Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Case of the Missing Councilor

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

The Crime scene was remarkably clean, its as if nobody had ever set foot on the overpass yet hundreds of thousands of cars and pedestrians crossed the bridge everyday. Nothing seemed out of place it was almost as if someone had taken a picture and photo shopped it over the original. This late at night there were few cars still left on the highway, mostly patrol cars, trucks of all types, late night drivers and people up to no good. I had been working over on the other bridge that until recently the site of a not so epic battle against a new form of creature that may or may not feed upon ley line energy, like cockroaches siphoning cream from a twinkie. Partially spiritual in nature they seemed to be made of the pieces of matter they found along the way. We had driven them off though barely, and this all started because we wanted to fix the ley line that seemed to run the the middle of the river with Councilor Rosh now believed to be dead.

I came to this bridge to try and get some clues about what went down here, and where Rosh and the person helping him went too. I had no immediate plans to track down the councilors body, I merely want to get as much information possible to present to the Consilium. I plan to turn over all my findings to my own councilor the warlock, guardian Rosetta.

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

A dead Councilor is serious business, so this matter has Mike's full attention. He arrives in his hearse, now more macabre than usual, and parks it somewhere near the bridge possibly out of sight. After a short walk he sees Denizen.

The Sentinel wears his black leather gloves as usual, and folds his hands while nodding to his fellow awakened in a greeting. 'Good evening.' Mike looks around, slightly in a sad mood. 'Who else is coming?'
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Denizen gives, Mike a nod of hello, "so far its just the two of us, but hopefully more will show up later. Hopefully we won't need too much back up, and this is just a fact finding mission."

Perception of the Crime scene

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

PRE

'And how sure are you this is the place where Rosh was... abducted?' He must be, since the voices from the phone were somewhere else, and it didn't sound as if the councilor had followed the strangers peacefully.

The Sentinel follows Denizen closely, and starts casting several spells. The covert ones shouldn't look strange to sleepers. If no one is near images flow through Mike's mind and spells are being cast. 'I will try to see if I can contact Rosh himself.'

And fortunately, ghosts don't appear to sleepers either... usually. With a deep breath he grabs his bone-made-armbrace as he feels the power of the Abyss. Then he call forth a ghost from the Underworld, Rosh, if the man passed away he should be a ghost. If he was still alive the spell couldn't work, but of course that should be seen as good news.

Spells
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-10 07:16:53 Mike rolls 11 to Gno + Death to Summon the Dead (Rosh) (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 5, 10, 2, 5, 6, 5, 5, 8, 9, 5, 2 3 successes
    2012-06-10 07:16:23 Mike rolls 1 to to paradox (10 Again) 4 failure
    2012-06-10 07:16:03 Mike rolls 8 to Gno + Death to cast Grim Sight (10 Again) 9, 7, 3, 6, 4, 1, 1, 9 2 successes
    2012-06-10 07:15:37 Mike rolls 8 to Gno + Death to cast Entropic Guard (10 Again) 6, 4, 8, 5, 4, 9, 6, 3 2 successes
    2012-06-10 07:14:57 Mike rolls 8 to Gno + Death to cast Speak with the Dead (10 Again) 4, 10, 5, 5, 10, 9, 2, 1, 2, 4 3 successes
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Before closing his eyes he replies, "This was the place Rosh and Miach were going so its logical to start here. I'm going to check and see if any spirits, ghosts, or other conscious minds saw or were aware of something that happened here tonight."

Perception + sense Consciouness

m
    magiuspendragon

Mike feels a pull as if the spell is trying to pull something to the plane, but then feels the connection snap and no ghost appears.

Please roll a Wits+Occult (Ghosts)

Denizen can sense Tamwood, and the press of insects gathering a few feet away. Off where the consciousness starts is a dark patch of ants, and in the air, small flies.

Flies and ants, both eat carrion. No spirits, I should be able to sense even slumbering spirits. Did the ones to grab the councilor silence all of the local spirits, or was it something more nefarious? Denizen decided to share some of his observations. "I can sense you and a few insects off in the dark but I can't sense anything else." He wondered if Mike would understand the significance of that. May be I'm just reading too much into the situation, I'm not very familiar with spirit magic. I need to consult someone who knows more than I do.

m
    magiuspendragon

Mike Tamwood Dark Passenger , you can make that roll

MacMan You can see the insects because of the light that shines on them.

ST note: None of your spells have carried over, you may recast if you wish, please update your signature.

Sense witnesses:

Since he could see nothing with the naked eye he decides to try using his mind's eye.

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

PRE

I already recast my spells for this scene, so my signature is up to date, just have to check mana pool...

'It seems as if...' Mike tries to think what this means. His spell worked, but nothing came.

'Do you expect anything else? Perhaps fishes...' The Moros shrugs, a bit distracted by his own magic.

I'd say he is definitely specialized in ghosts :)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-12 16:58:04 Mike rolls 7 to Wits + Occult + Spec (10 Again) 2, 7, 10, 8, 10, 2, 10, 8, 6, 8 6 successes
    Played by Dark Passenger

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread