Ended
Watch

Mr. Tickle's Wonder Emporium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
    I
    Irina

As the Draconic took her first few steps into the tent, her attentive gaze immediately panned around to the unfamiliar faces inside. She just followed a snooty, self-satisfied cat into this place; the suspicious side of her way taking no chances that this was someone's idea of a funny bad joke.

When nothing jumped out at her as immediately untoward, Anya gave a vaguely friendly nod to Perry and a polite indication to the woman. Jack, at least, was not an unknown factor in the room and the Doctor elicited a small smile.

"Hello," she greeted.

But for the most part, her attention had begun to roam across the items on offer. She was in equal parts quite fascinated, and internally aghast that the things were no arranged just so.

"Evenin', Mr. Valentine, Danny" remarks the Leechfinger pleasantly, giving a polite nod to each of his fellow Courtiers. Hazel eyes peered out from beneath the hood, inspecting those nearby, before centering back on Mr. Tickle.

L

"It almost was." If the Hedge had overtaken the Ash Runners when they'd ventured into the Hedge to drag Tick out of it...well, in combination with what else had happened last night it may have practically been a crippling blow to the Freehold.

On one hand he was almost surprised to see Rook here. The metalflesh had never struck Rick as the flea market type (that he probably didn't strike people as that type either was lost on him. On the other, well, the Constable was so meticulous in his patrols and attention to the security of the Freehold that it was hardly really surprising to see him anywhere within its boundaries.

He flashed a brief smile of his own as he noted Rook's, following Terri over to him. "Can't say I was expecting this place to be quite so busy."

No one had ever said that small talk with people he didn't know well was one of his strengths.

K
    Kazakin

"Oh, um, Tongs, Danny Tongs. Autumn's Provisioner of Bounties. I think I overheard you introduce yourself," Danny explained quickly, awkwardly offering a long-fingered hand to the massive Elemental. "Sorry. I get a bit... flustered when I meet new people, I..."

Shut up before you sound stupider.

He cleared his throat.

"I was just browsing myself. It's always good to have a look around and see what other people can do..."

K
    Kazakin

"Watching other people have fun," Rook responded, his small smile not flickering. He turned his head slightly, examining the crowd. "I try not to have too much fun on the job. People might get nervous if I'm enjoying myself too much." It was mostly just a joke, but any policeman who had too much fun watching over a place was on a shaky line in the Constable's opinion.

Never enjoy authority. It turned people into monsters when they did.

"You weren't? It's mostly your Court here, Rick," the Metalflesh sounded mildly puzzled. He leant in slightly. "Glad I caught you, by the way. How's your schedule looking?"

Because if it was your wife out there, I wouldn't have rested, Rick. And I cannot do this on my own.

T
    Tyladhras

Serreth extended a hand and gently shook Danny's with slow, deliberate movements, studying the Wizened as the shadows of his mantle flickered about him - he was curious like that; about everything...

"No need to apologise, Provisioner - not a title I'm familiar with I must admit. Regardless I'm aware my statuesque physique can be a little imposing, my apologies if I startled you." His deep voice was jovial and friendly, he smiled broadly at the stick-thin figure of Danny. "I am but a humble student of the Wyrd still with much to learn."

He surveyed the stall before him, perusing a few of the trinkets. "Although our Sovereign tells me we don't have a Lord Scrivener for the time being."

Mr. Tickle smiles in acknowledgement of both the greetings and compliments directed his way. He might even be blushing, but it would be really hard to tell. He starts working the crowd that had begun to gather and sets various toys in motion to the delight of his audience. However, he does seem to be paying more attention to certain customers at his stall than others. Those able to tell the difference notice that he appears to be hovering near the changelings present moreso than the normal humans. He frequently asks the crowd in general if there is anything they are looking for in particular. That is, until some of the mundane mortals starts to whisper amongst themselves and give strange looks toward Terri Nutkins , Danny Tongs , Rook , and Serreth( Tyladhras ) as they speak quite openly about the Hedge, the Courts, and the Wyrd in such a public place. In fact, the wizened craftsman starts to look rather uncomfortable and might even seem to be avoiding them. Tickle glances at Rick Pereg( Lesingnon ) as if to try and ascertain what the Autumn King thinks of all of this.

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Jack smiles graciously at the old woman as he follows Perry into the tent.

"Duly noted. We'll consider ourselves warned."

Turning back toward the fairest, he gives the black-skinned man a wry look before glancing at some of the dog-earred paperbacks on display.

"I think I'd remember ever seeing you around before. Are you new to the area?"

Noticing the cat, Jack puts out a tentative hand, but stops short of actually touching the ebon-furred feline. Instead, the wizened waits for the kitty to decide if it wants to be scratched behind the ears. After all, Its Desires Are Its Own, as well. The good doctor is musing on the green-eyed animal's similarity to his new companion, when he notices the striking, yet inscrutable dragon lady addressing him.

"Oh, hey. How's it going? You on the lookout for anything in particular?"

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus subtly scrutinizes the spider as he looks around the stall. Me might be admiring the ingenuity of the clockwork automaton, or he may just be on the lookout for any stray wisps of pink cotton candy. It's hard to say, and the stoic metalflesh isn't telling. However, the metalflesh does show a bit of surprise at Tobias' words.

"Really? Why's that?"

Marcus browses through the merchandise on display as he waits for an answer to his question and gives the shy ogress a friendly nod when she is introduced.

S
    Sasha

The Winter Dancer had never found time to go to a flea market while she passed from city to city and country to country. Perhaps she would regret not going to one in Europe, but not likely. Especially Italy.

The Fairest didn't harden her mask. The natural glow about her shined a little through the crowd. There was a cool wisp a little around her, not enough to be felt more than a few feet away. L'aire was still unfamiliar with the city for the most part, but followed the directions on the sign at the Four Seasons. As she arrived at the destination her step moved as it usually did, with a bit of a lilt. She wasn't wearing anything flashy and only had a tank top and jeans on. It was summer and wearing too many layers would be ridiculous. The Fairest gleamed to a few she could see, but waited to approach anyone till she'd looked around a little. More new people she didn't know from the Freehold, apart from the other people around. She could easily spot Terri. Who couldn't miss that gal. Perhaps some shine little thing could catch her attention.

Page 5 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread