Through the Looking-Glass

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus was nervous. Not so much at inviting Ahriman into his Sanctum. He'd already trusted the man with far more personal matters. But the idea of travelling into his own unconsciousness, the thought of what he might find there ... those had been enough to keep him on edge for hours. As he waits, he tries to comfort himself with the fact that Triquetra would be there with him.

Besides, this was something he needed to do.

Lesingnon Iblardora

L

Triquetra was nervous too. For much the same reasons, in much the same order. Though inviting another mage into their sanctum undoubtedly bothered her more than it did Animus. But then paranoia did come hand in hand with joining the Guardians. And she didn't even have the slightest clue how to prepare herself for venturing into someone's mind.

She'd also never been any good at sitting still when nervous, ever. So she found herself pacing while they waited for Ahriman's arrival. Back and forth, back and forth, occasionally throwing an improvised little dance step in to break up the monotony of waiting.

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

Ahriman knocked on the door and straightened himself out. He was dressed nicely but casually, with his hair slicked back. He wore sun glasses and as he waited he shifted around looking over them.

'Nice place I guess.' he thought. 'Probably majorly secure too.'
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Triquetra passes him for the umpteenth time, Animus reaches out to briefly clasp her hand. Just a soft communication that he understood. Words weren't needed.

He starts slightly at the knock on the door, before quickly ushering Ahriman in. "Do you need anything before we get started?"

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.

"Greetings might be in order." he teased lightly, before letting his face smooth over. "We probably want to eat something , go to the bathroom, drink water. Make sure you are actually able to last through the session. It might take a while to get in. Other than that I just want to go over some basics, but we can do that right before we go in. "
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.

L

"I'm good, I think...it's just like preparing for a ritual, right?" And she could always use a touch of Life magic to let herself go longer without those things if she had to. Other than that she just kept pacing. Though she did flash Animus a brief, nervous, smile at the contact.

"So...what're the basics?"

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus shrugs at the greetings jab. "Aww, c'mon, we're all friends here. Triquetra, Ahriman." A glance at each as he says their name. Maybe I'm more rattled than I thought.

Softly clasping Triquetra's hand, he starts to head towards the stairs and up to the attic. "I'm ready also. Perhaps you can start explaining on the way?" Almost as soon as they start walking, a resonance of tranquility and devotion settles over the three, seeming to suffuse much of the Snctum. The attic itself is scattered with enough odds and ends to give the impression of very diferent styles of oblation, but near the center, mats soften the floor.

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.

"The basics."

He finds the nearest place to sit and tries to explain as best he could the basics. He obviously is struggling to find the right words, and at first he seems nervous.

"Within each human soul there is a path. That path begins here." he motions around the area. "This is the concious world, we live in it, learn from it, and most of all relate to it. It feeds into our minds and creates thoughts and perceptions. Those thoughts and perceptions become symbols and meaning along your Astral Path. The whole Astral is like those plays in english class where you had to figure out how stabbing someone represented having the hots for them. " he winks. "So if your still with me... " he struggles once more. "We have dreaming, which we all do. That is the unconscious beginnings of the path, the one that those before us followed to the island of the dragons. We, as with all humans, move through a dream easily, but we can find the Astral barrier, the point that separates the dream, which is like a small pool, from the vast ocean below us. So we meditate until we find the barrier, then we pay a small fee to cross it. Once you do you are in your Oneiros... and you aren't? Your still on your path, which if you follow it far enough will lead to the Abyss. So normally, unless you want to access the deeper parts, you would walk until..." her he struggles. "Well for me its the feeling of north and south switching, so I am walking backwards while going forwards. That is when I know to step off the path because I am travelling back along the path to myself again. For others its just seeing something off the path that makes itself known. Once you step off the path your in your Oneiros. If you had traversed farther you would have come to the collective human unconscious, called the Temenos, then the collective unconscious of the world, named the Anima mundi. Beyond that I don't know, I never had a chance to travel that far. Besides, for the time being we are going to stick with Just the Oneiros..."

He pauses and looks at the others. "Questions so far?"
    Defense -5 Speed-10

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus listens attentively, information layering on top of previous conversations. "I think I understand so far, but ... how will we find each other?"

L

The Shaman's eyes screw up in her head as she does her best to sort through the words. She'd never even really understood psychology all that well in high school, let alone the Mind Arcanum after waking to the tower of the stone book. "So...we have to find a path that's a literal metaphor, follow it until we get to some barrier, pay...mana(?) to cross it, get off it by doing something that seems impossible, make sure we don't go too far, and then we're in Oneiros?"

She thought that was the basics of what he'd said, at least.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread