Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Ogre in the Tree (Private)

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Karina actually entered Treetop Fashions just ten minutes after the call, and half of that time she spent on gathering her courage. Terri was really elegant and pretty woman and the boutique came out to be a really fancy place so the Ogre felt out of place. She tried, though. She wore the best clothes she could find (it's unbelievable what people are throwing out sometimes) and clean as far as she could while living virtually on - or under - the streets (as she wanted to know a bit more about the local Hedge before putting up in there).

Still, even in a bit too big light-green 3/4-sleeved blouse and tattered jean trousers the girl couldn't just relax. Don't be stupid, Karina, she thought, she's not gonna eat you. She's not one of Them. She's Lost like you, just found her place. She'll help you find yours.

It's not so certain.

Just try.

I'm afraid.

Of course you are. You'd be stupid if you were not. Come on.

O-ok...

"Uh... Good morning?"

The Ogress' voice was meant to carry more confidence with this greeting, but she became a bit overwhelmed with the place's elegance and sheer amount and variety of clothes. The girl looked around for the shop's owner.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

As Karina entered the boutique, a tiny bell tinkled as the door opened and closed. There was no sign of the Beastinside the immediate entrance but as Karina called out, the tippy-tap of tiny feet made their way down the spiral staircase. Terri smiled as she saw the Ogre.

"Hey Karina! That was fast!" Terri chuckled before giving the woman a friendly hug. "Come on up, I'll show you around," Terri said as she broke the embrace and headed back upstairs, which gave the impression of climbing up through the heart of a tree trunk before stepping out into the boutique proper, where lots of clothes were on display, mainly women's outfits but a few select pieces for gents.

"Would you like a drink, Karina?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

OOC

Oh.

Okay, Karina was hoping for friendly welcome, but the hug was kind of unexpected. For a moment Karina was stupefied. Damn, that was sudden. The Water-Dweller wasn't a frequent target of such gestures. Sure, some Lost in Russia, especially one bear Broadback in Sochi, kept to the usual 'bear hug' greeting, but the Ogress' reserved demeanor kept most of them from doing that.

"I, uh, actually phonet from phone box nearby. I don't haf my own phone," she admitted, still a bit dumb expression on her face. The girl followed Terri to the upper floor, trying to regain her composure, but all her efforts went to waste as she saw all those pretty clothes. Wearing them sounded like a dream, making - like a madness.

Karina came to her senses at the Beast's question. "Uh, yes, water woult be nice. Thank you."

Water. Water was something to cling to in those surroundings. Treetops weren't an obvious place for the dwellers of water depths. She was a stranger in a strange land and any anchor of sorts would really help her get in place.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

As Karina asked for a water, Terri headed through the back to where the small kitchen was and brought through a glass of water for the Ogre, while in the other hand was a Diet Coke. Passing the glass to Karina, Terri invited her to sit on one of the couches near to the changing rooms, where a large oval mirror was on display.

"I'm glad you came by, gives us more time to talk about stuff as well as see if you're willing to give the store a try."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

Karina looked around as Terri went for drinks. She felt uncomfortable and a bit like a Cinderella... Until she looked into the mirror. In the end, she was a woman.

Hey, in those clothes I look a bit more presentable that week ago. Maybe in a week it'll get better if I can get something better.

She wasn't expecting much, but she made one move with her hand to change the arrangement of her hair (and seaweeds). Uh, that's not it. Another to repair it.

When she heard Terri coming back, the Ogre (who's body language say saying "I didn't do anything!") looked and her and smiled nervously. She accepted her glass with a fast 'thank you' and sat on the couch, leaving most of the place for the Beast.

"I-I... thought about it and I still' think I want to do it. Just tell' what you..." The girl stopped for a moment, searching in her memory for a word. "What you ehspect from me." For a moment, she felt bad for being blunt, something she just couldn't help. "Aaand we kan speek of other thinks you want."

Description

PRE

"Well, to begin with, I basically need help around the store," Terri explained, looking around. "I just haven't got the time to be here round the clock so I could really do with an assistant to help out, meet with customers, watch the fort while I'm dealing with, well, freehold business. I'm not saying I'll just up and abandon you, or leave all the work with you, far from it, just an extra pair of hands, eyes and ears for when it gets busy. How does that sound?"

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

"Sounds like somethink I can do. I am no afrait of being alone guardink. I can talk with people, but I don't haf..." A moment of thougth. "Merchant skill. But I'm no stupid. And I will try get my speeking better."

Whole-green eyes cross the Beast's.

"I want to work. I want to work good."

Description

PRE

Terri grinned. "Then, its a deal. Obviously, you'll get paid and we can work out shifts, but anytime you need something to wear for an evening or even while working, feel free to borrow an item or two if need be. And I really wouldn't worry about being a good merchant, I'm still new at this too."

Looking around, Terri was pleased. This would mean she could focus on the freehold again without worry about neglecting her store. "So, want a tour?"

Description

PRE

The rest of the hour was spent with Terri showing the rather muted Ogre around her boutique.

End Scene

Closed Thread