Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Dark Deeds) Get In My Van, I Have Bodies

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    N
    Neil Kingsley

Once the group had seperated for its purposes, Neil looked over to Chase from his seat before his laptop and said good-naturedly, "Well, Mr. Ankers... how shall we proceed?"

Vassagon

Quote Originally posted by Chrisie:
    The license plate records identify that it belongs to a 2009 Ford Crown Victoria (Police Interceptor) P71 (identified by its standard street patrol livery) and is an official (and original) law enforcement vehicle registered to the California Highway Patrol station (Office 214) at 3165 Gold Valley Drive, Rancho Cordova 95670 - tel: 916-861-1300.
    Once Tracy had finished looking over Jennifer's notes once she had accessed the DMV database, Chase took them in hand and began reading their contents aloud to Neil.

When he's finished he says, "Interesting, this may well complicate things if the vehicle belongs to a law enforcement station. There's a telephone provided, perhaps I might give them a call if there's someone still there at this hour." With a little social engineering he may well be able to discover the vehicle's fate. "Do you concur?" he asked in case Neil had other thoughts or ideas.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil heard the contents and raised his right eyebrow. "A police Crown Victoria Interceptor? A heavy work van is not a Crown Vic interceptor. I think the plate has been switched..." He drums his fingers on his leg, thinking it over and idly wondering how that was missed. "Do you feel comfortable involving the police in this?"

The Shadow sounded concerned, but Mr. Ankers seemed to be confident in himself.

"Hmm," says the Lord, considering this. "Are you fairly familiar with police procedure and protocol, Mr. Kingsley?" Chase asked. He would likely only place the call given two factors, the first being that the call be untraceable, using his own VoiP internet phone service, masking them from Automatic Number Notification. The other was that they could somehow trick the recipient on the other line to release information. And that meant convincing them that they were someone else, someone official.

N
    Neil Kingsley

"Neil smiled at the question, looking as if he was going back in time for a moment before his squinty blue eyes focused in on Chase with a nod. "I worked with the LAPD once upon a time." He didn't say exactly when, or get into his history with the police. "What would you like to know?"

It was Chase's turn to raise an eyebrow, "Indeed? I'm curious if this police station has noticed this swapped license plate first of all. Is that something that would go unnoticed since the time of this footage? Also are these vehicles usually kept locked up when they're not being used? And why would the killer choose this particular license plate? Was it to throw us off the trail or to fool any onlookers into believing he was there for police business. Whatever is the case, I wonder do think yourself capable of fooling this station into believing you're an officer looking into the status of this vehicle?" That was his true objective.

Martha Villiers

PRE

OOC: just pressing pause on this scene while some backroom stuff is sorted out
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

N
    Neil Kingsley

Dr. Kingsley leaned back in his chair for a moment, considering the questions posed to him. He knew police procedure, sure. And he could probably tell Chase what sorts of things he needed to say, if the guy had some improvisational skill. Tapping his cheek with two fingers, he replied, "I suspect they might have. It would be odd for it to be unnoticed... and the cars usually are locked up when they're not being used, but they do tend to get parked at various times on patrol as the officers make their rounds. As for my ability to trick the cop... I have to admit, I'm not the best liar. But I might be able to help someone a little more charming get by..." The scientist looked back at his partner with a thoughtful look on his face.

"As well, there's always looking to see if there have been any reports submitted on the license plate to the insurance company associated with that particular police station."
    It was amazing what the insurers knew about things. And hacking them would be a hell of a lot less dangerous than hacking a police computer.

He thought about the remainder of Chase's questions, using his knowledge of criminal behavior from his past work to try to figure out why the serial killer might do this - to throw them off, to draw attention off his van, or what? He thinks back into his investigation experience...

rolls!

Chrisie

"Hmm, yes, both are options open to us. We could attempt to glimpse the insurance records first just to gather more information. Perhaps it could even allow us a good cover if we were checking to verify a report. But how might we discern which insurance company is associated with that police station?" Chase voice his thoughts as he pulled up the web to track down any preliminary information on the police station.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil shrugged. "It may be on their website, since people make claims for auto insurance against agencies fairly routinely. Failing that, I would imagine we could simply phone and ask, and simply say it is for purposes of a claim. If they ask you for details, you can simply tell them you are going to be represented by a lawyer, who will provide particulars to the adjuster in due time."

Fairly standard stuff. Neil's driving record was good, but he'd been hit before so he had an idea how it went. Plus, who an insurer is was not private information for a police service. They'd be used to plenty of possible claims, given the number of cars most cop shops had.

"If that doesn't work we can get creative." He smiled. The Shadow's tone suggests that he really doubts such drastic measures would be necessary to figure out an auto insurer.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.