Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Flying High Now (Boxing)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

PRE

Although it was not very large, Ricardo's Gym usually had a decent number of people in it. However, Gallows had spoken with Ricardo and gotten him to open the gym's doors at 7:00, after its usual closing hours. The doors were only open to Gallows and his 'friends'--the mages whom Gallows had let word of this little boxing night spread to. He had put word around the Consilium that the event would be taking place tonight...'an event designed to foster inter-Order and Path relations'. Aka, a boxing tournament, and night to relax. There would probably be drinks afterwards, once Life magic had patched everyone up.

Gallows was alone in the dark gym. Only a few lights were on--particularly the ones highlighting the boxing ring. Gloves were on a shelf nearby, and Gallows had a clipboard with paper ready to prepare a bracket. All that remained to be seen was who would arrive.

OOC

Miach

PRE

Even though he was not a regular at Ricardo's Gym, Miach quite liked the place. There was an atmosphere there, of people enjoying themselves, of people boasting, sweating, cursing, and overall very much living. What's more, he needed to work out some more, if he wanted to learn of his body too. Not to talk about women, of course. So he came and went as he pleased. When he learned of the event hosted by Gallows, the doctor thought it was too perfect to miss. He wasn't sure yet whether he wanted to take part in the actual tournament or not, but he was sure he would be needed there in his mundane capacity, and that would be perfect to advertise his skills.

He had arrived rather early, and ventured past the door that was kept slightly ajar. Inside, it was mostly dark, so the Acanthus didn't notice at once the black man facing the opposite way. When he did though, he hailed him loudly.

Hey there ! Good evening ! I'm not mistaken, the boxing show is tonight, right ?

s
    shotgunlo

Hearing of a "special" boxing tournament at Ricardo's Gym, Chambitas was intrigued. True, he wasn't much of a fighter. He could throw a punch. Chambitas was realistic. This entry wouldn't be to win, but to make contacts. When they say owning your own business takes blood, sweat, and tears they weren't kidding on any of those counts. Besides, he could always cheer on the others while he iced whatever injuries he receives, right? Assuming staying conscious.

Chambitas made certain he stocked a full-sized refrigerator of beer, restocked his liquor cabinets, and his pantry with two-weeks worth of easy to prepare/easier to chew meals just to be on the safe side.

Chambitas was certain to arrive just a few minutes early so he could get a preview of the competition stretch out and warm up. As this was a special event, he didn't want to impose on the facilities more than allowing the host so came dressed in his usual workout attire of shorts, soccer jersey, and all his personal materials in a large gym bag.

The gym itself was dark, but there were a couple vehicles already in the lot and unless he was mistaken the door swayed slightly as if someone had just entered the building. Chambitas exited his vehicle and entered into the quiet building. He heard someone talking and turned in their direction where there were handily some lights on a boxing ring.

Gallows being one of the few mages he had met was instantly recognizable. The other Chambitas recognized as having encountered several times before, Chambitas was now convinced he had a supernatural nature, but never met to confirm.

"Hola, Senor Gallows. I am here and r-r-r-ready to r-r-r-rumble," Chambitas said superfluously rolling his R's, mimicking the famous ring announcer. Turning to the other ( Bigpaw ) he said, "Hola. I've seen you all over town. I think it time we were introduced. My name is Chambitas. A pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, senor."

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

Obviously also ready to rock is the Sentinel. Mike arrives dressed in his sport outfit, carrying a bag with his own boxing gloves in it. He has been to this gym only a few times, but he used to be a regular in his past. Mike has some gooood memories involving the gym, but unfortunately also some baaaad memories.

After seeing the flyer he didn't have to doubt about even a second, of course he would come. "Socialize" with fellow awakened, train his boxing skills, and who knows what else there would be to see...

'Hello everyone.' A broad smile is visible when he walks inside and sees the others. A nod, 'Gallows.' Then he turns to the others.

'I believe we haven't met yet, I'm Mike Tamwood, Sentinel, and most cheerful Moros you'll ever meet.' He chuckles before elegantly bowing to the others, clearly something he doesn't do every day but more as a joke now.

Mike, ready as ever
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Next through the door was Hourglass and she was definitely not dressed for boxing, wearing as she was a lowcut black dress with a sky-blue shawl over her shoulders and high heeled shoes. She also had over her arm a fairly large woven basket with a chequered ginham towel covering whatever was inside. With a warm smile, she joined the others.

"Good evening, all," the Enchantress said, giving Gallows a slightly wider grin than the others. "Hourglass, a pleasure to meet you all."

Miach

PRE

The red-haired Enchanter was walking toward the locker room to get changed when newcomers started hopping in the gym. One of them he recognized from many chance meetings. He turned toward Chambitas to introduce himself at last. "Name's Miach. How do you do ? Fancy actually meeting here after crossing your path so many times" did he chuckle.

They didn't have time to talk much more, when Mike Tamwood entered. Miach knew him from the Consilium, but they had never been introduced either. Would he know Four ? Hello. I'm Miach, and I don't want to meet a Sentinel in a ring. No fair. I want to box in my category: bookworms. the mystagogue replied with a soft shrug and a winkle. While no athlete, he was well built, and his frame belied his words.

Right after him was a woman he had never met, but he wished to remedy it immediatly. Miach, as those gentlemen can attest. Pleasure is mine, Hourglass. Interesting choice of a Shadow Name...

You all here to actually box ? It was clear he intended to impress the latest newcomer...

Kite walked into Ricardo’s gym, not entirely certain what to expect. Although he was dressed in what was now his usual clothes – long coat, shirt, pants, boots – he did carry a gym bag with the appropriate apparel just in case it was called for. He wasn’t planning on doing any boxing, although he was interested in learning hand-to-hand techniques. Rather, Kite figured that he would help with the healing once all the fighting was done.

After looking around for a moment, he spotted Gallows writing something down on his clipboard. There were a few people he noticed whom he didn’t recognize. However, he did notice Miach and Hourglass off to the side speaking with each other. Miach, he had met while doing rehab at another gym, and he had met Hourglass, the charming chef, briefly in the park the other day. There were also a few other people here whom he didn’t recognize.

Taking a deep breath, Kite walked towards Gallows. “Hey Gallows,” Kite started, “I’m not here to join the tournament, just to watch and learn, at least for the time being” he commented. “I also figure that I can help with the healing once all is said and done.”

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia walked into the gym, she was by no means a boxer. Sure she could fight but it wasn’t usually the punching and such. There was always too much hair pulling, scratching, and over all biting to be considered ‘boxing’ when she got down to it. That didn’t mean she wasn’t going to try, so long as she could borrow gear and didn’t have to go first.

Hey G-Mana, I know I’m a little short and skinny, but do you guys have something for the protection of a girl.” she winked, “I’m in if you do.” She grinned in her white windbreaker and snap-pants.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

The more people come the better Mike's mood becomes. If it had been a shooting contest, he probably wouldn't even come, but this is perfect. 'Hourglass, Miach, heya all! But why, I read books too, sometimes.' He chuckles after a shrug, then nods in a greeting to the last man who entered, without telling his name though.

When a fellow Arrow enters the gym Mike steps closer. 'If I wear my pink gloves I automatically hit softer,' he starts with a joke, 'otherwise I can promise to fight with one hand only.'

If Gallows is near he says to the man, 'I can also heal people when necessary. If no one knocks me out is should be alright.'
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

PRE

Gallows smiled as he saw all of the new arrivals. He hadn't been expecting a very large turnout, so it was a pleasant surprise to have so many people--even if not all of them were boxing.

"Glad to see you could all make it," he said with a look around the gym. He nodded in return to Tamwood's greeting, and grinned back at Hourglass. "I'm sure we'll appreciate the healing in just a little while," he said to Kite with another nod. "And the more the merrier," he said to Tamwood. He took another look around the gym, and checked his watch. "I think we'll wait just a bit longer, and then start putting together a bracket of everyone we've got here. Unless I'm wrong, everyone but Kite and Hourglass are fighting?" He looked at Vaeltia and laughed. "And no, we're not 'protecting' you girls," he said with a chuckle. "If anything, I think we might need some protection from you, Vae!"

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread