Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Seneschal) Session Hours 6

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

It was never a surprise to find Ariana working or reading paperwork and keeping an eye on her laptop from time to time. She was dressed in a fitted black and white designed dress that had a bit of a summer flare to it. The Lordess' copper locks were swept back in a loose hairpiece fitting for the Ventrue. Her office was set up quaint. @Conner Greyson was also in his office and not far down the hall. With the Shadow's acute hearing, not much got past him. It was the Avalon after all.

The office of the Seneschal is neat and organized. A framed picture on the wall was rather large which was probably a gift from someone, much like the necklace she wore as well as a ring on her right hand. There were a few of books on etiquette, writing and a few books on psychology. Several biographies on journalists including a book on Roxana Seberi. There were several high back chairs and an office style sofa with which could easily accommodate more than a few people. Her door was open, since she did not mind drop ins. Tonight, Ariana had been listening to music while writing plans for something on her desk.

D
    Decibelle

Politics.

No matter where she travelled, Delilah inevitably found herself having to step into the complicated maze of political infighting that so characterized the undead. In some, she was the respected elder scholar, able to slip in and out with people offering her any means of assistance. More commonly, however, she'd be judged as an ancillae, or worse, some jinxed, beastial thing. Neither mattered too much, save for the amount of time she was expected to spend within the machine, interacting, socializing with others. It was something she prefered to minimise.
    Howver, she decided adjusting the sleeve of her cuff, Sacrmento was going to have to be different. Idly, she paused for a moment, investigating her lapel, her tie, the waistcoat - oh, for the curse to end, so that she could adjust her apperance in a mirror! - until she was finally satisfied that she was perfectly groomed. From what she'd heard in advance, the Seneschal was a Daeva. That, or a Ventrue, since no others were likely to rise in politics.

As she stepped through the door, politely pulling off her fedora and holding it in front of her, it was obvious that her impeccable grooming was just a habit. Even for a Gangrel, she looked beastial. It wasn't, at least not so much, the sharpened teeth, or her slitted pupils. It was more of an impalpable demanor about her, in that pale skin, that utter stillness, the lack of breath causing her chest to rise and fall. The esteemed intellectual didn't seem to notice, however.
    "Evening, Miss Donovan. I'm Delilah, of the Gangrel. I intend to pass through the city for the next few weeks, and seek acknowledgement."

Curt, perfunct, and to the point. Hopefully, this wouldn't take too long.

A
    Ariana Donovan

The Lordess had been writing a few notes at her desk. Right before Delilah entered the office, she felt the equal beast in the hallway. Her pen did not falter, but may have pressed the paper slightly harder while she quieted the chirping of her own beast in her head. Ariana’s head turned as the woman walked into her office and she smiled at her arrival.

“Good evening Miss. I am indeed Madam Donovan, Seneschal to His Majesty, Alder Prince Clarke to the Domain of Sacramento.” Her words moved with ease as she continued in a welcoming tone. “I am also of the Clan Ventrue.” Her cobalt eyes looked over the new woman in her office noting her style and hat situated in her hands. There were a few things the Seneschal wondered, but hopefully they would be answered soon.

Ariana’s arm gestured to the chairs in front of her desk. “Please have a seat if you wish. Perhaps you could tell me where you hail from and a little more about yourself please, Miss… ?” Her head turned a little waiting for the answers from the new Gangrel in town. Despite the quick words of Delilah, Ariana’s tone was pleasant and inviting. Her arms rested over her lap in a formal, yet welcoming demeanor.

D
    Decibelle

Delilah doesn't take the seat, instead pacing slightly, her feet lightly stepping against the soft carpet. "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Donovan," she replied, glancing over at the girl in silence. Pampered, stunning, and likely someone used to the easy treatment her looks got her. When her Beast rose up in her chest, screaming at her to claw the woman's eyes out, she briefly considered indulging it and leaping across the room, imagining the damage she could inflict before she could react. It lasted only a moment, though, before she strangled it back down, locking it under chains and weights until she could no longer hear its snarl.
    Her face was expressionless, not revealing the struggle - determined not to - but she couldn't hide the slightest tension around her jaw and neck, the muscles clenching, before it passed.

Frowning, she looks over at her for a moment, folding her arms across her chest. The motion looked defensive. "Delilah." She doubted her clan needed to be stated - she hated it when they dismissed the statement, as if they already knew.
    Instead, she watched her for a moment, tongue flicking over her teeth, before briefly elaborating. "No domain. I'm here to investigate something at the University. I acknowledge the laws and traditions of this domain, as given out by the Prince, and would seek your acknowledgement."
    Now, she thought, ask me what the traditions are, acknowledge me, and we can get out of here. She'd planned out the conversation in her head previously, determined to keep it as curt as possible, but she'd misunderstood the Ventrue's love of dissembling. The sooner she was done with this, the better.

Behind them, the clock struck two, the dull reverbrayion of the gongs echoing through the office. Waiting for a response, her head lowered, and she allowed her gaze to survey the notes on the desk.

A
    Ariana Donovan

If the woman’s disposition bothered Ariana at all, the smile and expression on her face did not show it. Her voice remained pleasant and courteous as she began informing Delilah of some information. “If you know a little about our Domain, you know that we are an Invictus Domain and the use of titles is important when addressing our city officials.” She mentioned in an informative tone. “Before you can be acknowledged we will need to go over the Laws of our Domain in detail so that you are clear about how things work here begin your investigation.”

Ariana reached in her drawer and pulled out two pieces of paper. Beneath her desk also held the Regency map. She began to move her hand along the laws and in a pleasant and business manner, she began. “Let us look at the Laws of the Domain together.”

Her hand moved to guide down the side of the Laws. “We have Traditions. As long as you are upholding the Masquerade, you will not foresee an issue. You may interact with them, so long as you do not break the Masquerade. However, mortal laws will still apply if you are caught by their enforcement.” Ariana let that portion sink in and moved on.

“The next is Presentation and Acknowledgement. You are already currently meeting with myself for this However, I encourage you to meet with your Priscus Dillon Connery. I can provide you with his number as well.” Her hand slipped to the next three areas. The Lordess still brought up this point to newly arrived since sometimes they met other neonates later and could at least point them in one direction.

Personal Domain is forbidden to violate so long as they are in good standing. A Blood Hunt may only be called by myself or His Grace, Alder Prince Clarke Duke of Sacramento. If the need arises that you need to address him, please address him as His Royal Highness, Alder Prince Clark.” Her eyes looked to Delilah’s listed off Asa’s title. “His Majesty is also the only one who may grant the Right of Destruction. With this, Treason is also taken seriously as well as our customs of Etiquette.” Ariana paused a moment as he read through.

“As a matter of Inconcessus, those listed here are forbidden to feed upon. And last but not least, the point of Nota Bene.” Tapping on the final part of this list and letting the Gangrel look upon its notations.

“In addition to these laws, we have customs of the Elysia. There are four places in the Domain that serve as our Elysia’s. However, kine do still inhabit some places within. Choose your words carefully within those walls. There is to be no violence within, and unless you are a member of the Prince’s court, the gifts of blood are forbidden as well.” The Lordess pulled back slightly allowing Delilah to reread as necessary.

“I will also point you to our Kindred of Note. As you can see your Priscus is also one of our Deputies. The Herald to our Prince is also Keeper Martha Villiers. Reeve Greyson may be able to assist you as well as the Deputies of our Domain. We have our Covenant Leaders should you ever be interested and there are the Prisci.” The Lordess’ hand moved to tap on the Domain map below. “These are our Regencies some of which have a Regent. There are Racks located within each, as well as the Communal Hunting Grounds. Its Rack belongs to His Majesty. If you wish to feed from the Regencies or one of the Racks you will need to discuss this with one of them. In His Majesty’s case, either myself or Herald Villiers.” Ariana paused and looked to Delilah with a pleasant expression on her face.

“I understand that this was a lot of information at once. Please, feel free to ask questions.” Ariana offered as she waited for her reply.

D
    Decibelle

Delilah looked expressionless throughout the conversation, staring at the Seneschal and occasionally lowering her gaze to the paper as she read it, watching it in silence and sliding a gnarled, clawed finger over the sheets, flicking over them occasionally. Perhaps she lingered for a split-second longer on the notes regarding Amaranth, but it was hard to tell.
    "The laws are fine. I have no questions." Silently, she looked at Ariana, handing the paper back. Did she know of the origin of each of these laws, the tales of the noblese who created those traditions? So much history was lost to time, and now those who held the position of power seemingly had little time to care for those who maintained it.

Abruptly, a thought came to her, visible in the slight raise of her eyebrow, but she didn't speak it aloud. Instead, she watched Ariana expectantly, waiting for the Invictus to move on from tradition, and allow her the opportunity to leave.

Apologies for the shorter post, but there was little to put in there.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana nodded to the Gangrel’s response to the laws and other information. Although she wondered if there was something else Delilah needed to add.*

The Lordess wanted to assure the woman that the lines of communication were open. “If you find you do have questions, please feel free to ask.” The Seneschal smiled as she went on. “Before I continue, I would like to know what it is you may be searching for at the university? Perhaps there is someone I could find to assist you with your research and investigation.” The Lordess smiled as she offered the new woman some assistance.

Her hand raised up with an extended finger to the ceiling and she asked in a pleasant tone. “Also, if you please, what is your last name Miss?”

2 Sucks to notice expression *
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-17 23:15:43 Ariana Empathy rolls 10 to Wits+Emp+Status (10 Again) 5, 3, 7, 4, 6, 2, 1, 8, 8, 6 2 successes

D
    Decibelle

Delilah looks as if she's about to frown, but instead hands the paper back in silence, already having read and digested the information on it. Reading books is easy, compared to reading politicians. Instead, she found herself watching Ariana, her body and expression eeirily still as she listened to her drone on and on, only occasionally remembering to blink, or shift her position. A lock of the woman's hair seemed to transfix her attention for a few seconds, before she picked up again.

"I've reason to believe there's a certain tome of knowledge contained within." It took her nearly five seconds to respond to Ariana's question, time she clearly spent picking, choosing, and selecting her words. "Some history lost to time, regarding ancients who strangled their Beasts into submission with chains of iron. I'm sure I can arrange to recover it myself." The literary, poetic appellation added a dull mimicry of life to her words, contrasting unpleasantly with her demeanor.

She didn't answer the last question, either.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Herald Villiers and Grand Wyrm Heinz may have some insight for you. They are both members of the Ordo Dracul and they spend quite a bit of time researching.” Ariana politely offered to the Savage before her. For whatever reason, the woman did not seem to want to converse much beyond her own goals. Everyone was different and Ariana accepted that.

Perhaps the woman had a singular name like Dog and Dirge. The Lordess could not fault her for not providing a last name if she had none. “Since you have no problems with our Laws, I will recite our Oath to you.” The Lordess sat forward and in an official tone she spoke.

“Miss Delilah by acknowledging the Praxis of His Grace, Alder Prince Clarke Duke or Sacramento you will enter into the Oath of Loyalty of the Domain both binding in spirit as well as words. Do you swear to abide by the Praxis of His Grace; obey and respect his Laws and those Officers of the Court as he has assigned; will you contribute to the welfare of the Domain while doing nothing to disrupt the pleasantness within?” Ariana paused waiting for the first answer.

"Do you swear your loyalty and fealty to His Majesty, Alder Prince Clarke; and to those he has extended his full faith and authority to. Will his words and wishes at his command, and will you uphold his Laws and edicts to the best of your abilities?" She looked to the eyes of the Gangrel and waited for the acceptace of the Oath.

D
    Decibelle

Delilah watched Ariana in silence, as if to consider her words - and when she offered up information, she quietly removed a well-worn leather journal and flicked through some pages, quietly moving and searching for the appropriate point. When she did, she spent a few moments jotting down the names and information in a well worn hand, her brow furrowing slightly as she murmured the names under her breath. The Ordo Dracul were, quite possibly, the closest allies she could garner in the city.
    "I'll consider it," she replied, voice even.

But the Ventrue was already continuing, and Delilah quietly returned the leather journal to her jacket, grateful for how little was remaining undiscussed - the meeting was moving remarkably briskly - and listened to her words in silently, nodding once as she considered the Oath - for a moment, just a moment, before repeating it in her own, gruff - yet unmistakably elegant - words.
    "Yes, I do. I acknowledge his Praxis, firstly. Moreover, as an acknowledged Kindred of his domain," she continued, "it would be not just an honor, nor a privilege, but a sacred duty for me to follow the traditions and laws set out this evening. I will respect him for allowing me within his domain, and I will leave the domain in a far greater condition than I had before I left. These laws and traditions are sacred, historical documents, and I will not break from the burden of a thousand years of tradition."

And yet when she continued on, asking for the oath of loyalty, and fealty, Delilah's look was at first skeptical, and not even she could smother it. Quickly, it changed to one of utter disbelief, as if she considered the Ventrue in front of her to be insane, before she managed to - thankfully - correct it, and regain some semblance of herself.
    "I'm sorry. You have me confused for a member of the Invictus, Seneschal."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.