her the duties of Iron Adjutant. He had full intention of reassigning her to something better fitting the woman. And then she disappeared, without a word. Which proves even more that she cannot be trusted with responsibility.

"Sovereign of Nightmares, Harvest Envoy, if you will both excuse me. I need a drink."

L

Don't we all...

Well...the mood had gone from pleasant to awkward quickly enough. Very, very, awkward. In truth, it had him more than a little tempted to follow Spartan to the bar to get a nice stiff drink of his own to knock back. But a larger part of him was tempted to give seven foot tall masses of muscle and violence space when they requested it. Even if they could be trusted implicitly.

So instead he just fidgets slightly and opts to let one of the girls break the silence. No doubt if he did it would just become even more awkward.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

The words stung Xerxia, but in monarchy-like governments, she knew that it wasn't her place to stand up to the ruler unless she intended on taking it for herself. She bows to the Summer Sovereign and says, "Yes, my liege." As someone who prefers to keep a lower profile, queenship wasn't an option.

Of course, as Spartan turns away and she begins to think things over a bit more, her mantle begins to simmer. And once again, any prior achievements I may have done to help this Freehold get forgotten in an instant by a single mistake, a single miscommunication. What kind of fairness is that? What kind of justice is that? Am I forever doomed to cycle up through the ranks just to get knocked back down?!

The elf then flicks a switch inside her, and her mantle dims only to the point of recognition before the heat emanating from it could expand much further beyond her vicinity and before any of the sounds associated with her anger could make so much as a peep.

Turning to her friends, she says with an embarrassed frown that also slightly hints at both the hurt and fury she is trying to bottle up, "I'm sorry you had to see that... Please forgive my horrible timing, both in disappearing and reappearing..."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri was beginning to smile as she spotted Xerxia yet when she heard Spartan's words, the Harvest Envoy had to respect what he said.

"Of course, Crimson Lord, enjoy your coronation," Terri replied as the Summer King walked away.

She turned to Xerxia, a small smile appearing. Stepping forward, Terri gave the Fairest a hug reserved only for friends. "Don't worry about it, its just good to see you're alright. How are things?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Jack sidles up not long after Spartan leaves in a swirl of heat and anger. He gives a wide smile to Rick, Terri, and Xerxia and even leans over to playfully jab the Summer fairest in the ribs with his bony elbow as he swirls the contents of his glass with his other hand.

"Hey, what's up? Nice to see you're still around, Sara. I was starting to think you were dead."

Jack gives her a playful wink before he takes another drink of his bourbon.

L

"Eh...it's not like your the first person who's had to duck off the radar for a while." Which was certainly true, Barkley had drifted in and out of the Freehold quite a few times. Though it was hard to blame Spartan for being upset when someone holding a court position just dropped off the map for a while. But that was also a Summer issue, for Spartan to worry about and deal with as he saw fit. Not necessarily something Rick had to hold against her.

He offers Dr. Jack a nod of greeting as he walks up, eyes perhaps lingering wistfully on the glass of bourbon just a bit. Maybe next time he should get something to sip on first.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.