1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1206) Aenigma and Mike

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

'Ah that is good to hear. I was afraid the City had forgotten my existence.' Mike chuckles before pulling back his hand. 'It is likewise a pleasure to meet you, Aenigma.'

He leans back in his seat, making it comfortable now it appears he may sit here for a while. 'I thought, before I introduce myself to all the newer arrivals, it might be a good idea to get to know those who are in our community for a longer while.'

'If I may ask, are you a regular visitor of the museum, or more one of those guys who likes to climb the social ladder? Or...' The Moros opens his hands to Aenigma, so he could fill it in. If the man is an Arrow he would have known, and Mike has also heard about several Guardians of which none was named Aenigma.

And I'm not even sure if the Free Council still exists, since Pulp Noir abruptly left town?
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma chuckled in return to the Moros' comment. "Well, I can't speak for the rest of the city, but I'm not one that forgets things easily," he said to Mike, offering him a smile before reaching for his chai latte and taking a quick sip.

The Warlock shut his book and put it aside, for it would've been rude to continue reading when someone is clearly trying to have a conversation with him. When the Sentinel asked him about his Order affiliation, the Mystagogue smiled once more and said, "I'm actually an employee at the Museum." He took another sip from his latte before adding, "it isn't the most glamorous of jobs, but someone's got to do it, right?"

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

PRE

'Great! You see, I'm trying to get things a little bit more organized around here. A lot of things happen, and a lot of things are kept silent. Not always on purpose, but people just don't think about it to inform others. Now I'm here to remind everyone.' Mike smiles and brings his cappuccino to his lips as he pauses. First he only seems to suck off some steamed-milk foam. Then he puts his cup down again.

'But a real employee you say? That sounds interesting, and not bad if you ask me. It certainly sounds better than helping around funerals just because you've fallen into a sad cliche with the only excuse that it makes it easier to... meditate.' The chuckle makes clear that Mike has no problems with his job actually.

Meanwhile he tries to subtly look at the book Aenigma was reading, unfortunately the Moros is not a professional when it comes to subtlety. 'I guess we all do what needs to be done to pay the bills.'
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

The Mystagogue listened to the Sentinel's words, nodding in agreement. "Certainly, it is good to keep others informed about matters that concern us all," he said before taking another sip of his latte. Now, the Warlock was fully aware that there were certain things that the different Orders would keep from each other. The Guardians would probably be the most likely to keep things to themselves, but the Mysterium didn't fall far behind.

We wouldn't keep information that would threaten the Concilium private though...

Aenigma returned Mike's chuckle with one of his own, shaking his head slightly. "It doesn't sound all that bad really," he said, offering a smile. "I bet that the dead can sometimes be better company than the living. At least they don't complain as much, right?" His tone was playful as he said this, and clearly he had no real idea of what he was talking about. After all, the dead...or undead, were not really his specialty.

The title of the book was "The Ra Material: An Ancient Astronaut Speaks." It didn't take much for him to notice that the Moros was taking a quick peek at the book. "It's an interesting read," said the Mastigos in reference to the book. "I'm skeptical about a lot of the stuff they talk about, but sometimes it makes you wonder..." he let his words trail off, reaching for his cup once again.

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

PRE

'Hah, oh man,' Mike shakes his head while grinning, 'then you haven't met my ex. He keeps haunting me even in death.' Saying it as a joke doesn't make it suspicious at all. If people only knew how true it is. 'Although I think there's no point in arguing that the people you work with are usually in a better mood than the mourning families I meet.'

Although I have witnessed quite some strange things.

Mike shrugs as he cocks his head to one side to read the title. 'What kind of stuff do they talk about? I have never heard of it to be honest. The only related thing, I think, that I have heard is that the Gizeh Pyramids are built in the same line as the three middle stars of Orion?' He smiles after giving his bit of random information. With a hand gesture he seems eager to have Aenigma tell more.
    Played by Dark Passenger

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

The Warlock laughed once more, clueless as to the fact that Mike's joke had a certain degree of truth in it. "Fair enough," he said to the other Mage, offering him a smile. "I certainly can't argue against that either. For the most part, folks at the museum are a decent bunch."

Aenigma took another sip of his latte as the conversation shifted gears. "Well, it is the first book of a collection of five," he said as he grabbed the book and handed it over to the Sentinel. "The whole collection is known as 'The Law of One.' Its supposed to be a collection of transcripts of a dialogue that took place between two of the authors, one of which was allegedly channeling an extra-dimensional entity that identifies itself as Ra." The Mystagogue paused for a moment, making sure he had not lost Mike with all of that.

"It covers a variety of topics, mostly dealing with philosophical questions, spirituality, extraterrestrial life and other esoteric topics," he added after the pause, reaching for his cup again. He takes another drink from his chai latter and then clears his throat. "Yes, what you are referring to is known as the 'Orion Correlation Theory,' one that is certainly popular amongst some Egyptologists." The Mastigos took another paused and then added, "it does have its fair share of criticism though."

Suddenly, Aenigma realized he was rambling about random topics again; topics that probably didn't interest anyone else but him. "Sorry if I'm boring you with all of that," he said to Mike in an apologetic tone.

I seriously need to learn how to make small talk like a normal person...

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

PRE

Quirk does Mike's eyebrow. Aenigma hasn't lost Mike yet, he should have to try a little harder for that. The Moros mumbles softly but does not wish to interrupt, 'Extra-dimensional entity, I make that one word and instantly the word of the day...'

Mike nods to show he's still listening and drinks his cappuccino further. Then he grins, 'Oh it is an actual theory! Good to know, I have to remember that one. Everything has its criticism I'm afraid, just never stop thinking of your own and believe what you believe. About that, how do you look at the theories, does the way we open our eyes make things more realistic... such a Ra?' Ra the Exarch, lovely.

'And you are not boring me man, I might look like a brawn over brains kind of guy, but I'm not scared by an intelligent conversation. It is sad that I fucked my youth up and never really went to college, I don't have all the world's knowledge for that matter. Still, history from before the Dark Ages and after the year 2000 interests me. I believe the Ancient Egypt is pretty awesome. Between those periods, yeah, memento mori is fun and all, but slightly over the top if you ask me.' Mike shrugs, he can't talk like a professor but he's not dumb.
    Played by Dark Passenger

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma raised an eyebrow just slightly at Mike's question. "Well, it certainly gives you a different perspective on things, that's for sure," he said in regards to being Awakened. "As a matter of fact, since I...became of age, I've been devoting much of my studies to analyzing things of the sort throughout history. Ra, Moses, Budha; they are all held in high regard in their respective cultures." The Mystagogue paused for a moment, sipping on his latte once more. "Were they god-like entities? It is a likely possibility based on the myths and stories that have been told, but I like to think of it more along the lines of them being 'enlightened' in some way," he said, explaining his own theory before lowering his voice and adding, "just like you and I."

He smiled as the Sentinel made it know that he wasn't bored, giving him a nod. "Good, sometimes I worry that I ramble a bit too much," said Aenigma, letting out a soft chuckle. "The Ancient Egyptians are truly a fascinating culture. If you'd be interested in learning more, swing by the museum sometime." The Warlock gave the Moros a friendly smile before taking another sip from his drink. "We've got a few exhibits that you may enjoy."

A Moros with an interest in Ancient Egypt; that does not surprise me.

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

PRE

Mike slowly nods a few times while listening. When he speaks he still does it in a soft tone, 'An interesting theory, I wonder if anyone nowadays actually attempts to find it out. I mean, some historic and mythic figures must be like us. If the stories are true. At least they're not the kind of persons to sleep a lot.' The Sentinel gives it some more thought.

'I guess, that trying to find out if for example Jesus Christ was 'enlightened' has two options. He is not, then it doesn't matter and thus would not be worth the time and study. He is... and then you have a... crap mental arithmetic, '1979 years old entity in your backyard.' At least that is how Mike would do it, attempt to summon their ghosts.

'And trust me, if I'm bored you'll notice, all kinds of jokes escape my mouth then. A bad habit.' The Moros says that grinning, knowing how childish he can be. Like a teenager laughing at his teacher named Dick. 'Indeed I should visit the museum, I can't say why I haven't done that yet, actually. For that matter I am more brawn over brains perhaps, but knowing my own City is the least I can do. Do you give tours?'
    Played by Dark Passenger

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

"I imagine others have similar theories," said Aenigma in return. "I mean, my ego isn't big enough to claim that I am the only one that has taken a certain interest in the subject." He let out a laugh after saying that. "It would certainly be interesting to meet others who partake in similar studies. A collaborative effort would prove most fruitful no doubt," he added before taking another sip of his latte.

The Warlock gave Mike a quizzical look when he made the comment about a 1979 year old entity in his backyard. "There are certainly different ways of going about performing said research," said the Mystagogue with a smile. "Different approaches could certainly yield different results. Again, that's why a collaborative effort would probably be the best option in conducting such investigations."

Aenigma chuckled at the Sentinel's words. "Fair enough," he said to the Moros. "I am getting to know the museum like the back of my hand, so I could certainly give you a tour of the facility." He gave Mike a smile as he said this. Of course there were certain areas that were off-limits to non-Mystagogues, but he could still show the Sentinel the variety of mundane exhibits. "Just let me know ahead of time so I can make the necessary arrangements."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread