Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Mr. Tickle's Wonder Emporium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Grimalkin glances upwards as the lights flash. She let's out a small hiss of annoyance before looking back at the group. "Very well then, Dearies. It would seem our time grows short. If you have nothing you think suitable to bargain with now, then think on it. I will likely still be here the next time you return. Tell your friends, tell your enemies, but be sure to tell them to only approach me when I'm alone."

She turns a stern, hard stair at each in turn for a moment, driving the last home. Then she looks back at L'aire. "Mice are a good start, sweetie, but they only last so long before they stop being fun. If you really want to impress me, I hear that one of the merchants around here makes little clockwork animals. A mouse like that that will always run and won't break would be worth quite a bit, indeed."

She hops down from her perch and slowly walks toward the group. "Beyond that, look around at my collection and you'll see the sort of thing I like. There are memories in the past and the keepsakes we treasure oft hold those memories close. I could find something for you, dear." She turns her attention to Perry, "If you had something you wanted to part with in exchange now I'm sure we could make a quick deal. Otherwise, feel free to return later with or without your beautiful friends here." She winds around Perry's legs, letting her tail wrap around one of his knees briefly in something between a possessive and seductive manner. "I'm certain we could find many interesting things to discuss," she says to him with a definite purr in her voice.

The short Wizened rubbed his chin as he put some thought into Tobias' question. "I've got an owl and a hawk for sale," he said to the Elemental. "But like I said, I can make custom orders as well." The merchant paused for a moment, grinning at the Spring Courtier. "A Lyrebird you say, hmm...I think I can manage to make one of those," he said as he began to make some calculations in his head.

"What are you willing to offer for such a thing?" asked the merchant as he looked up at Tobias Thorne , wondering what the Manikin was willing to part with in return.

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias looked up as the lights flickered. "Looks like we're out of time," he said. "Here, why don't you take my card," he fished one out of his pocket, "And we can negotiate price for one of your creations." He handed the card to the wizened, before making his way out with the rest of the crowd.

Perry diCarto

Perry looked down at Grimalkin with a little smile on his face. Why not give it a shot? "Well, I don't know what you're looking for, but I have the softest tie you could possibly imagine made of a fine silk. I like to think of it as my lucky tie." He pointed at the beautiful tie, which he'd worn into Court plenty of times and won. "I also have my cufflinks." The emerald ones that matched his eyes. He showed them to the cat.

Expensive? You bet. But if the little seductive creature enjoyed such trinkets.

He shrugged, letting the cat decide if she wanted to get her paws on either, and what she had in return.

T
    Tyladhras

Serreth recovered himself from picking through various odds and ends.

"There were a lot of interesting things to look over but sadly nothing that really caught my eye... Perhaps next time, when I am better settled in Sacramento I might have an idea of something specific to look for.

He stood beside Danny, as he prepared to leave. "How about yourself? Anything catch your eye?"

S
    Sasha

"So you want a wind-up mousey?" Wow, Target here I come.

"I guess they have those nearly anywhere too." Wait that sounds too easy... Her head quickly tilted as she asked. "Unless you specifically want one from the clock maker Grimalkin?"

The Fairest wondered if this was going to be a wild goose chase. The only thing she would chase is the chance to talk to her mom one more time. She wouldn't sell herself for money and she certainly wouldn't do something crazy for a mere bobble.

L'aire looked at Perry's cuff links. He didn't seem attached to them at all. Too bad she didn't have something around like that, but she usually traveled light....okay well the suitcases of dance-wear were not light.

K
    Kazakin

"I make most of my own things. I was really just looking for ideas," Danny explained, smiling sheepishly. "You know... crafts fairs and things give me ideas."

He fiddled with his cane, embarrassed.

"I... well, I've got some things I should be working on. I'll see you around?"

Grimalkin stops, suddenly still as a statue and gives L'aire a cool stare for a moment. Then she speaks with a very dry tone. "No. I do not want just a 'wind up toy mousey.' The clockwork contraptions created by the merchant a few stalls over are of the utmost quality. I require a model that will stand up to my rigorous workout routine and one that will also react in such a way to be of some use. One of those toys that simply runs in a straight line and falls to pieces at the first graze of a claw will not suffice."

She then turns toward Perry diCarto and movement returns as her tail starts swishing back and forth once more. She stretches forward and claws into a nearby coat a couple times before straightening again. "Lucky tie, hmm...?" She purrs interestedly. "I have a couple things I might be willing to offer. A hedgethorn, perhaps 2 or 3 inches long, black and profanely twisted, fashioned in to a lapel pin, or possibly a tie tack. It is friend to those who deceive and who wish not to be deceived in turn. Alternatively I could teach you an old trick you might find useful. One that differentiates between truths and falsehoods."

Perry diCarto

Perry smiled down at the little cat. "You know, Grimalkin, we may be able to do some business in the near future! I'm wondering if you happen to have a lapel pin or tie tack that would give me more... intensity." He smiled a big smile. "I find truth can also be gained from witnesses by harnessing their fear of being caught for perjury. And, of course, the trick may be good too."

"Would you care to meet in the near future? I can no doubt acquire a second item to trade in the intervening time."

It appears that all unfinished business will need to be completed at a later date as any stragglers are herded out of the warehouse so that it can be locked up for the night.

End Scene

Page 12 of 12 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
Closed Thread