41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Seeing the Sites

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    D
    Decibelle

Spotting Degnar's mood.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-01 01:35:21 Black Jessica rolls 3 to Detect Mood (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 8, 8, 8 3 successes

Jessica shakes like a leaf in Jezebel's grip, her eyes quickly darting from side to side, scanning the street beside them as she struggles to think clearly for a moment - and Degnar's sudden approach and words didn't help, exactly. Shaking, she starts letting words loose in a panicked tumble, wrapping her arms around Jezebel and clinging to her, as if she offers the only hope of safety for the next half-hour.
    "I was in my hollow," she explains, words coming in a tumultuous tumble, "and it was late, and I'd been sleeping. It's - well - I slept, because I'd been up all night, working on things in the graveyard. And I was tired, and wasn't thinking too straight..."
    She trailed off for a moment, lifting her gaze from Jezebel's shoulder and sniffling, once, as she tried to pick up her story again. "So, I slept. I don't know how long. I was dreaming for a while, and I dreamt about the place, and I think it attraced Him. Because He was there. Just..."

Eventually, she breaks under the strain of the recount, and starts sobbing desperately. "I'm sorry. Don't hate me - I was scared, and I was told that this was a place to come to be safe, and I didn't know what to do, and I'm scared he's going to follow. I don't - don't hate me." Slowly, she stops, lifting her head to look at L'aire. "What are we doing? Are we running?"

D
    Duvainor

Oh, god. She's hugging me. What am I supposed to do now? I'm not good at the whole hugs-and-sympathy thing.

Jezebel tensed slightly, then forced herself to relax and hesitantly put an arm around the gravewight. That was what you were supposed to do in situations like this, right? It made them feel like you were protecting them, or something. It was painfully obvious even to her that the girl was terrified, and knew she'd felt the same way herslf at times, but trying to recall what it had been like, and what she'd wished for to make her feel better, was like grasping at smog. The memories seemed to hover on the edge of perception, but slipped and oozed away whenever she tried to drag them out to examine. Even the mention of the girl's Keeper didn't elict more than a sharp *click-hissssss* of a sharply intaken breath and a shudder of revolted surprise.

"Right. Okay. Shit."

This is way above my pay grade.

"No-one hates you. And we ain't ditching you either, if you're worried about that. Now - you're sure it wasn't just a nightmare? Or - " Jezebel glanced around, lowering her voice in case any passing Mortals happened to overhear. "A hob or something that busted into your Hollow? 'Cause if it is what you say it is, we're gonna need to tell Summer about this."

She looked up at the others. "Either way, right now, my vote goes for bailing. She fiddled nervously with the pipes and valves of her mask. "I don't reckon anyone here's thick enough to pick a fight with one of Them."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Mood? What Mood?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-01 22:29:34 Degnar rolls 6 to Composure+Subterfuge+1 (Winter Mantle) to "poker face" (10 Again) 4, 9, 8, 6, 7, 10, 9 4 successes

Degnar listened to the Darkling girl's explanation, remaining quiet as she spoke, followed by Jezebel. The Archer's expression remaining neutral during the whole exchange, not hinting at what he may be thinking at that moment. Once the Blightbent had tried comforting the girl, he took a quick look around the street before returning his attention to the group.

"We shouldn't be talking about any of this out here," said the Tunnelgrub in his usual monotone voice. "Due to these most recent circumstances, we will have to call a rain check on the rest of the tour." With those words, he fixed his gaze on Jessica for a moment before turning back to lead the group elsewhere.

"If anyone has any suggestions of where to go," he said with his back towards the group. "The Four Seasons is out of the question."

OOC

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Agreed.” the Fairest said with a curt nod. “I’d say the Sun Banisher might be a good call... as for locations, normally I would offer the Library but that’s not going to work I don’t want anything that might be chasing her near my stomping grounds.

Particularly with the children.

S
    Sasha

L'aire nodded to Dominyk. "Yes, Harvey would be helpful. Unfortunately I'm fairly new in town and wouldn't know where to point you." The whole damn reason I was on this tour to begin with.

The Winter Dancer honestly didn't know what to do with the woman. Her expression kept a look of unknowing about the Freehold, but her thoughts were otherwise. "And yeah, we should all probably head out of the vicinity if whatever it is isn't far behind." The Fairest agreed with Degnar and Jezebel.

D
    Decibelle

My bad about that! Completely forgot about the modifier Hardened Mask added.

Inhaling, then exhaling, Jessica's gnarled hands finally let go of Jezebel's forearms, and her head slowly slid up so that she could watch the group make plans. It was comforting to see it happen. And Jezebel was worried about her.
    A small smile slipped on her lips at that realization, and she replied in a low whisper. "I have nightmares. Sometimes. But... this wasn't one." She paused for a moment, brow frowning. "I mean, I don't think anything else could look like Him, b-but... I mean, I don't - we'll be okay, right?"
    No. She'd definitely seen Him. He was just trying to confuse her.

Letting the rest of their motley converse, she stuck close to Jezebel and Dominyk, unwilling to step too far from either of them. No, indeed. Stepping away from them would mean that they'd be further when her Keeper came. Meaning she'd be alone for a split-second in case of trouble, and...
    She sniffled once, trying to hold back a wave of tears at the thought, and wrapped her arms around her chest, as if to hug herself. Occasionally, a muted apology escapes her lips, floating through the conversation.

As the changelings attempt to comfort the obviously distressed young woman, they may notice an impossibly tall shape approaching. As the frightening figure draws nearer, they can see that he has a deathly pallor and two inky wells instead of eyes. Jessica feels a cold sensation of horror grip her insides as she watches her Keeper approach.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

As he noticed the dark towering figure, Degnar did his best to remain composed under the circumstances. Whether the Darkling was actually afraid by the sight of the dreadful creature, remained a mystery to everyone around him. His face didn't even twitch, as the Tunnelgrub's expression remained the same as before.

Dammit.

He knew that he could just vanish from their sight, leaving everyone behind and ensuring his own safety. It was an easy solution, and it was Winter's way to hide. However, Degnar didn't feel too comfortable leaving L'aire or Dominyk behind, for they too were of the Silent Arrow. While the Onyx Court may not be known for its solidarity, at least not in the way the Crimson are known, the Archer of the Lonely March was not gonna leave the pair of Fairest behind.

"Don't move a muscle," he whispered to L'aire, who happened to be the closest to him. She also happened to be a Dancer, who didn't seem capable of standing still...so perhaps the advice was wasted on the violet-eyed Fairest.

Now we wait, until we get a chance to run.

Degnar knew that they wouldn't be able to outrun one of Them, but to be perfectly honest, they didn't have to. All they had to do was run faster than that which He seeked.

I ain't never scared! At least as far as you can tell...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-03 10:46:59 Degnar rolls 10 to Composure+Subterfuge+2 (Mantle 1 & 3 benefits) to "sure, that's a True Fae...but I'm cool" (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 10, 4, 10, 9, 10, 9, 9, 3, 8, 9, 6, 7 8 successes

S
    Selena

Oh this is just fucking great. L'aire's violet eyes watched the figure approach. Not only was the Saturday's fun outing tossed around, now someone brought it to this Freehold.

The Dancer didn't even nod to Degnar, but instantly stopped any motion she had. She could feel her own cool breath within her nostrils as she watched what was coming. She was always capable of no motion, she didn't want to. But it was one way to hide, and she remembered hiding from her own keeper this way. She was angry that she had to as it was.

On the other hand, the Winter Fairest was ready to run at the word go.

I should have left with Dorian and Irea. Fuck.

Perfect Stillness

The appearance of the tall figure sends a spike of fear through the tall fairest. There was something about beings that were just wrong, like he could feel them in his bones, but his own expression didn’t change, except to become more distant.

His own push to run, was suddenly intensified, but he stood in his own casual way, the thoughts of a split now fully in the forefront of his mind. The ghost had said that he was following her, and here he was.

4suxx, -1wp
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-03 12:14:35 Dominyk rolls 10 to Pokerface. (Composure + Subterfuge + 2 (Mantle 1 & 3 Benefits)) (9 Again, WillPower) 5, 10, 4, 5, 8, 6, 9, 2, 7, 3, 10, 3, 6 4 successes
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread