Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1205) Tobias, Perry and L'aire

m
    magiuspendragon

"Good to meet you as well, L'aire." Tobias said, sounding the name on his tongue. "That's a lovely name, very lyrical."

He chuckled at her words, feeling the strings on his own arms vibrate, providing a subtle undercurrent to his mood. The music only he could hear, maybe she knew something of that herself. "I've been going around, hoping to meet the artists and performers of the city. It's good I ran into you then."

He turned to Perry. "Pleasure to meet you as well Perry. Me, I'm a luthier. I mostly make guitars, though I've been known to take commission for some more esoteric instruments. And yourself?"

S
    Sasha

“Good to meet you as well Perry.” Though L’aire didn’t raise her hand up to shake it since she was cupping her glass of tonic. “Until recently, I performed with the Cirque de Soliel, but now I just teach at a dance school in town.” It was like going from the highlife to the low life in her eyes. Albeit she enjoyed teaching, it would yet be another missing piece to her life. “There is a company within the school, so it may be a possibility.” Her violet eyes smiled to Perry.

Her attention too, did turn to Tobias as well. She was obviously flattered by the Elemental’s compliment. “Thank you Tobias.” Thankfully her keeper didn’t give her a name like pirouette. The Winter Dancer held back her passionate curiosity for a moment, and then indulged. “Other than your work with guitars, is there a particular reason you’re interested in meeting artists and performers?” The Winter Fairest's ears, though covered by her long hair, could be seen twitching subtly at the rising curiosity in her mind.

A private stringer… I wonder if that’s like a private dancer. L’aire laughed devilishly in her head.

“Yes, Perry what do you do?” Her gaze half turned to the suited Fairest.

Perry diCarto

Smiling at L'aire, he said, "Wow! That's fantastic! Your students are lucky to have such a talented instructor." He sounded a little starstruck.

To Tobias, Perry replied, "A luthier? We should talk later on, then, Tobias. I'd love to check out any stock you might have. You do any basses?" diCarto wasn't a fantastic musician, but he got the jist of playing a couple of instruments.

When they asked him what he did, the Fairest shrugged good-naturedly. "Me? I'm a defence attorney," he answered calmly, not wanting to be a dick who tried to make a big deal of it. If you don't know, then it probably means you're not a lawyer or criminal piece of shit. Which is a nice change from 95% of my personal interactions!

m
    magiuspendragon

"Cirque du Soleil?" Tobias quirked his eyebrows. There was a note of awe in his voice. "I saw that once, years ago. It's quite the experience."

He gave her a warm smile. "We have quite a few artists, artisans and performers in the freehold, from what I've been told so far. I'm hoping to organize some events, give people a chance to showcase their talents, build community, that sort of thing. Trying to get a feel for who'd be interested."

He turned his attention to Perry. "Sure, come on by sometime. I didn't make any basses for my current inventory, but I could definitely work on one." He handed Perry his card. "I'll look forward to it."

"A defense lawyer, huh? That's interesting, you must meet a lot of people on that gig."

S
    Sasha

L’aire couldn’t help but think this guy certainly had traits of a lawyer upon quick observation. Considering he’d not seen her dance and quickly complimented her it was a little strange. However, she plastered a flattered grin on her face to Perry. “Thanks. Maybe you’ll actually see me perform one day.”
    The Fairest’s expression winced a little. “Defense attorney. I’ve seen some live court stuff on TV here and there, it looks like it could be stressful.” Her head titled a little for confirmation.

The Winter Dancer’s attention turned back to Tobias. “Yeah, it can be a great experience to watch and be involved in. I was an alternate for Zumanity on occasion but I was a performer in the Criss Angel show, KÀ, Viva Elvis, Beatles Love, “O” and Mystère in Las Vegas while I was there.” L’aire rattled them off like it was second hat to her.

“I’d be interested Tobias. Do you play guitar as well or any other instruments?” Her violet eyes intrigued by the Elemental. She also didn’t want to assume he played as well as created. “And I didn’t know we had other performers other than Rook.” She quickly laughed and her hand washed away from her side shaking her head. “Then again, I haven’t really gotten to know many around here yet.” The Dancer had met a lot of people but most of those conversations were pretty acquaintance type so far.

Perry diCarto

Accepting the card with a flash of that shining smile, the Shadowsoul placed it in his suit jacket pocket. "Thanks, Tobias -- and yes, yes, one does. I tell ya, some of the stories I hear..." He chuckled, trailing off and looking down at his shoes for a moment. His eyes came back up as L'aire mentioned the stress of his job, and a memory came unbidden:

Memory

The memory gave him a little smile, and he replied, "It has its moments, that's for sure. But it can be enjoyable."

Revelling in the amusement, he relaxed and had a bite of cake as L'aire and Tobias chatted. It was good not to be a summer student.

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias nodded along as she described the shows she had been in. It was an impressive set, to be sure. "I play mostly guitar," he said L'aire's question. "though I have to be familiar with most of the instruments I make, at least enough to ensure they're properly tuned and to test out the sounds. I'm no good with brass and woodwinds though," he grinned. Suddenly his face fell, and he looked ashamed. "Though, to be fair, I'm not quite as good as I was before ya know? It changes you."

"But yeah, I've met a couple, and I've heard of a few more." He pointed out Danny and Clare in the crowd. "Danny Tongs and Clare Green both do some smithwork, and Danny's supposed to be exceptional." He indicated Magnus over by the table. "I hear Magnus an impressive brewer, our Queen is of course a phenomenal cook. Yourself, you're a dancer. Juno," he glanced around, before nodding his head towards the changeling, "Is rumoured to be a tattoo artist. Domynik," he pointed out the fairest, "Is a talented writer as well. I'm sure there's more, but I'm still meeting people," He said with a wink.

Perry's statement caught his attention. "Stories, huh? Do share." The prospect of a good story cheered him considerably, all thoughts of his lost talent wisked away in a breath.

S
    Sasha

The Winter Dancer’s brow raised with a bewildered smirk. “Enjoyable? I guess I’ve never heard it called that before. But I assume something can be said for getting your clients off without much duration in a court room.” Her head shook a little as she shrugged with her carefree grin. The Fairest didn’t know enough about the laws other than not to break them. So helping someone who was innocent may be quite rewarding.

L’aire pulled a receipt out of her purse and wrote her number on the back and handed it to Tobias. “Sorry I don’t have any fancy business cards yet. But there’s my number if you get this performance thing off the ground.”

“Well, I’m not really musically inclined myself, so I’m generally fond of those who play any sort of instrument. Besides, what’s dancing without music.” She smiled to Tobias. When his face turned a little bleak her own face became concerned. “Well Tobias, I didn’t know you before. So, I don’t want to have a preconceived notion that you’re not ‘that good.’ I’d rather hear it for myself. Besides, if we were all perfect, we’d have nothing to strive for, right?” And nothing to live for after coming back… Her cool breath pushed encouraging words through her lips. L’aire really didn’t like to see anyone get down on themselves. She’d been in that slump too.

The Winter Fairest listened as more names had been mentioned. Her violet eyes perked a little at the mention of Danny and the whoops she made with him earlier. “I’ve met Danny, I don’t remember that about Domynik.” Which was surprising that she didn’t remember that about the handsome flowering. “The rest, I have yet to met other than Queen Rosemary.”

Her eyes turned back to the Fairest attorney and nodded to Tobias’ suggestion. “Sure, that’d be interesting.” She grinned and her ears slightly moved while she did. Perry may just answer the enjoyable question after all.

m
    magiuspendragon

"I didn't say I wans't that good," Tobias said with a chuckle. "I said...well never mind. You'll just have to make up your own mind." He grinned. "Come by the store sometime and I'll play for you," he said as he fished out a card from his pocket and handed it to the dancer.

He turned to the lawyer. "Well, sounds like we have a consensus. Story time," he said with a disproportionate ammount of cheer in his voice.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.