Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia ignores Denizen’s words and shortly returns to the men in contrasting colors with an iced coffee in her hand. “Hey, Aria, it’s like three bucks, I’ll get you back, kay.” ( Kelreth )she said more or less through the two men.

She flicked her eyes over them quickly, noting the shimmers surrounding each of them. “So, Father, Guy. I’m Vaeltia, or Vae, Either works fine enough. I don’t know who he...you are.” she said pointing to and then addressing the man in white.

( shotgunlo Samael Swift )
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

s
    shotgunlo

"A pleasure, Senora Vaeltia. Padre. As we are apparently among friends, you may call me Chambitas. I too am new to this community, Padre. Interesting to see so many sharing a common interest in one bookstore, no? I think I can guess how you spend your time, sir. If the community interests you, I think I have a way you can look into helping."

He hands Samael a business card. "I represent many in the community who would love a chance to work with you, Padre."

The Business Card

At this Chambitas offers a business card and the flower in his buttonhole to Vaelitia with a wolfish smile, "But your proclivities are harder to guess. Are you similarly new in town?"

Samael accepts the card, glancing at it briefly before tucking it into an inner jacket pocket. He nods at both Vae and Chambitas. "And I am Samael, though Father or Padre is just fine." He smiles as he says the last. "Elsewhere I am known as Father Sam."

Samael falls silent allowing the others to speak, content to listen.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

The young talon looked at the card, the flower and the smile. She tipped an eyebrow up as she took the card flipped it over once before tucking it into the pocket of the shirt she wore, and pondered if perhaps today should have been one of those days to go incognito or at least wear the Hat.

When she accepted the flower she returned Roman’s wolfish grin with one twice as potent, particularly because it came from a short blond woman with blue eyes. “My proclivities? And me, new to town? no. I have been here for some time now.” she sipped the blissful coffee.

At least one thing was going right today.

nimbus

s
    shotgunlo

"I am Samael?"

QuoteQuote:
    I am Sam

I am Sam
    Sam I am

That Sam-I-am
    That Sam-I-am!
    I do not like
    that Sam-I-am

Do you like
    green eggs and ham

I do not like them,
    Sam-I-am.
    I do not like
    green eggs and ham.

Would you like them
    Here or there?

I would not like them
    here or there.
    I would not like them
    anywhere.
    I do not like
    green eggs and ham.
    I do not like them,
    Sam-I-am
    Sometimes having an eidetic memory is way more trouble than it's worth,
    Chambitas pondered quietly when Samael spoke. Vaeltia's answers were even more evasive, but that smile was amazing.

"Sacramento must treat you well, then, to have stayed. What is it here that has piqued your interest?"

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

Her smile changed from predatory to one expressing copious amounts of amusement. That’s Two.

Something like that.” she said, her voice full of laughter as she place the flower behind an ear. The oddities one meets.

So Father Sam, what brings you to the bookstore, it couldn’t be the writing on the wall could it?

nimbus

Samael breaks into a genuine smile and chuckles at the chosen wording. "One could say that, yes. Though I should hope it does not bode as poorly for me as Belshazzar. Honestly, though, I came here to get to know part of the local community. I find that if I wait at the pulpit I meet much fewer people." His smile remains, adding to the light tone of the comment.

Was that an intentional reference to David, I wonder, or simply coincidence? Interesting that in that story the king praises the gods of gold and silver, brass, of bronze, iron, wood and stone and then magical writing appeared on the wall from a supernal hand. I had not contemplated the True meaning of that particular story yet. How interesting.

s
    shotgunlo

Belshazzar? The heck is he talking about?

It takes Chambitas a moment to place the reference. He recalled his younger days spent reading the Bible hoping to learn some great cosmic secret to the universe. He could still recall most of it with near-perfect clarity.

Daniel, Chapter 5.

"If I recall my Sunday School correctly, 'Thou art weighed in the balances and art found wanting.' Padre Sam?" Chambitas asks Samael. "So let's just hope the joints of our loins holds out," Chambitas states maintaining the light tone.

He takes a sip of coffee.

understanding the 'loins' bit

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

“If it offers any support, I think you’re right. If you just wait around for others to come to you nothing ever gets done. And Chamby, I’m not exactly one to go around knees knocking at the sight of something Holy.”

She raised an eyebrow in a short woman’s challenge. “For clarification though, I was just speaking of the writing on the wall.” she said making an over the shoulder thumb at the door of the building where the lettering was hidden from the eyes of those asleep.

nimbus

"Of course you were. And, yes, that is why I am here tonight. I simply found the phrasing particularly appropriate." Samael looks from Vae to Chambitas.

"It seems you know your bible stories," he says with an affable smile. "Though remember that was David's interpretation of the Supernal writing on the wall, and for the Sleeper King it was true enough. But it has always been known even by the Sleepers that the Good Book contains layers of Divine meaning. I often find that there is hidden Wisdom within the pages of both Old and New Testament for those with eyes open to See."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread