Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
(1205) Alec, John & Mrs. Rosemary

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    T
    Tyladhras

"I would be honoured to take the oath now if people do not mind my joining in. I realize that for some it can be highly personal."

Serreth bowed slightly to the others. "Apologies for the intrusion, John, was it? with a friendly smile and the extension of a massive, stoney hand. "And?" He said turning to Alec, offering a hand in turn.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Alec is lightly surprised when someone suddenly starts to speak to the Queen, however when Serreth extends his hand the Woodblood gladly tries to shake it. 'Alec Valentine, Ashen Courtier. Nice to meet you.' His own arms are slender and although lightly muscled, compared to his fellow Elemental they appear as fragile twigs.

'I most appreciate that Mrs. Rosemary, however I must ask, does the most recent Bulletin message about the Sacramento Fleamarket imply that one can only attend after having sworn a pledge?'
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

L
    LadyVictris

John looks round at the voice, then up to meet the face of the elemental who towered a full foot taller than him.

"No, no, I don't have a problem with you joining in, Mr...?"

And let's face it, even if I did, who'd argue with someone that size.

He takes the rough sandstone hand and shakes it carefully, lest the giant snap his thin fingers.

T
    Tyladhras

Serreth carefully returned the handshakes with slow, deliberate movements. He spoke in a deep voice but with a gentleness that belied his massive form.

"Serreth. Just call me Serreth. I don't have much need for my old name anymore." A broad smile crosses his large, sandstone face and his lapis eyes gleam brightly. "A pleasure to meet you both."

Serreth paused for a moment, studying the two strangers. The Woodblood had said he was autumn and Serreth could sense it faintly in his mantle. John's seemed similar but with the powerful presence of the Spring Queen nearby it was difficult to be 100% certain.

"A fellow student of the Leaden Mirror?" He said to Alec. "And you? If you don't mind my curiosity, of course." Turning back to John.

Mrs. Rosemary shook her head in response to Alec's question. "Not at all. As far as I'm aware, the market is open to all," she said with a pleasant smile. "Usually these markets are frequented by traveling merchants, so it is definitely not an event that is limited to sworn Freehold members."

With those words the Ogress turned to Serreth and John. "Well you two, if you'd like to pledge yourselves, now is the time," she said, offering them a toothy grin. The Queen gestured for Mr. Bates to approach, which the Wizened gladly did. "Mr. Bates, would you please show these gentlemen the Freehold Oath?"

"It would be my pleasure," said the Chatelaine as he then reached into one of his pockets and procured a small scroll. He unfolded the piece of paper and handed it over to John. "Just repeat those words."

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall moved to join the small group, waiting to catch Rosemary's eye.

"Room for another, Your Majesty?"

The Ogress turned to the Fairest, offering him a pleasant smile. The Spring Queen's Mantle changed slightly as he approached, a variety of sweet aromas filling the air around them. The mixture of honey and morning dew being replaced with that of exotic fruits and flowers. "Of course! But please, just call me Mrs. Rosemary, that whole 'Majesty' thing is all too formal for me," she said to the Dawn Courtier in a friendly tone. "It is good to see you back around these parts."

L
    LadyVictris

John nods as the statue - now identified as 'Serreth' - asks his question. "Yes, I'm Autumn, too. Don't think I saw you at the meeting, though."

The darkling takes the scroll from his fellow Autumn with a smile, "Thank you, Mr. Bates"

Turning his attention to the page, he quickly reads the text.

This doesn't seem too bad...follow the rules and 'don't bring danger'; guess that means keep your mouth shut around mortals and don't bring privateers home with you. No expectation that I'll lay down my life for the place, and as punishments go, banishment isn't too bad. If I ever fucked up that badly I'd probably want to skip town anyway.

John takes a deep breath and rattles off the text:

“As the four Seasons come and go, and one ruler changes for another, as is the natural way of things, we shall watch over the Freehold and shape it from the predations of the Others. In return, we ask that you shall follow the rules laid down and never bring danger our society, and in doing so, you shall find your mind stays whole and focused. Break this oath however, and you shall be banished from the land forever.”

As the Wyrd takes hold and binds his words, he feels slightly drained, but also somewhat relieved.

OOC

"Who's next?" he asks, smiling, and holding out the scroll of paper.

T
    Tyladhras

Serreth holds out a massive hand and delicately takes the scroll. "If no one else minds?"

This wasn't the first Freehold pledge he'd sworn and he cleared his mind to focus on the oath to come.

In a deep bass he speaks the pledge, slowly and clearly, putting will into the words. “As the four Seasons come and go, and one ruler changes for another, as is the natural way of things, we shall watch over the Freehold and shape it from the predations of the Others. In return, we ask that you shall follow the rules laid down and never bring danger upon our society, and in doing so, you shall find your mind stays whole and focused. Break this oath however, and you shall be banished from the land forever.”

He feels the familiar twang of the Wyrd taking hold and nods, smiling slightly.
    OOC

"Next?" He asks, carefully holding out the scroll with a moderate degree of reverence.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread