Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Reeve) Office Hours 10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    C
    Conner Greyson

This Scene is open for anyone who wants or needs to stop in and see Conner for some reason

Another night, and again Conner sits behind his desk. In his hands he holds a length of rope approximately a foot long. Conner practices tying different knots as he waits to see if he will be bothered visited by anyone this evening.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was on a mission. Luckily she didn't have to stray too far from her Chamber to accomplish her project.

Having taken every possible precaution by use of electronics and mystical Auspex might, she was confident in the security.

With Dillon's ( Wolven Pryde ) strong and reassuring presence close by, tiny Martha approached the Reeve's chamber.

Under one arm she holds a long dark varnished and carefully crafted wooden box.

Her cane in her other cotton gloved hand, she smiles shyly to Dillon as she hobbled to the door of the Chamber.

Martha is attired in her standard and modest English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears the usual long gymslip which shows her legs to mid calf...her very, very long dark ebony hair is tied by neat red ribbon bows into twin tails.

Her C-leg is put to use too. Martha's outfit is rounded out with a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished Oxford pattern shoes, a crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly under her gymslip.

Having added extra lavender scent and used extra lavender soap. She wanted to make a good impression.

Approaching the chamber, she paused, offered a shy smile again to Dillon and knocked at the door.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner raises an eyebrow as he stands, seeing Martha with a box under her arm, "Herald Villiers, do come in." Conner said.

He takes stock of the woman and verifies thatthere is nothing out of order in the situation.

"How may I help you Herald Villiers?" Conner asked.

Martha Villiers

PRE

A respectful nod is offered and a smile. Careful to carry the long box with respect too, she limps into the chamber. Dipping a small curtsy. Spying the length of rope with interest she tries to deduce the type of knot the Reeve is working on before offering another happy smile while hoping that Deputy Connery has followed her in.

"Thank you, Reeve Greyson. I am grateful to you for your time and I shall, therefore, be brief: I am here to fulfill a mission, sir. I offered to help Mr Kingsley. You see, sir, he wished to present you a gift and a letter." a gentle and happy smile is offered. "This box, sir, as you will no doubt have surmised, is the gift. I have in my pocket the letter!" she chirps. "Be assured, Reeve, I have scrutinized the contents and the box and there is no booby-trap or other device or engine that may cause you harm." she nods respectfully.

"With your permission, Reeve, please may I present you Mr Kingsley's gift?" she carefully hooks the handle of her cane into the waist belt of her gymslip and is then free to move the long box into a more sensible position. The box being almost four feet in length and two or so feet wide with no more than eight inches of depth. It is an elegant box and, to judge by even the petite Herald's strength, it seems to be more cumbersome to her than actually heavy.

Another gentle smile is offered.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner raised an eyebrow. His left eyebrow...

He was unsure what to make of this. Some kind of butter up for tenancy? Or perhaps wanting employment? Conner thought for another moment before nodding to Martha. "Of Course Herald Villers," Conner says with a polite nod of his head, gesturing to the desk for her to set down the box.

But could he Trust Martha, was this some kind of ploy... a trap to have him replaced. Or to replace him as Priscus... Hmm...

"So you are aware of what is in the box?" Conner asked "And in the Letter?"

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon slips in with Martha only if his boss does not object, pressing the door closed lightly behind them and remaining silent. He could stand quietly until needed on either side of the door, for that matter. But in any case, he doesn't interrupt.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles as she senses Dillon close by. Turning to nod to acknowledge him and then nodding happily to Conner.

"Oh, indeed, Reeve! There is nothing to fear from either, sir! In fact, as you will see when opened, my offer of helping Mr Kingsley with be apparent!" another happy smile as she carefully rests the box down on the desk. "I believe it is a gift honestly meant and offered with the best of intentions." she nods and, taking care to show that she is accepting the immediate and personal risk of it being a booby-trap, she carefully opens the box to face her and then, when it is obvious nothing detonates, she gently turns the box with great care to show the contents to Conner with a respectful nod.

There are two bladed weapons within. Both are of obviously high quality of manufacture. There is a rapier of average length for a man of Conner's approximate height as judged by Neil in their prior meetings. The hilt is stylized thus: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs7/i/200...pire_Stock.jpg

The rapier is all sleek lines and beautiful workmanship and is made of fine folded steel. The handle, however, is white. The second weapon within is a parrying dagger: also of folded steel for greater durability. The curved hilt is designed to catch blades. This weapon is exceptional for defence when wielded in the offhand.

http://www.darksword-armory.com/imag...ing-dagger.jpg

These weapons are both quite expensive and exceptional specimens. Both are highly polished and sharpened to perfection.

From her inside blazer pocket Martha takes an envelope and carefully hands it to Conner too. If opened the letter within will read thus:

"Meister Greyson, Reeve of Sacramento, Priscus of Shadows, and Co-Regent of Florin:

It is with the greatest of respect that I write to you to request your sponsorship of my petition to become a member of the First Estate. I have thought hard on this choice since first we spoke of it shortly after my arrival in Sacramento. It would be a true honor to serve the Invictus.

I have some skills in forensic analysis, investigations and our Clan's discipline that I offer in service to the Covenant. I hope that they may be tested, and found to be of use to you and the First Estate.

I understand you to be a master of many weapons. I enclose with this letter a humble gift; a rapier and parrying dagger, crafted of durable, folded steel. I hope their strength and finesse will serve you well in evenings to come.

Yours faithfully,

Mister Neil Kingsley"

Martha falls silent as she lets Conner inspect the gifts and letter. Hands held behind her back and a quiet and studious look about her. Almost as if she were an eager pupil before a head prefect.

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner inspects neither, instead he bows his head politely to the Herald, "Thank you for delivering these to me Herald Villiers, I will inspect them at my earliest convenience." Conner states. His eyes shifting to Dillon and then back to Martha.

"To inform you of another matter, Deputy Grigoriev is working with Doctor Powell, Doctor Swift and Mister Heinz on his investigation. I have great faith in their bringing this to a successful resolution."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods at this. "I see! Thank you, Reeve, for keeping me informed. With investigators of their calibre, I share your confidence in a successful outcome." she nods and takes a few steps back.

She offers Conner a gentle smile as she adds, "Well, with that splendid development, I have nothing further to trouble you with, sir, and, if you wish, I shall now leave you to your work." she nods again.

C
    Conner Greyson

"Thank you Herald Villiers." Conner gives a nod to the petite woman.

"Deputy Connery, when you have finished your duties with the Herald, I will need a moment of your time. At your earliest convenience." Conner states to his deputy.

"Good evening Herald Villiers." Conner again is polite in his tone. Once the herald and her guardian leave the Reeve sits down and goes back to work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.