Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Herald's Office Hours (4) Bianca meets the Herald and a Deputy

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    R
    Ruphi

Bianca chuckled "Well now that the security screening is complete I am eager to recieve the presentation miss Villers."

Her sprits were uplifting that the kinddred of this domain could come off so friendly. Her calmness was slowly being replaced by an excitment that she might just belong in this town. Her body language showed no shift, but her voice did lift up ever so slightly in excitment, and her eyes did twinkle with potential dreams of future stardom. She was also warming up to Dylan more to the effect that his calm collected exterior clearly held his daemon at bay with little effort. His strength gave her comfort from her initial worries of being eaten as if she were a certain fairy tale on her way to Grandma's house.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Adjusting her spectacles and leaning on her cane, Martha nodded. "Of course! Please do follow me, Miss!" Smiling gently at Bianca she began to quietly hobble heavily over towards the Meeting Chamber.

Martha hobbled along with care and gentility, but her false leg dragged a little all the same as she tried to walk with grace and elegance.

Smiling with sincere joy at her guest. Reaching into the pocket of her college blazer she pulls a set of keys. The keys are soon used to open the door to the meeting chamber before being returned to the pocket as she gently eases the door open. A graceful hand gesture invites Bianca to enter.

The meeting room itself is clean, smelling heavily of lavender and furniture polish. Wall lamps gently illuminate a room containing a polished mahogany meeting table with enough matching chairs for a dozen people and, at the long axis of the table there is a standard issue Flip-Chart is erected from the floor at the end of the table closest to the door. The front sheet is down, obscuring whatever is written within.

"Please, Miss, after you! Do find a seat and make yourself comfortable!"

Martha smiled and took position next to the Flip-Chart. Watching with wide eyes as they all settled and waited while Dillon entered and secured the door. She gently rests her cane on the table and takes up a felt marker pen from the pen tray attached to the Chart frame.

The front sheet is down, obscuring whatever is written within.

After a moment of quiet to let everyone settle, Martha carefully stood and hobbled over to take position next to the Flip-Chart.

She gently rests her cane on the table and takes up a felt marker pen from the pen tray attached to the Chart frame.

Another gentle smile is offered as she begins cheerfully' "Thank you for indulging my presentation!" she begins with positive good humor and bright eyed glee, "I usually begin with a formal introduction, so I shall not deviate from that!" she chuckles merrily, "To formally introduce myself...my name is Miss Martha Villiers." with a giggle, she adds, "As Herald, I speak with the Voice of the Alder Duke of Sacramento and Prince of this Metropolitan Domain. This may be contrary to some expectations of the office of Herald, but this is the direct Wish of His Grace, the Alder Prince. I am also Mistress Keeper of the Elysia. I have a deputy in that latter role: Bailiff Daniella Sage, she is often on patrol. I shall point her out to you if she arrives this evening..." another happy smile is offered, "Now...as you shall see, I have drawn this series of charts and notes as a presentation which is intended to make you aware of the key features of the Laws of the Domain...and also to set out a brief orientation of the hierarchy of the Domain! I am happy to take questions at the end. At the close, and after any questions. I usually end with an invitation to swear an Oath of Fealty, but we have already done so!" she smiles again. The wide blue eyes happily fall on Bianca...Martha smiles playfully to Dillon too before turning her attentions back to the Chart.

"You must understand, Miss, we aim to help secure a safe Domain. A Domain where we can all flourish and prosper! Now, I there is much to absorb, so I shall try to be concise..." and she launches into a friendly presentation, turning each charts with gentility. Lingering long enough on each chart before turning them over so each can be read without haste.

Martha doesn't repeat or read out all there is to see on each chart. Feeling that such activity would be superfluous and tedious.

Chart 1

The Traditions

Keep The Three Traditions in full.

Breaking the Masquerade shall incur the Prince's displeasure.
    The Prince: has exclusive Right to Permit Embracing Childer
    Regnants are responsible for their Thralls and Childer.
    Those who have committed the Amaranth are NOT welcome

Chart 2

Presentation & Acknowledgement

Any Kindred entering the Domain have Two Weeks to present themselves to the Prince, His Seneschal or His Herald

Prisci may take full responsibility for one of their own. Presentation is then deferred until the next Court.

Only Acknowledged may Hunt in the Domain

Chart 3

The Blood Hunt

Only the Prince, or His Seneschal, shall call a Blood Hunt.

Treason - is thus: violation of allegiance toward His Grace, His Property or His Will. Acts of waging war actively or passively, or aiding His Enemies.

Chart 4

Etiquette

Kindred shall show their Respect by appearing at Court.

Failing to appear to two successive Courts invalidates Acknowledged status.

The Alder Duke places a properly high value on good manners at Court

Chart 5

None shall harass His Grace, the Duke

Should any find themselves in His Presence: keep a respectful distance, approach only when invited to do so by His Grace

The only exception shall be if His Grace finds himself under duress. Then all Kindred should render swift aid.

Only His Grace shall decide whom is bound by Blood Vinculum

It is Forbidden to use Powers of the Blood in the Elysian Fields - excepting the Mask of Tranquillity and in the defense of the Elysia, Officers of Court or with prior permission

Chart 6

Feeding

None shall Feed upon, Ghoul, Kill, or otherwise harass, the following:-

* Law Enforcement
    * Firefighters
    * EMTs
    * Hospital Employees

Chart 7 - is a flow chart and organ-a-gram

Alder Prince: His Grace, Alder Asa Clarke, Duke of Sacramento
    Royal Archon: Alder Judex Twist
    Seneschal: Regent Ariana Donovan
    Harpy: Madam Alice Brown
    Herald & Keeper: Miss Martha Villiers
    Bailiff: Daniella Sage
    Reeve: Regent Conner Greyson
    Deputies: Sidor Grigoriev, Dillon Connery, Lance Rayner, Ricardo Rodriguez, Tracy Burns

Regent (F) Ariana Donovan and Conner Greyson
    Regent (RM) vacant
    Regent (CH) Dr Erika Brady
    Regent (V): vacant
    Regent (SS) Roxie Hart

(Martha has added here a Flip Sheet showing a fairly detailed sketch map of the Domain boundaries to this chart for clarity as per this: ( http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Vampire_Subinfeudation )

Here Martha speaks again, cheerfully adding; "To dwell in certain areas of the Domain, one must secure the right to do so from that zone's Regent. The Regent's hold the right of control of a municipal zone from the Alder Prince. They control the activity therein and award the right for Tenancy and Feeding as they see fit." pointing to each sketched zone on the map with her pen, "Here, you see the Regency of Roxy Hart..." the pen marks out the zone shown, "Here is the zone of Dr Erica Brady...she is most beautiful and most intelligent! This zone is under the joint control of the Regents Donovan and Greyson. The others zones..." she traces those too with the pen, "are vacant of Regents, but they now fall under the direct control of the Alder Prince." a happy, friendly, smile. "Each Regent is free to make their own compact with you, should you elect to approach one of them for Tenancy and Feeding rights. Some may require a service to be performed to win the Right of Tenancy. However, by having Acknowledgement, you are free to reside within the Communal Zone and Feed in these areas. Ah...but I am sensitive to the pressure our expanding population may eventually have upon the mortal population in the Communal Zone. So I encourage you to make a compact with either myself or the Seneschal. The Regents have had enough newly arrived Kindred directed their way for the moment and the Feeding pressure will need to be distributed somewhat evenly. While the Acknowledgement offered here tonight and the benefits of it will stand, the Feeding pressure may stimulate more questions than can be safely risked by the Masquerade. I do urge caution!" a cheery smile. "It is worth noting the limits and area of the Alder Prince's private Rack. Thus..." and here she identifies on the sketch the rough area of the Prince's Rack (the patch of area under the 'AME' of Sacramento on the map linked above), "Here the Alder Prince controls and exercises direct Feeding Rights in this area, which is within the Communal Feeding Zone." she adds...

"This personal Rack is an area encompassed roughly north of West Street and Capitol City Freeway; east of 5th Street; west from 29th Street and south from J Street...that is the Rack. The precise area is marked on a map I have here..."
    and she taps her blazer pocket briefly before carrying on, "This Rack is a Royal Domain and Feeding Rights within that are highly protected." a happy smile. "The rest of the Communal Zone is exactly that: open to all."

Chart 8

The Elysian Fields

NB: Unless with prior permission, it is Forbidden to use Powers of the Blood or carry weapons into each Elysium

The Elysian Fields in this Domain are:-

* The Avalon nightclub
    * The Reverence nightclub
    * The Ember nightclub
    * The Ballo Della Notte Theater

Chart 9

Covenants

Carthian Movement: position vacant
    Circle of the Crone: Hierophant David Silver
    Invictus: Judex Twist
    Lancea Sanctum: Bishop Sidor Grigoriev
    Ordo Dracul: Grand Wyrm Max Heinz

Prisci

Daeva: Judex Twist
    Gangrel: Dillon Connery
    Mekhet: Conner Greyson
    Nosferatu: Sidor Grigoriev
    Ventrue: Ariana Donovan

As Martha gently turns the last chart over, she pauses and turns all the charts back to the start. Placing the pen back to its tray on the frame and nodding to Bianca as she smiles, her twin tails bob with her energy. Martha clasps her hands behind her back. "Well, I have spoken enough for the moment! Do not worry. I realize this is a lot of information to absorb in one sitting, so these charts will be here for your consultation should you wish to refresh your memory of their contents at a later date! I hope that was useful. Do you have any immediate questions, Miss?" she asked cheerfully.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

R
    Ruphi

The Daeva walked in slowly and peered around the room with her prior excitement levels in tact. The well kept interior was exactly what she expected for a place that ultimately represented the most influential kindred in the city. She took a seat after the door was secured and crossed her legs at the ankles and hands placed into her lap. She was taking this presentation very seriously, but her mind did wander as she listened to the information.

The first few slides appeared quite standard and were very understandable. By the end of the third slide her mind started to ponder the minute details.
    Treason sounds quite broad. What constitutes an enemy; two kindred taking an interest in the same resources...

Her mind drifted away as the next chart was shown. Her excitemnet rose a bit more. Court was always a good place to see who was who. They could draw out at times, but the gossip afterwards could always draw a smile from the rose. As the page flipped her internal monologue kicked in again
    It is always better to be called upon than be a squeaky wheel, and the last thing I want to do is catch the ire of the prince. The progressive concept that blood bonds are so limited is a delight to hear. I'm sure it is only in reference to kindred, or his excellency would be tired of requests for ghouls.

As the page turned to feeding she nodded as they were a no brainer,
    avoid judges, lawyers and anyone that an out of excuse hangover would raise questions that needn't be answered. Better to exceed the restrictions than fall short. An appointed Harpy, interesting. Her eyes lit up at the potential of one day rising to possibly hold a sublet of the city. She did show a bit of confusion to the vacant areas and their two offset colors. She was also slightly happy that the university fell into communal zone.

As the last two pages were revealed Bianca was a little shocked that Carthains were listed as vacant. She gave it a moments thought and made the realization that her sire would push her towards another city that had no Carthians so that she would have the greatest of challenges ahead of her.

dice roll

I do have a few questions, "Can you define what constitutes an enemy to the Prince; are there currently anyone that is currently an established enemy of his excellence? Are Carthians welcome in this city?" She held back her questions that could have been taken as rude, and did her best to make it appear as if these were her only confusions. More or less She could ask other questions as they arose before she risked making large mistakes.

[Willpower 5]
    Out of town

Martha Villiers

PRE

Watching Bianca closely and with a friendly gaze, Martha smiles and nods. "Quite simply, Miss, anyone who opposes the Prince's rule in thought, word or deed, is likely to be judged to be an enemy. We spare little mercy for such opposition. Or rather, mercy is not a quality we recognize when faced with treason." she nods carefully. Clearly wishing to gently get across the idea that opposition has always failed in the past. "We have several matters of security that require attention. I would ask that you speak with the Reeve to address those. If, upon acknowledgement, you are eager to contribute to the security of the Domain...and such is often a path to recognition...then certainly speak with the Reeve. The Reeve and his cadre of Deputies...along with myself as Keeper and the Bailiff...all work closely to patrol the highways and byways of the Domain. We also look to the vigilance of those Acknowledged Kindred to help with patrols and remark upon things the see which seem unusual. No one is ever rebuked for passing on information. No matter how trivial it may seem. As the motto goes: eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." a gentle smile again. Martha adjusts her spectacles once more.

"As to the matter of the Carthians: they are welcome...providing they come in peace and cause no trouble. Mostly they seem to be more trouble to each other, than provoke restlessness within this Domain. Many have travelled through the Domain. None have lingered for too long. Besides, those who lingered for any time appeared to shift their allegiance to another Covenant."
    she shrugs. Martha's shrug may convey that: if she gives the Carthians any thought at all, she seemed content with this pattern of behavior. Who was she to complain?
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon merely quirks an eyebrow at the grouping of the questions, from his post by the door. He wonders if that is just sheer irony, or it is actually Bianca's progression of thought. Other than the eyebrow, though, there is little else that moves his expression beyond his normal smile. A smile which is little more than a smirk, but lopsided and friendly. And maybe it gets a tad bigger when Martha adjusts her little glasses.

Perhaps he could have offered an encouraging word regarding the Carthians, in the form of Lance Rayner... He'd watched the man become a Deputy, and then Ariana's personal bodyguard, all while Prefect.

Then he dropped the Covenant like a bad habit, and disappeared.

Wherever you're at, be careful.

He had also earned the benefit of the doubt regarding his loyalty, as far as Dillon is concerned.

But instead of giving the name of one worthwile Carthian, the Gangrel remains politely silent. Until such time as a question is posed to him, or he sees where he may offer assistance.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

R
    Ruphi

With her questions answered she glanced over to Dylan and tilted her head slightly. She didn't necessarily see the quirked brow, but took Connery's silence as an indication that he was more or less a security precaution, and that Martha was doing an excellent job. The rose wasn't actively trying to ignore him as she attempted to absorb all the information she just recieved, but Martha was clearly in charge of the converstion.

Bianca smiled and then looked to both kindred and chuckled. "I have no intentions of causing trouble. I am looking for stability. Thank you for clearing up my questions as well" She smiled slightly for a moment and then rememberd the oath was allready done and smiled. She pauses for a moment and humbly asks one more question as she looks downward towards the ground to show a slight bit of submission "Must I speak with his eminence in order to obtain tenancy and feeding rights in Rosemont Mather? I do not want to burden the communal zone more so than needed." She glanced over to Connery to more or less to indicate that she wasn't actively trying to ignore him.

Martha Villiers

PRE

A gentle smile. "Ah...I am certain you won't be a burden! But...His Eminence...that is a title usually reserved for a cardinal. The Duke, the Prince of this Domain, is usually referred to as His Grace or His Majesty." another happy smile to show this is information, not rebuke. "To obtain Tenancy you may negotiate with me. Those who have obtained the right to reside in the Regency have usually done so through earning it by providing some service to the Domain." Martha plays a moment with her spectacles. "It might be too soon to negotiate...you ought to settle into the Domain...meet your fellow Kindred! But, for the sake of discussion...what would your ideal project or service to the Domain be?" a happy smile. Martha, sharing a smile with Dillon and Bianca, seems very keen to help and talk.

R
    Ruphi

What respecting Daeva would want to live in the commons anyway?

Bianca smiles widely as a twinkle enters her eyes. "The goal would be to promote large social events behind the scenes to increase the amount of people in the city. It would relieve the stress of the current feeding situation. I'm thinking the events will cover various forms of art, or charity functions. It would add to the overall cultural value of the city. Her words were calculated and flowed off of her tongue with a honey like quality. Who didn't appreciate the arts in many forms? Who didn't love the idea of weekend warriors coming into a city and leaving feeling a little hung over? "Obviously I would keep a more dilignet eye as well to a region I am welcome in that has the afforded safety of being a luxury location to any threats to the domain as well as the laws of the land." The tone was not arrogant at all, but more humble sounding. She also took the time to glance over to Dylan to see his reaction.

" I obviously cannot promise much at this point though, because as you said it would be wise to get settled in the Domain first, which is very understandable. " But it would be so much better to just move where I want to start building assets. She blinks and shifts her weight slightly as if she is contemplating for a moment.
    "Perhaps you have something that comes to mind that I may assist with?" The tone of her voice raised slightly as the Daeva wanted to see what either of the kindred had to say.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listened carefully and rubbed at her prosthetic knee as she did so, though taking care to ensure her long gymslip didn't expose the mechanical joints. Nodding in various agreements with Bianca's overall agenda, her twin tails bobbed along.

"That all sounds splendid, Miss! I would recommend that you speak with the Harpy and the Seneschal and also Deputy Tracy Burns, Miss Catherine Keys and Mr Chase Ankers too with these social schemes you have in mind. They may, in their own ways, help expand your insights into the local social scenes. A most interesting project! I will enjoy being kept up to date about how it advances for you!" a happy smile is offered and she claps her hands in a brief moment to express her delight at hearing Bianca aims to be active, not idle.

R
    Ruphi

The rose's eyes sparkle. "excellent, I would love to meet them after I get settled." It would be a little silly to meet them when I have nothing to offer, too much debt. "I will keep you updated as I progress, but my plans are just rough ideas right now. It was more important to make myself known and welcome than to plan on elaborate projects that will take a considerable time to execute." She didn't want to reach for the stars and fall flat on her face too early and become the laughing stock of the city.

"Miss Villers, how do I get in touch with the aforementioned individuals?" Her tone was polite, and she was soft spoken.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread