Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(1206) Meet & Greet IX

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

This thread (and it's subthreads) will be closing on 27th of June at 11.59pm EST
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

The moment Mike steps away from the table with Aenigma he looks around Written in Water. Is there someone else who he could speak with? Maybe someone needs to speak with him? Well, he'll see.

Now he orders a chai latte and a cappuccino, thinking about the conversation he just had. It makes him smile. Then he turns around to walk back to the table...
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

PRE

Gallows blinked. Kite seemed...distracted, if not haunted, by something. He wasn't entirely sure what, though. He obviously had not been present at the Thyrsus meeting.

"Kite, perhaps you could help me out here," he said carefully. "I wasn't at the meeting, and...well, I wouldn't want to make any judgments without some first hand knowledge. What exactly happened?" He was going to listen very carefully. If Kite was looking for Consilium officers, then it sounded like he was considering doing something Official. Perhaps something with legal consequences. And, as a former Lictor, Gallows had a vested interest in making sure the newest prospective recruit for the Catalyst didn't do anything too legally ill-advised.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia walked over to Gallows and Kite. “Hey, fancy seeing you two here. I’m just about to head home, bu---sorry for interrupting.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

k
    kimura

Returning to the Written walked the young Thrysus dressed in a pair of shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers her hair pulled back into a simply ponytail as she removed her sunglasses and looking around a moment before pulling out a small case to retrieve a pair of reading glasses as they settle onto her nose taking a glance about before heading more inside the building not sure what she was looking for but would know it when she found it she was sure of.

After a short while staring into the distance, Kite shakes himself back to the present. He grimaces in embarrassment, even blushing a little. “Sorry,” Kite apologizes to both his friends, “bad memories…” he explains with a frown.

Looking towards Gallows and Vaeltia, he begins to quietly explain. “At the meeting several months ago, I was one of five people at the meeting in the middle of a forest: Triquetra, Animus, Alfar, Idun and myself” he started. “Triqueta, the Thrysus Councilor and member of the Guardians, handled the meeting.” For a moment, Kite looked away. “I was going through some very serious nightmares back then, and was suffering from intense fatigue as a result.” Kite looked back at Gallows with an unusually severe look. “At one point I dozed – which was my responsibility I'll admit – only to find Alfar assaulting me in a… well… a lewd manner.”

Kite gritted his teeth involuntarily, and needed to take a few seconds to calm down. “That was bad enough. But it got substantially worse when Triquetra then promoted Alfar to the position of Provost.” Kite nods his head in dismay. “I could take that, but the decision took me aback - probably put me in a state of shock for a second - and I looked at Triquetra incredulously, I'm certain.” Kite suddenly developed a thoughtful look. “I think I also said ‘Beg Pardon?’” he reminisces. “I do remember that I asked for clarification, to make absolutely sure that I had heard everything correctly… I mean, the one person who assaulted me, bullied me even – someone who had entered Sacramento maybe a week before, a complete stranger no less – was the one Triquetra decided to promote.” He looked at Gallows in sheer incredulity. "I wouldn't normally care about who was or wasn't Provost, but I was - and am - very worried about having such a person in a position of authority over me." Kite’s face contorted in anger, in an almost exaggerated frown. “Animus, when he saw my look of shock, summarily declared that I was scrutinizing Triquetra, stripped me of my status, and threatened to execute me as a Seer… much to Triqetra’s delight.”

Agitated, Kite takes several long gulps of coffee. “I didn’t scrutinize anyone. Animus knew it. Triquetra knew it.” With his angry visage still intact, Kite turned back to Gallows and Vaeltia. “This is a matter of honor. The two of them are corrupt liars – not just Animus, Triquetra knew she wasn’t scrutinized - and I simply can’t let that stand…”

ooc

Leroy walks out of Written in Water feeling satisfied about his exchanges with Raum and Toren. He hoped Raum didn't hold grudges.

PRE

Gallows prided himself on his poker face. Still, he had to admit that he took a few breaths before allowing himself to visibly or audibly respond to Kite.

"First," he said, quietly, "You need to be sure to keep your voice down. Please do not saying anything like this in public, not right now. What you just said would be considered grounds for a Duel Arcana if either the Heirarch or Councilor Triquetra were to overhear it and take offense." He had visited Consiliums where speaking like that about the Heirarch could get you killed, actually--he didn't suspect that Animus would be that sort. Then again, the image he had built up of Animus didn't fit that well with the story Kite had told either. Gallows really didn't know the Heirarch that well, after all.

"Second," he said, "I think you and I need to have a talk. You know I used to be a Lictor. I think that if you are going to take any action, we should discuss it first. If you go to the Councilors and other officers of the Consilium and speak to them like you just did with me, things are not going to go well. I agree that, from the sound of it, the Heirarch overreacted. But you have to pursue this properly, or you're just going to cause more damage."

He looked up and saw Vaeltia, after hearing her greeting. "Hey, Vaeltia," he said with a friendly smile. "How are you?"

Samael detaches himself from his conversation and drifts back to the room at large. Realizing he hasn't yet had a chance to grab something to drink he heads to the cafe counter and orders a latte. Thanking the barista he accepts his cup and looks for a place to sit.

After some consultations between the STs we have decided to grant this thread additional time, it shall now close on July 6th at 11.59 pm EST.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread