Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Mr. Tickle's Wonder Emporium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 11 of 12 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last

Grimalkin stops her bath, holding as still as a statue for a moment, blinking Anya Wyrmblood it what seems to be confusion. She suddenly moves again and turns her attention to Perry diCarto . "Oh...." she purrs at him, "manners! Very good, sir. I graciously accept your apology."

She then deigns to answer L'aire . "The cost of course depends on what you want help finding. If, for example, you're looking for a necklace of dewdrops caught in a spider's web or want to know which graduation tassel or fuzzy dice will eliminate traffic then I only require minor tribute. Maybe something to supplement my collection or a mouse or two to play with. If you want to know which book will tell your future that will require a bit more."

As she speaks her tail lazily twitches back and forth. "For you, dear, I could show you a jewelry box that once a season finds something new for its mistress. Perhaps a net of snowflakes for your pretty hair, or a pair earrings of fresh blossoms that never wilted? I was told that once it even made a pendant that glittered with the entire night sky, though I did not see this myself."

Grimalkin's gaze takes in the entire group now. "I have many trinkets, trifles, tokens, and more hidden amongst my treasures. A needle that will make any room a home. A pair of skates from a dead girl's feet. A comb that will make even the most homely girl the damsel of the ball. An old rocking horse that will carry your things so long as you keep it well fed and tended. Or a mirror that captures your guests dreams for you to sip from later. And many more wondrous things. Ask, my darlings. Tell me what you seek and make me an offer."

The Wizened chuckled at the words of Tobias Thorne , shaking his head slightly. "I've got a couple of others," he said as he gestured towards the mechanical owl resting in one of the shelves. "I am also willing to take custom orders if you seek something of the sort."

m
    magiuspendragon

"You know, I think I'll take you up on that," Tobias said with a smile. "A sort of bird perhaps, a songbird? A friend of mine once mentioned a bird called a Lyrebird. What would that set me back?" He'd broken his own rule, but he was officially interested. Now maybe he could still negotiate the price down.

The overhead lights of the fleamarket dim three times in quick succession, signaling the late night bargain hunters that they need to complete all transactions and head toward the door. Some of the vendors have already closed up shop and have beat the crowd to the exit. The market is closing. Please come again.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Hmmm, what to do...' Alec says softly to himself. The flea market was closing already, and Tickle seems to have a hard time to close the actual deal. The fruits might not be his stuff, yet he sells it.

I'll just have to give more.

And so the Woodblood decides to buy some of all fruits. You only live once, that is the popular saying nowadays, isn't it. He doesn't know what everything is, but he'll surely find it out.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

K
    Kazakin

"Ah, closing time," Danny mumbled, almost in relief. "Did you, um, did you see anything you liked, Serreth?" He flexed his fingers on his cane, trying to calm himself down. His stupid mistake was rattling around his skull, and he felt bitterly ashamed. If only there was a way to stop his nerves from getting to him so much.

If only-

-A horrible fragment of an idea was starting to take shape.

K
    Kazakin

Rook let Terri and Rick examine the items ahead of him. He really had little desire to purchase anything. His only concern was that everything had gone along quietly, which it seemed to have.

The Constable had little affinity with the magic of the Lost, and tokens and Hedgefruits were lost on him. Even the power of his own contracts were an innate, almost reflexive action that he controlled only through his own steel-hard willpower.

No, the reason he was here was simple; the security of the Freehold was everything. And the Freeholders had, by and large, behaved themselves. Nothing serious had happened. No one had died.

No enemy pieces, despite the Board's insistance.

He would be the last man out, of course. That was how he did things.

I
    Irina

The shiny object-loving Draconic would have dearly loved to spend many hours, whiling away the time peering at the items of offer. But closing times were there - unfortunately - for a reason. It was probably just as well, it would not do well to spend anything on items that she could not accurately horde away in the hotel room.

Caves were better for that sort of thing, but she would never live in one of those again. Never.

"Hm, I'll have to come again," the Draconic murmured, and did sound somewhat disappointed. Perhaps she had found a new haunt, for when she needed a suitable distraction.

S
    Sasha

There was a quick rush of thoughts plaguing L'aire's mind. For a moment, she imagined wearing the necklace of dewdrops. Which quickly turned into the necklace from hell in her mind. The drops suddenly turning into little eight legged beasts running up and down her skin made the Winter Fairest visibly shudder.

"The dice and tassel would be useful if I had a vehicle." The Dancer laughed as she attempted to forget her thoughts. "Unfortunately Grimalkin, I'm not a fan of spiders." Her lip curled apologetically. L'aire's hand flanked a little as she continued. "Besides, I don't have any mice with me right now to barter with."

There was still something to wonder about the book that would tell her future. Yet as a Winter, she hadn't dreamed of forming attachments with anyone as of yet. So acquiring a book of such caliber was probably a moot point for the time being. Her violet eyes peered around to see if anything else flashed her fancy.

Perry diCarto

Perry smiled at the cat bashfully. Here he was, his apology being accepted by a kitten. I want one! I'll be your guardian, and I'll feed you and love you and pet you --

He snapped out of his reverie at the mention of mysterious and magical items. And that made him grin. "I wouldn't say no to something that would tell me if witnesses were lying in court, or what kind of mood thej udge was in," he quipped, but then his face became serious. "...actually, that would be very, very useful. But I don't really have anything either..." He shrugged to L'aire as if to say, What can I do?, before returning his gaze to the cat. It seemed he'd have to come later on as the hour was getting late.

Page 11 of 12 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Closed Thread