Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Mr. Tickle's Wonder Emporium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 12 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last

Perry diCarto

With a nod to the old woman, he politely said, "Yes, ma'am," and looked around with Jack at the books. This was such an interesting place. How did I end up here?

"New enough," he replied with a smile to Jack. "I didn't get out much until recently, sadly. Have you been here long, Jack?" Hopefully the Chirurgeon would get the code. Perry's eyes scanned the room, and snapped over to the newcomer as she entered. He offered her a polite smile and returned the nod from Anya. "Good evening," he said, allowing her a chance to reply to Jack. He'd introduce himself in due time.

As Tobias Thorne , Karina and Marcus Evan walk into the stall, they quickly realize they are surrounded by a wide variety of strange machines, clockwork trinkets and other shiny objects. The place has a very steampunk feel to it, almost as if someone had decided to grab the trio of Changelings and throw them into a page of an H.G. Wells' novel.

While much of the merchandise on display looks like it came out of a Victorian era sci-fi film, the Lost notice that many of the objects are actually mundane contraptions. However, some of the trinkets do seem to have been touched by Fae magic upon closer inspection. In one of the tables, there lies what looks to be a steampunk laptop of some sort, and directly above it in a makeshift shelf, there's another clockwork animal that looks like an owl.

"If there's something in particular you are looking for," says the short Wizened to the group. "Don't hesitate to ask." A smirk touches his lips for a moment, perhaps a sign of excitement due to potential customers.

m
    magiuspendragon

"I've been making a point to meet local artists," Tobias said to Marcus. "Your name came up in a conversation with Mrs. Rosemary. I'd like to have a chat about that sometime." He didn't want to go into too much detail here, in the stall of another artisan. So instead, he turned to the shopkeeper.

"It's an interesting aesthetic," he said to the wizend man. "Do you have anything here that could carry a tune?" That at least, would be something he'd be able to judge, if it didn't inspire his own work.

K
    Kazakin

Danny ran his tongue across his short fangs, while he had that creeping feeling that his nerves had made him seriously screw up again. Hadn't been the first time.

"God, I'm sorry," he said, cringing at himself. "I really need to stop winding you the heck up with gibberish like this in public, it's just going to get people thinking we need to be committed. It's good to see you outside of the hospital. How's your head doing?"

Stupid, stupid, why can't I ever do anything right?

K
    Kazakin

Rook didn't even blink when his tongue betrayed him, his mental filing system throwing up an automatic cue card. He'd learnt to deal.

Ensorcellment just slipped up. Say something neutal and true that will change the context. Do not continue the conversation.

All he'd said was the word 'Court', anyway, instead of 'Group'.

"Incidentally, Hedge Court is a terrible name for a band."

He added this with barely a beat, not even giving any indication that he'd noticed the crowd.

L

Rick had been ready to say something about LARPing, it was generaly his go to whenever something that sounded...a bit suspicious, was said out loud. But talking about band names would work wel enough, probably. He nodded slightly towards Terri, "It was her idea, then I got outvoted."

Not that he was going to use the distraction to dodge the potentially more awkward question. "I've gotten drawn into some stuff with Marcus that's kept me pretty busy." The details of which he certainly wasn't about to get into when they were already the subject of curiosity and odd looks. "I don't suppose you've heard of what's going on there?"

This scene is now closed to new arrivals.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Of course Alec is here to talk with his fellow Lost, knowing folks better can never harm. Still, there is something he needs to know. After the introductions with Serreth, Aldamoth and Danny, the Woodblood takes a step closer to Mr. Tickle himself.

'Hello sir! This is all very wonderful, and I am sure to come back later, but I was wondering... do you happen to know if there are stands nearby where one can get something to eat. Perhaps a fresh bite, fruits or the like.' He adds a wink when speaking to the master of the wonder emporium. If someone would know, it has to be him.

Right?
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Mr. Tickle's eye seem to gleam a bit brighter at Alec's question.

"Well, actually... I do have some... organic fruit that might interest you."

And with those words, the red-furred wizened pulls an orange crate full of peculiar looking fruit out from under the front desk of his stall.

"These were grown by my neighbor, Moira. They're certified organic."

Tickle waves his hand over them as he places them out in the open. Although the fruits appear juicy and succulent to the changeling's eyes, the mundane-seeming mortals appear to snort in disgust.

The old woman at the front nods and then returns to her sudoku puzzle as the three Lost wander about the shop.

Near the back, the cat stares Doctor Jack for a few, potent moments. Then it opens its mouth. "You're cute, honey, but if you want to touch me I'll need a doctor's note saying you don't have anything catching." Her voice is a whiskey-touched alto that evokes images of 1940's Hollywood matrons. As she speaks her eyes sparkle with either amusement or challenge - probably both, and her tail flicks back and forth in twitching fits. She glances Perry diCarto and then stares pointedly Anya Wyrmblood for a long moment before returning to licking her right front paw and running it along her face and ear.

Page 6 of 12 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
Closed Thread