Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Seneschal) Session Hours 8

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

The cacophony signs pointed to the Avalon as one of Sacramento’s Elysia. Within these walls held the Avalon Underground. A place of sanctuary and assistance as well as a common meeting place of Kindred. As an Elysia, generally there was at least one Deputy that was within to uphold the laws of the Domain the Prince had set forth. That evening @Ricardo R Reyes had been at its location.

Their voices could probably be heard as the halls were rounded by newcomers since Ariana’s door was open. It was never a surprise to find Ariana working or reading paperwork and keeping an eye on her laptop from time to time. She wore a strapless black knee-length dress which perhaps looked a little on the summery side. Her office was set up quaint with plenty of chairs and three across from her desk.

The office of the Seneschal is neat and organized. A framed picture on the wall was rather large which was probably a gift from someone, much like the necklace she wore as well as a ring on her right hand. There were a few of books on etiquette, writing and a few books on psychology. Several biographies on journalists including a book on Roxana Seberi. There were several high back chairs and an office style sofa with which could easily accommodate more than a few people. Her door was open, since she did not mind drop ins. Tonight, Ariana was on her laptop writing. There were notes upon her desk as well as a tablet computer laying beside her. The Lordess was great at multitasking as her head looked up periodically from the door to Ricardo.

OOC Note

Callum McCann

S
    Sabeleth

After arriving at the airport Callum had taken a taxi downtown and checked himself into a hotel, mainly to grab a shower and change his clothes. First impressions were important and he was damned...well okay, even more damned, if he was going to turn up to his first encounter with the local players in anything less than smart attire.

He paused outside the Club for a moment and readied himself for the unholy inner screaming of his beast. Breathing out slowly he made his way inside, giving the interior a once-over. Predictably the beast started to complain almost immediately, but he pushed it into a corner of his mind and allowed himself to be guided to the back of the club and down into the Elysium proper. Handing over his coat Callum explained that he didn't carry any weapons, but that he wouldn't object if searching was the tradition. Satisfied, the ghoul told him that he could find the Madam Speaker if he followed the corridor around to his right.

He could hear their voices as he approached. Madam Seneschal I presume. Who else? Probably an enforcer. Deputy or Sherriff? His beast was getting more and more uncomfortable as he approached the room. There were two unknown kindred up ahead, and they were considerably more powerful than him. Frankly, being embraced was a liability at times, and rather than be embarrassed by having to turn and flee he turned his focus on calming the little coward within. By the time he succeeded he was at the open door, and reached out to firmly and politely knock.

Callum almost forgot himself when he saw the beautiful woman working at the computer. She was so alluring that his beast's flight response was buried beneath an avalanche of admiration for her physical form. Offering a respectful nod he stopped himself from staring and let his eyes flick to the other person in the room, an imposing latino who looked like he could handle himself in a fight. His beast rebelled at the idea of walking into the room with the pair, but with an effort of will he suppressed it and spoke smoothly, focusing on the Seneschal.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting. Madam? I'm Callum McCann. Just arrived from New York this evening."

E
    Ebon Reaper

Ariana's Mexican Clanmate was standing off to the side. As usual, he was wearing one of his suits. Before the other Kindred arrived, Ricardo had been reading a book. It seemed that being able to stand still for much longer than one of the Kine was a great overlooked advantages of the Kindred condition. When the Seneschal wanted to talk, he was of course happy to engage in conversation. Otherwise, he tried not to interrupt her work.

When the Hispanic Ventrue hears the knock, he closes his book and puts it down. He ignored the Smoking Mirror's suggestions about what to do to the newcomer. Instead, he gave the man a nod and tried to size him as a potential threat. It was mostly out of habit. He knew all too well that diminutive looking Kindred could be powerful monsters.

A
    Ariana Donovan

The Lordess’ beast flashed to the doorway before Ariana could get its shell in sight. Her own buzzed in her ear to get rid of it now, it would go unnoticed. She quickly put it to rest with a welcoming smile.

“No you are not interrupting, please come in Mr. McCann. Welcome to the Invictus Domain of His Majesty Alder Prince Clarke.” Ariana’s hand made a gesture inviting him further into the office. “Please have a seat if you wish.” The same hand gestured to a chair on the opposite side of her desk then made a noting motion to Ricardo. “This is Deputy Rodriguez.” Smiling to the Hispanic Lord but making no motion that he was to leave. For all intents and purposes it was business as usual.

The Seneschal studied the man for a moment. The name sparked something in her memory, but she was unable to place it for the time. Still seated another hand turned toward her as she spoke with an impeccable smile. “I am Madam Seneschal Donovan.” She sat forward a little ignoring her computer and her attention the confident Callum. “What brings you to Sacramento from New York?” There was a look in her eyes as held a barrage of questions she awaited to ask. “Perhaps you could share a little about yourself; and if you are only passing through or looking for a more permanent residence.” Her cobalt eyes studied Callum unobtrusively as Ariana's focus was on the new Kindred. As a first impression, he seemed amiable and pleasant; this was a good sign.

S
    Sabeleth

Callum returned Ariana's smile with a charming one of his own. "Thank you Madam Seneschal, it's a pleasure." He nodded to Rodriguez. "Glad to meet you too Deputy." Sliding into the offered chair with an easy grace he sat with an air of formality about him, neither too relaxed nor overtly tense. It was appropriate to the situation at hand; this was a negotiation after all.

"I should begin by saying that I hope to be allowed to take up a more permanent residence in His Majesty's Domain of Sacramento. I have certain skills that may prove useful." Looking Madam Donovan in the eyes he did notice something familiar about her too and tucked that away for later. "Let's see, I moved to Manhatten in 1995, and was embraced there in 2004." A wry smile appeared on his face. "So in our people's terms I've barely existed. In some ways that's been useful, as I made a bit of a name for myself on the East Coast. I don't know if either of you are into the rock music scene, but I was the front man for a band called 'Shattered'. We're, well, we were big in New York." Callum's voice is smooth and confident, managing to be conversational but business-like at the same time.

"I used to enjoy all of the attention, but after a time it can get awkward. So I decided to quit the band and find a fresh start in the West. Oh, and I have a letter of recommendation from my former Priscus. She thought it might be useful." He decided to pause there and let them question him at their leisure. There was plenty more to talk about, but it would be good to know where their interests lay.

A
    Ariana Donovan

The way someone dressed said a lot about an individual. For Callum, his attire said business and fun was something he liked to mix. Already wanting to contribute to aiding the Domain in a positive way was also a plus. “Thank you for your willingness already Mr. McMann, it says more than you can imagine.” Ariana said with a grateful and genuine tone.

Her face remained attentive and pleasant while she listened to him speak. There were memories of the Big Apple that stirred within as he mentioned the times and his band. The Lordess was sure there was more to the story, but that would wait for later. Ariana shook her head slightly and waggled her finger with kind expression. “I would not sell yourself so short Mr. McCann. Age does not always equal wisdom.” She softly chuckled, but there was great truth to those words. Shattered.” Ariana spoke slowly for a moment and looked off to the side a second as if she was attempting to recall something about the band. “Yes it can understandably become awkward. Change can be a wonderful thing.” Her smile as understanding as her voice.

The Lordess thought this man should connect with Velma Star , on a musical level at some point. Perhaps they may not have the same musical tastes but they already had something in common.

“I knew of the Primogen in New York was Ms. FitzCharles. Was it she who sent the letter? Of course I would love to see it.” The Lordess asked with a smile as she recalled the previous Domain. Letters of recommendation were becoming more popular so it seemed.

S
    Sabeleth

Callum nodded in agreement with Ariana's words of wisdom. She might remember the name of the band popping up from time to time in the entertainment columns of local New York magazines and newspapers. "I appreciate the difficulties with accepting new members into an organisation Madam Seneschal, and I can only hope my impression on you is as good as yours is on me. I'd like to make it as easy as possible for all concerned. Oh, and my sifu used to say much the same thing about wisdom. I had nothing but the greatest respect for that man." He smiled warmly, despite the shrill wailing of his inner beast, and slowly reached into a suit pocket, removing a rather old-fashioned envelope with a wax seal. Politely he offered it to the Seneschal, though he wouldn't be offended if the Deputy wanted to take it for her.

"Ms. FitzCharles is Primogen of Queens, and I have had the pleasure of meeting her many times. This letter was written with her approval but, since I was part of the Manhatten Domain, it was penned by Ms. Bialka."

From a pants pocket he took out a cell phone and placed it on the table. "If you don't mind I'd like to give you both my contact number just now in case you need me at any time. Is there anything else in particular that you would like to know about me? I expect there is plenty for me to learn regarding the rules, regulations and political structure of His Majesty's domain." His pleasant manner and attentiveness suggested that he'd be happy to talk all night if she wanted, or would be equally happy if she needed to get back to work sooner rather than later.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana had made a few notes here and there to discuss after all the other formalities were ensued. Callum had a solid way about him, but not arrogant. She wondered if some knew the difference. She had noticed his warm smile as the Daeva mentioned the person he spoke of.

Nodding to the mention of Queens versus Manhattan, she poke. “Yes, I have heard of her although I did not have the privilege of meeting her.” New York was an awfully big apple.

The Lordess pulled a card from her desk, which was written A. Donovan <Number> upon it. “Thank you, and here is my number as well. I do have more questions that are more conversational. However, let us go through a few things first.” Her lips held the same welcoming smile.

“Let us look at the Laws of the Domain together.”

Her hand moved to guide down the side of the Laws. “We have Traditions. As long as you are upholding the Masquerade, you will not foresee an issue. You may interact with them, so long as you do not break the Masquerade. However, mortal laws will still apply if you are caught by their enforcement.” Ariana let that portion sink in and moved on.

“The next is Presentation and Acknowledgement. You are already currently meeting with myself for this. Your Prisus is also Her Grace, Judex Twist and the Daeva’s Whip is Madam Harpy Brown.” Her hand slipped to the next three areas. The Lordess still brought up this point to newly arrived since sometimes they met other neonates later and could at least point them in one direction.

Personal Domain is forbidden to violate so long as they are in good standing. A Blood Hunt may only be called by myself or His Grace, Alder Prince Clarke Duke of Sacramento. If the need arises that you need to address him, please address him as His Royal Highness, Alder Prince Clark.” Her eyes looked to Cullum as she told of Asa’s title. “His Majesty is also the only one who may grant the Right of Destruction. With this, Treason is also taken seriously as well as our customs of Etiquette.” Ariana paused a moment as he read through.

“As a matter of Inconcessus, those listed here are forbidden to feed upon. And last but not least, the point of Nota Bene.” Tapping on the final part of this list and letting the Daeva look upon its notations.

“In addition to these laws, we have customs of the Elysia. There are four places in the Domain that serve as our Elysia’s. However, kine do still inhabit some places within. Choose your words carefully within those walls. There is to be no violence within, and unless you are a member of the Prince’s court, the gifts of blood are forbidden as well.” The Lordess pulled back slightly allowing Callum to reread as necessary. “Please feel free to ask questions.” Ariana offered as she waited for his reply.

“I will also point you to our Kindred of Note. As you can see your Priscus is also one of our Deputies. The Herald to our Prince is also Keeper Martha Villiers. Reeve Greyson may be able to assist you as well as the Deputies of our Domain. We have our Covenant Leaders should you ever be interested and there are the Prisci.” The Lordess’ hand moved to tap on the Domain map below. “These are our Regencies some of which have a Regent. There are Racks located within each, as well as the Communal Hunting Grounds. Its Rack belongs to His Majesty. If you wish to feed from the Regencies or one of the Racks you will need to discuss this with one of them. In His Majesty’s case, either myself or Herald Villiers.”

OOC

S
    Sabeleth

Callum gratefully took Ariana's card, and didn't appear in the least bit overwhelmed by the sudden flood of information. He had been expecting something like this and, having just come from a domain run by the Invictus, seeing mostly similar rules was somewhat comforting in a bizarre way. No Carthians? Interesting. Of course, being led through the rules and regulations by such an articulate and attractive woman made things much more pleasant. Throughout the explanations Callum's demeanor remained calm and politely attentive. He read through the names and titles several times to help cement them in his memory, and carefully studied the map of the various regencies.

"Thank you Madam Seneschal, this all seems relatively straightforward. I'm looking forward to attending my first court, it will be good to put faces to all of these names and titles." He smiled his thanks with no small amount of charm and took another quick look at the documents before continuing. During that pause his beast fumed at the thought of being stared at by all those new kindred, and did it's best to plant the seeds of various excuses for not attending. Callum's mind wasn't proving a very fertile ground for such suggestions.

"A few questions do spring to mind, if I may?" While she had already given permission it was more polite to phrase it in such a way, and despite the currently repressed instinct to run and hide, he felt the desire to show her every courtesy. After Callum asks a question he leaves a suitable pause so that Ariana can respond.

"If I am fortunate enough to address His Royal Highness, he prefers the full title? So, just to be 100% clear, that would be 'Your Royal Highness, Alder Prince Clarke.' Rather than simply 'Your Royal Highness' or 'Alder Prince Clarke'." Callum was fairly sure he knew the answer, but when it came to a first meeting with his new Prince he wasn't going to fuck it up on account of not double-checking when he had the chance.

His next question related to the matter of hunting and establishing oneself in the city. "So I see that, following my acknowledgement, I am free to hunt within the Communal Hunting Grounds. Presumably there are also rules relating to where I might establish a Haven? Further to that I suppose there is a probationary period for new arrivals in the domain, until they may seek permission for more permanent tenancy, and perhaps also for pursuing business interests?" He kept his eyes on Ariana but always remained aware of what the Deputy was doing. Madam Donovan's dress was very flattering, which to Callum was another point in her favour.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“There are other nights that some gather together even when there is no Official Court. I am sure you will be able to meet people then as well.” Ariana smiled at the fond memories of some nights. Some of the others need not be mention unless there was a problem. "They take place at various Elysiums throughout the Domain. Official Courts sometimes have a theme or a dress code that should be followed. The themes are usually quite enjoyable." The Lordess grinned nearly causing a wink in one eye.

Why were there not more like this gentleman?

“Certainly, that is a good question.” Ariana said in response to Callum’s questions. “Your Majesty Alder Prince Clarke, or Your Royal Highness, Alder Prince Clarke will work upon first meeting. While in conversation, you could continue with Your Majesty or Your Highness.” Her cobalt eyes rested for a moment making certain she answered the inquiry. The Lordess nodded affirming his understanding. “Yes, all of that is correct. You will be able to have a small Haven in the Communal Hunting Grounds as well. Given some time, you are welcome to pursue things like tenancy or work out an arrangement with one of the Regents.” She said with a pleased grin. The Daeva’s questions were inquiries and not demanding. Some should take lessons.

“We can proceed to the Oath of the Domain, if you do not have further questions.” Her brows rose with curiosity to Callum waiting for either more questions or a sign he was ready. There was no hurried tone in her voice as she spoke.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread