Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1206) Toren, Denizen, Raum

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

"Don't ever call Crowley's coffee 'girly' in his hearing range," Raum chuckles. "He makes nice Turkish coffee, if you want to know my opinion."

The man looks back to Toren. "Especially the order, I'd say, but it has many masks and sometimes has to be executed with an iron fist. Rules have a reason, you may like it or not. I like it better, though, when everything goes smoothly by itself and my services are not needed." He takes a sip of his iced tea. He's calm and even though his words may sound harsh, his body and face signals of relaxation.

Toren drinks the girly latte without concern from Leroy's comment. "Mmm, I'm not sure, but they've more than likely got what you're looking for."

To Raum Toren replies, "Oh I quite agree, don't worry I won't be rocking the boat. Iron, stone, whatever makes for a good foundation. Can't build on sand unless you've got sandstone. Have you been very successful with your cases, Raum, did you say you specialized in family, criminal, and business?"

"I prefer range coffee, strong as a horse kick to the testicles, darker than the heart of a probate lawyer."

"The only thing that comes from an iron fist is a damaged hand," he says to Raum. "I don't know about that if you build your home on stilts the won't be a problem, the house can remain standing and you won't lose your foundation. Too much knowledge has been lost, how will we retain our identity and prepare for the future?"

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

I wonder if iced tea is girly?

"Well, I do have an extensive knowledge on those matters, however I specialize only in one, that is business law. What I say, is that I have multi-state bar. I won't have any problem representing my client in other states where my bar is valid. Normally it demands some paperwork and time and even if you do everything right you might be refused. In some cases time makes big difference in the case's results."

'Dark heart of a probate lawyer'... Way too many movies, kiddo.

So that Toren guy is the Moros... And not so against us performing our duties. Nice to know. I like the guys who aren't hating us for no reason from the first sight. Kiddo's the Thearch, the new and eager one, judging from what he said. Jeez, neophytes...

"I think we're missing the point. Isn't a diamond the best material here? Toren, what you's say on that matter? What kind of building are you specializing in? Office buildings, science facilities?"

Toren didn't have the faintest knowledge of law aside from zoning and even less of the judicial system and so looked somewhat dismayed when the topic strayed that way. Leroy's mention of house stilts gave the Mystagogue some pause as he considered the idea but was quickly left in confusion at lost knowledge. Luckily Raum saved Toren with a question that was much more suited to his background, the relief showing plainly on his face.

"Oh diamonds are fine if you're looking for hardness, but these days you want a structure that gives a little, something flexible on a small scale. Better to bend than break, especially considering California's fault-lines. I'd gladly give up hardness for ductility. As for specialties so far it's residences. I only just got my professional license this month. Before that I was intern architect doing side projects. I did have a chance to work on a community center building, well actually a church, but I ended up having problems with the blueprints when I went to turn them in. To be honest though I love all styles of architecture, ranging from prehistoric to postmodernism. Perhaps I enjoyed building with blocks too much as a kid," he says, following with a merry laugh.

He calms himself and then asks the two gentlemen, "So, what got each of you interested in lawyering?"

"That depends on the cut of the diamond gentleman." Leroy says replying to Raum's comment which showed some veiled animosity toward one of the orders of the pentacle.

"I took a geology class in college, one of the topics we covered in class was how jewels were priced in today's market. In diamond cutting the more facets you have in your diamond, the higher the value of the diamond. The true value of diamonds arise from the nature of their flaws. Bigger flaws can bring down the value of any diamond, yet no flaws bring it down even further, but gems with the smallest flaws have the highest value. Five facets with small flaws in each one can make for a high value jewel."

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

Raum drinks his tea as the others speak. While that Toren guy seemed calm and nice to discuss with in spare time (Problem with blueprints, community center building, church... Lack of mutual agreement with Silver Ladder leaders? Or maybe even Seers trying to get him? Interesting...), that Leroy guy...

Leroy made Raum lose his relaxed demeanor. Raum knew neophytes' worth for his Order's goals, but it didn't mean he had to accept their tendency to be 'holier than thou' and to think they possess the one and only truth. Aggressive ignorant bigots, damn them all...

"You were the one worrying about lost knowledge. Isn't the diamond a symbol of the said knowledge? Isn't it better to see it clearly and perfectly? I would love to discuss it with you some time, but the basic savoir-vivre dictates to not to talk about such matters in public and without the consent of all sides of conversation," says the man, pointing out that there was the third person here.

Raum stops his rant to take a breath. Fuck. Hawwala would be so fucking proud of me. I just got trolled.

That though didn't help him get into better mood.

OOC

Toren had the feeling that a conflict was brewing beneath the polite albeit interesting words of both parties. However he had no such method of dealing with those types of matters. Instead he continued on with his portion of the discussion as if it were not a problem, trying to move the topic back to something he was more familiar with.

"Oh that is fascinating, Mr. Denizen. I've some experience understanding geology too in my materials science courses. Still, I can't imagine using it as a building material. Now carbon sheets and graphite, that's usually enough to work with. Though I hear carbon nanotubes are becoming quite the sought after engineering substance with recent advances in morphology. If you wanted to remove impurities that's certainly a way to go."

"And, yet the darker the diamond the higher the valuable. Let's keep this civil okay, we're just having a conversation about diamonds," Leroy said giving a meaningful look around as if to say don't make a scene.

Looking at Toren gratefully, "Isn't graphite like the most brittle form of carbon, I've heard that in the right condition a person could break graphite in their hands.?"

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

Did that cocky guy just repeated my words in the other way as if it was his idea? Just how arrogant can you be?

Raum finishes his tea and instinctively crumples the cardboard cup up in his hand. "If Toren's talking about what I think he's talking, as far as I understand, there are methods of changing graphite into other materials, like graphen. Recently, in 2012, discovery of the new way of creating graphen was rewarded with a Nobel Prize in physics."

Keep your mind busy, Raum, keep it busy. You don't wan't to make a scene in front of everyone... So keep your mind busy with facts. Facts are easy and indisputable.

"But I only remember things from school and newspapers, so I may be wrong. Sadly, dealing with such matters is problematic for me. I'd gladly change that."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread