1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Interested Buyers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Spells cast in transit...

Aenigma stood outside of the Remax offices, preparing to meet with Ms. Hatsfield. The Warlock hoped that the woman would be able to provide them with some information regarding the individual that had bought the house, the one where the last piece of the puzzle would be found.

One last book...yet, it is the hardest one to get...

The Mystagogue turned to Miach, giving the Acanthus a reassuring smile. "Are you ready to do this?" he asked, trying to boost his partner's confidence with the smile. "It shouldn't take too long, and hopefully it won't be too difficult."

Miach

PRE

Miach stood beside Aenigma, looking with some nervousness at the office. He was good at many things, but lying was not one of them. He decided he would mostly stand by the Warlock, and let him do his stuff. When the young man asked him whether he was ready, he nodded, too vigorously to be entirely true. Was it sweat he felt in the palm of his hand ?

I'm with you.

Hopefully I won't even have to talk.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

The Warlock nodded and offered one last smile to the Acanthus before leading the way inside. Once inside, he took a moment to take a quick look around to get a sense of the place. He wasn't looking for anything in particular, but it never hurt to keep your eyes and ears open. After all, danger was sometimes found in the strangest of places.

Hmm, now all we need to do is figure out who this Ms. Hatsfield is...

Perception, 4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-12 13:38:11 Aenigma rolls 6 to Perception (Wits+Composure) to "get a feel for his surroundings" (10 Again) 10, 6, 10, 9, 1, 6, 1, 8 4 successes

m
    magiuspendragon

The two mages stepped into a busy office. Several people were situated around the room, working dilligently at computers. Several offices were set into the walls at either end, with people presumably working behind the closed doors.

A young woman at the center desk, facing the door looked up when the two entered. "Good afternoon," she said with a painfully wide smile. "Do you have an appointment?"

Aenigma noticed that there's an air of unease in the office. People are, if anything, too focused, working too hard on whatever is in front of them.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma gave the woman his most charming smile. "A good afternoon it is," said the Warlock in a pleasant tone. "My associate and I were hoping to speak with Ms. Hatsfield. We are interested in purchasing a property in the area she manages." He took a brief pause and then added, "a close friend recommended your company, said you guys were a great help when he purchased his new home!" With those words, he didn't really answer her question, which was exactly what he had wanted to do.

OOC

Miach

PRE

Miach was hmore than happy to stick to his support role. He turned to Aenigma, as if talking only to him, and ignored the woman.

Yep, Marvin was very positive indeed.

m
    magiuspendragon

"Let's see if Mrs. Hatfield has an opening today," she let her voice trail off as she pulled up some information on the computer in front of her. She looked it over for a moment before returning her gaze to Aenigma. "I'm sorry, it seems as if Mrs. Hatfield is not available today. I can set an appointment with one of our other fine real estate agents if you'd like." She sat, hands poised over the keyboard and waited for his answer.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma frowned slightly. "Bummer! We were really looking forward to speaking with her," he said to the girl, obviously disappointed by her response. "Are you sure there is no way she can fit us into her schedule today?" The Warlock put on his charming smile once more, trying to be as convincing as possible. "We don't expect to take too much of her time...we just want to ask a few simple questions," he added in a pleasant tone.

4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-13 07:44:16 Aenigma rolls 9 to Manipulation (+3 AtM) + Persuasion + SL2 to "can't you move some appointments around?" (10 Again) 8, 8, 2, 1, 4, 2, 8, 2, 8 4 successes

m
    magiuspendragon

"Well," the receptionist hedged, "I'm really not supposed to do this but..." her voice trailed off and she tapped a few keys. "She's in her office until noon, working on paperwork."

Poor receptionist
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-13 08:53:07 ST rolls 3 to Resist Aenigma's Charms (10 Again) 4, 1, 4 failure

Miach

PRE

Miach smiled at the receptionist in his most heartfelt impersonation of understanding. If eyes could speak, they would tell her "I know what it is like, worry not".

Thank you... his voice trailed off.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread