Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Ol Priest in the Park Joke

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    B
    Bean

River Bend Park was located within the Communal Hunting Grounds. The park is public, and there were many kine within it’s grounds in the hours of the evening. It was the cusp of summer a good time to relax and take in observation around the Domain.

Along the riverfront of the park, there were benches and tables in which those who wanted the scenic view may have gathered. Yet on warm and gentle nights, often they gathered elsewhere in the park.

Douglas liked to take advantage of nights like this. He had finished his work early tonight and decided a good walk in the park was what he needed. Truth be told, he was hoping he could run into another Kindred outside of one of those... 'clubs'. Doug was a Daeva that did not like to go out to bars or clubs unless he had to for business.

He watched the water and looked at what should be his prey. He had not hunted tonight, though he did not need it either. His unlifestyle didn't really require much sustenance and he was happy about that. He sniffed the air. Not that he had an exceptional sense of sense, but the river did have an odd scent. And he rarely smelled anything since his death.

He walked in front of a bench, checked to see if any mortals were in earshot, and got on his knees to make a quick prayer, propping his elbows on the seat. He muttered in a low voice that even he could barely hear.

"Thank you my God for my holy condition and thank you for showing me my place in your ineffable plan. May my prayers and predations be always acceptable in your sight and may my actions this night drive all to a more perfect understanding of your will. Amen."

He made his sign and stood up, again checking to say if anybody was around. He then began to walk around some more to hopefully find another monster to pass the night with.

I
    Irina

Taking strolls through the numerous parks of Sacramento had become something of a routine for Josephine. There was something remarkably serene about taking a moment of her Requiem to admire the beauty and the activity of night-to-night comings and going. It was pleasantly warm, the night was soothing and the scent of summer flowers in full bloom provided a nice backdrop - even if the scent of blood and disinfectant intruded on the natural perfume of roses and sunflowers.

Ah well.

One thing did make her pause in her steps though - and it was not the weaker Beast, at first. In general, the good Doctor did not see people on their knees in the park. Praying? Vomiting? ... Doing something to the bench?

As she neared the man, her Beast lashed out with the viciousness of one who was more mighty. But the Haunt thrust such pride aside, and offered a small - but inquisitive - smile to the unfamiliar Kindred.

"Good... Evening."

B
    Bean

He wanted to run. Bad. But he expected to. He was, afterall, looking for someone.

"Good evening ma'am. I'm Mr. Fischer, how are you?"

He greeted her was a smile and an extended hand. His voice was very strong and confidence and even powerful, despite his small frame. His large silver crucifix with the very small ruby red in the side of the Nazarene may have given away his faith, if the praying didn't. He wore very clean and almost formal clothes and his hair was perfectly groomed.

He definitely seemed harmless.

I
    Irina

Slowly, methodically, the Haunt studied the crucifix, his clothing and general countenance before her cool gaze rose to meet his face. She extended her hand in kind, offering a strong grasp in greeting.

"Doctor Powell," she introduced simply, and offered a politely friendly smile.

While the Haunt did not wander around assuming everyone to be a threat - she was not a paranoid lunatic - there was still a modicum of care in her demeanour. Too many fools had been dealt with by the Domain authorities lately, and the park was rather open should the conversation take a turn for the worst.

"Quite well, thank... you. And yourself...? I wander around... here quite frequently, I don't believe I've... seen you around before?"

B
    Bean

"Oh no no, I'm just settling in. So far I've met Mr Grigoriev and Ms Donovan, if you know them."

He just gently shook her hand. He wasn't really going for the gripping match, at all. After the handshake, he made a polite motion as if asking if she would like to walk with him.

"I got here from LA about... a week or so ago? Something like that. Have you been in town a long time?"

Doug didn't seem overly cautious or anything of that sort. He seemed quite happy to have found company actually. He didn't really seem to notice her scent, or if he did then it didn't bother him, mostly because he wasn't breathing through his nose. He had his Blush up, but that's all the effort he'll put forth without mortals being nearer. He had an awkward manner about him, despite his voice that was anything but.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

It doesn't take long before the new Daeva again feels a Beast stronger than his. It comes running at them at a quick pace. Suddenly it is there.

Alice feels the aggression rage through her blood. The park had been so peaceful, but who is this new Kindred? She was running, but the Harpy now slows her pace. Thanks to the Blush of Life it is visible she sweats lightly.

While looking at the man from top to toe she walks closer, before speaking she pulls her hair straight. 'Good evening Dr. Powell, sir.' a nod to them both, 'Do you mind if I take a pause while keeping you company?' A nice smile crosses her angelic face.

Alice
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

I
    Irina

Doctor Powell responded to Fischer's initial question with a simple nod. "I'm... Familiar with... them," the Haunt remarked softly, and the ghost of a smile traced her lips. She drew her hand back, and half-turned to walk with the new Kindred before the more powerful Beast hit hers.

The familiarity was only the merest passing graze, and as a result the Haunt grappled firmly with her own inner vicious nature in response.

Identifying the Harpy, the good Doctor offered a polite and sincere smile. "Good... evening, Miss Brown." She gestured to the general area they were situated in. "Not... at all," Josephine replied in acceptance of the question. As always, there was just a brief feeling that it was odd to be so informal outside of Court - although it was, of course, quite necessary.

It probably had something to do with her upbringing, with the ingrained belief that one did not ignore titles unless one was explicitly told they were able.

"How... are you tonight?" Doctor Powell asked politely.

B
    Bean

Doug felt a stronger urge to run. His foot even twitched a little and if he ever actually did sweat now a nights then he would be now. He suppressed it though as he began looking for the monster and finds the pretty little face running up to them. He blinked several times. He was attracted and repulsed by her at the same time.

He was glad they were familiar with each other. He let Dr Powell take the discussion until he had a chance to introduce himself. He nodded to her with a smile for now though, noting his silent approval at her question.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Pretty good thanks. Testing my stamina, always... funny.' Alice has no good words for it. Vampires can run longer than mortals but not forever. In her small amounts of free time the Daeva runs some times. If she's in the mood for it, she even ends up drinking a hot sweaty guy's blood.

'How are you, Dr. Powell? Aand...' she smiles to the new guy, obviously a religious man. 'who do we have the pleasure of meeting tonight? I'm Alice Brown.'
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

I
    Irina

A tiny smile tugged at one corner of her lips, and the good Doctor acknowledged the small joke with a little nod - before gesturing to the silent Kindred beside them.

"This is Mr. Fischer," she answered, assuming that Fischer was simply waiting for an introduction to be made so that he may feel more involved in the conversation.

The Haunt politely waited, to see if the newcomer himself would have anything further to say on his own behalf.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.