Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Mr. Tickle's Wonder Emporium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Perry diCarto

Shaking the hand as he looked the Wizened in the eye, Perry smiled. "Don't mind if I do, Jack," he said, and accepted the offer to precede, sliding into the tent smoothly and taking in whatever lay beyond. What's with his hand? He hadn't looked, but it had felt... crusty?

As he entered, he said, "Hello," to the old lady, allowing Jack to come in before he went on.

L

"No I can't imagine that it is. I'm just happy that everything turned out as well as it has." There was a long while where it certainly hadn't looked as though it was going to. Back when no one had been able to catch sight of neither hide nor hair of the Wizened as the hedge grew steadily more treacherous. Not to mention distinctly dangerous to anyone who ventured into the thorns. "For a while...it looked like things were going to get ugly."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Although Alec is still distracted by all the stands around them, and amazed by the toys before him, he is not oblivious to the men standing close.

'Good evening Aldamoth.' He gives his fellow Autumn Courtier a quick nod since he remembered him from the meeting. The Woodblood also greets the man of stone. 'Hey... Serreth was it?'

A look here, a look there, but eventually he remains focused on Mr. Tickle. The Autumn Courtier is curious to see how Tickle reacts now the flea market finally starts being interesting.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

"I can assure you it shall be most interesting," says the goblin of a man, looking up at Tobias Thorne and Karina ( Sirith ) with that toothy grin of his. The mechanical spider begins to move as he says those words, crawling up the merchant's arm until it reaches his shoulder.

To the eyes of the Lost, it is clear that the metallic contraption is Hedgespun. Something about the spider's mechanical movements actually make it seem as if it is alive. "Please, feel free to browse around," says the Wizened to the trio as he gestures towards the entrance to his stall.

Inside the tent the warehouse's ample lighting is muted, creating a diffusely lit atmosphere reflecting the twilight outside. Nearly a dozen long folding tables are set up inside the pavilion at various angles creating a maze of surfaces throughout. The tables are completely covered by mounds and mountains of various and sundry objects.

Books are common throughout. Many tattered paperbacks can be found in all genres. A pile of books in primary colors sport the names of popular science fiction authors such as Bradbury and Heinlein right next to a boxed set of the complete works of Shakespeare missing a single volume. At least one half of a table seems devoted to romance novels, while the occasional untitled leather or cloth bound grimoires can be found like precious gems amongst the trash.

Clothing is also omnipresent from every era from the past century and a half. A full length ball gown complete with a massive hoop in the bottom of the skirts covers a large portion of another table. On top of the dress are a pair of white leather shoes, a leather biker's jacket with a six-inch fringe, a pair of golden-colored roller skates, two pairs of bell-bottoms - one brown and one tie-died, and a scarlet cummerbund lay strewn about. On another table a World War II era German officer's hat sits at an angle on top of an antique jewelry box.

Other pieces of furniture and appliances can be found. Antique hair brushes and hand mirrors can be seen on one table next to a 70's style avocado-green refrigerator. An old kerosene lamp with a cracked glass globe lies on it's side inside a Rolls-Royce vintage tire. A large golden-filigreed bird cage is full of matryoshka dolls of a wide variety of sizes and painted in all colors. A cheap plastic garden gnome holds an Easter basket filled with newspaper and a power drill.

And that is only the things that are noticeable in the first glance around the tent. A black cat leaps up on top of the bird cage and begins cleaning her paws directly underneath a sign hanging from the ceiling that reads Do not feed the cat. in bright turquoise lettering painted cheerfully on a plank of pine.

The old woman looks up as Perry enters and squints at him through her half-moon glasses. "Eh? What's that, sonny? Feel free to look around, but no filching. I'm watching." Her voice is thin and reedy, exactly as anyone would expect.

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias smiled at the Ogre. "Sounds like a plan." As the metalflesh greeted them, he shook the man's hand (@%1;). "Tobias Thorne, I've actually been looking forward to meeting you." Mrs. Rosemary had mentioned the other elemental's name at their meeting, and it was good to put a name to that face. "This is Karina ," he said, indicating the Ogre. "We just met ourselves."

He let his attention be drawn by the shopkeeper as he stepped inside. He watched the spider crawl on the man's arm, noting it's movement. He kept browsing the stall without a word, though he was silently impressed with the work. First rule of haggling: Never let them see how impressed you were.

K
    Kazakin

"Ya- oh, hi Serreth!" Danny said, in his traditional 'I-was-thinking-and-you-surprised-me' response of almost screaming. He took a deep breath, gripping his cane and shaking himself. "You, you must have seen the notice too. Anything in particular you're looking for?"

The words came out hastily, in a rapid splurge of chatter, and the Wizened cringed at himself. There had to be some knack to it, but it seemed like no matter how the words sounded in his head, when he spoke they always came out at either machine gun pace, or like an awkward snail that had gotten lost.

"Oh... um.. hi @Alec Valentine , and um... Aldamoth, hi to you too."

They must have snook up on him while he wasn't looking.

@Tyladhras @Cameron

K
    Kazakin

Watching the crowd, Rook picked out familiar faces from the Freehold without too much difficulty. It might have been harder if they weren't Lost, but the distinctive mantles helped. That, and he knew their faces, and in most cases, had watched them since they had arrived.

That was a disturbing thought- that he'd been in the Freehold longer than a lot of these people. That he probably looked to them the same way some of the others had looked to him when he'd arrived - somewhere far distant and important only if it meant that an instruction was forthcoming.

...Well, perhaps not quite that bad. They of course, were not interpreting the world through the eyes of a chesspiece that regarded itself as knowing precisely where its place was.

Summer's Constable of Calefaction let the crowd roll around him so that he wasn't blocking the stall, and moved back a little, just to get a better view. He glanced sidelong at Rick and Terri, giving them a slight nod, and his little trademark half-smile in acknowledgement.

T
    Tyladhras

"Mr. Valentine, a pleasure to see you again." said Serreth, bowling slightly. He moved to try and let others past him, his huge bulk took up quite a lot of space.

He turned to the thin, gaunt figure of Danny Tongs. "Hello there, I'm mostly just looking to see what my curiousity finds. He looked quizzical for a moment. "I believe I might have seen you, sir, at the end of Spring gathering but, you'll have to forgive me, I don't recall us being introduced, Mr?

OOC

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Well, I for one am glad it didn't. When the Hedge takes offence to being screwed around, it shows its displeasure, as we've seen. It could have been so much uglier."

Watching the passers-by, Terri was intrigued with just how popular the flea market was, and she had to take her hat off to those who ran it. However, she wasn't stupid. The Beast was all too aware at the dangers a market to hold to the unaware.

Spotting Rook , Terri smiled, heading over with Rick in tow. "Evening, Rook," she said as they reached the Constable of Summer. "Having fun?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread