Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1205) Alec, John & Mrs. Rosemary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

"It is nice to meet you Alec," said the Ogress in a pleasant tone. "Welcome to Sacramento by the way! And please, just call me Mrs. Rosemary, there is no need for formalities." She gave the Woodblood a reassuring smile, when suddenly another Changeling approached and caught her attention.

"John of Autumn, it is a pleasure to meet you as well," said the Spring Queen, offering the Darkling a friendly smile. "I take it that you are a recent arrival as well?"

Before he could answer, the Ogress shifted a little to address both of them at the same time. "Have either of you tried the cake yet?" she asked, a toothy grin forming across her lips. "You really should get a slice before the rest of the Freehold leaves nothing but crumbs!" With those words, Mrs. Rosemary let out a lighthearted laugh, which was both pleasant and welcoming to the two newcomers.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Thank you very much, Mrs Rosemary.' Alec still sounds unsure though. 'It seems that no one in here really likes formalities, or have I only met one side of the Freehold?'

When another man joins them, Alec recognizes him and nods. 'Mr. Lapsley, good evening! We met at the Autumn meeting.' He clarifies while turning to Mrs Rosemary.

'And I haven't had a piece yet, I tried some small portions of other desserts though. It all tastes fantastic.' The Woodblood smiles, he doesn't chuckle or laugh a lot, but this smile is sincere. His eyes say enough about how pleasant the company of the Queen is. 'If you ever need help gathering products, I would love to help. Or is there a local market? I mean... it tastes so great, these aren't all mundane products right?'
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

L
    LadyVictris

John smiles as he finally places the other man.

"Oh, of course - Alex, was it? There wasn't much time to talk at the meeting, but we did swap numbers. And please - call me John. Or just Lapsley, if you know too many Johns already."

He turns to the almost motherly seeming ogre, nodding in answer, "I've practically just got here: still getting settled in. Actually, I was intending to ask about the Freehold pledge - what does it entail?"

"Well, you know how they say, 'to each their own.' I've been called Mrs. Rosemary for so long, I don't see a need to change that now," said the Spring Queen with a smile. When she was asked about her ingredients, the Ogress shook her head slightly. "A good chef never reveals her secrets." She let out a soft laugh and then added, "but I do appreciate the offer! Perhaps we can do something of the sort in the future."

Mrs. Rosemary turned her attention to the Darkling as he asked about the Freehold pledge. "Well, it entails you taking an oath in which you swear to not bring harm to the Freehold," she said and offered John a pleasant smile. "And also to obey the rules set forth by its Monarchs." She paused for a moment, looking around the room to make sure things were going smoothly. "Really, its a 'you scratch our backs and we will scratch yours' sort of deal," added the Ogress as she turned back to the Whisperwisp.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Yeah, actually Alec, I first named myself Alexander, so it has been Alex for a while. Sure we should meet again somewhere.' Alec shrugs with the story of his name. They did indeed exchange numbers, he just doesn't know what interests John.

Then the Woodblood laughs, making an apologetic gesture, 'Of course, Mrs Rosemary. Then see it as a compliment, I wouldn't dare to ask a chef's secrets.'

When the topic 'Freehold Pledge' is mentioned, Alec doubts. She is one of the Monarchs she speaks of. 'I will soon decide what to do. Of course I plan to pledge myself, but I don't want to rush things.'

L
    LadyVictris

"Sorry, Alec, must have remembered wrongly."

The darkling listens to Mrs Rosemary's explanation and nods in agreement.

That doesn't sound too bad.

"I think I'll be looking to swear in this evening."
    he says. He doesn't think any less of Alec for holding back on the decision - John knows he's jumping in with both feet a little here.

I'm just so damn tired of not having a place, and maybe swearing in'll help make here feel like home.

"So, should I do it now, or will that be part of the formalities this evening?"

"Well, I am a glad you enjoyed the cake Alec," said the Ogress with a toothy grin. "There is no need to rush about the pledging either. You should only do so if it is in your heart's desire." With those words, the Queen turned to address the Darkling who was asking about such things.

"Wonderful! If you wish to swear it now, by all means, there is no reason not to," said Mrs. Rosemary to the Whisperwisp, a friendly smile upon her lips as usual. "I hadn't planned for a formal swearing of the oath this evening, but if there are others who wish to swear as well, I'd be happy to witness their pledging as well." She took a quick look around, noticing the number of new faces as she said those words.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Oh no problem, the Woodblood reassures John. There are worse things in life... such as Thongs and Tongs.

When the Queen continues to be perfectly nice Alec cannot help but to feel comfortable again, which is of course a good thing. 'That sounds fair Mrs. Rosemary, but I expect that to be soon. I lived here as a human as well, I cannot possibly leave Sacramento a second time so soon after my arrival.' He could see why Changelings do not always tell such things about their past, but for Alec it is such a long time ago he trusts others with this information.

L
    LadyVictris

"I'd be happy to swear the pledge just now," John replies, slightly nervously.

"So, is it a 'repeat after me' sort of thing?"

God, I sound like such a newbie. But seeing as I refused to take the San Diego pledge, I've never actually done something like this before...

He slowly made his away around to where Mrs. Rosemary and a few others he didn't recognize were standing. As he reached the group he inclined a small bow to the Spring monarch. Like Spartan and Rick she'd probably wave off the formality but it was almost instinctive. He usually greeted anyone he considered worth respect that way.

"Mrs. Rosemary? A pleasure to see you again. I was hoping to speak to you but if you're busy right now I can come back later?

At least he remembered not to put a title on it this time...
    "Well, you are more than welcome to swear whenever you feel comfortable," said the Ogress to the Woodblood before turning to the Darkling. "Oh, perfect! Yes, it is quite simple actually." As she finished saying those words, she noticed Serreth's bow.

"Serreth, its a pleasure to see you as well," said the Spring Queen. "I was just about to swear in John here, but you are more than welcome to join us and observe the swearing." She paused for a moment before adding with a friendly smile, "or if you are looking to swear as well, then I'd be happy to witness the both of you pledge yourselves!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread