Neil Kingsley placed a telephone call to Martha Villiers, hoping he could get in touch with the Herald. He had the gift, he had written the letter; it was time to stand and deliver, and pray the Reeve would think well of his efforts.

At the rear entrance to the Avalon, Martha was outside hidden in the recess of a doorway. Cane clutched to her chest, peering into the darkness and Obfuscated. Watching. Waiting.

Neil arrived in his Z4, parking and sending the Herald a quick text to let her know he had arrived. He was wearing an expensive-looking black suit with a white shirt and a complimentary, patterned tie. While he waited, he opened the trunk and pulled out a beautiful leather case, placing it on top of the gorgeous sports cars' trunk. An envelope was placed on top.

Anxious, lest it be a trap of some sort, Martha waited. Watched.

Trying to determine if Neil was Neil and that all was well.

At the next opportunity, she broke cover when he next looked away. Using her cane to help her make her way over to join him. A shy smile. "Good evening, sir!" she offered.

Neil grinned as he saw Miss Villiers. It was all Kingsley. "Good evening, Miss Villiers," he greeted. When she got close, he spoke quietly and said, "Thank you very much for doing this for me, ma'am... would you care to see?" He motioned to the beautiful leather case. It seemed that no holds were barred when it came to selecting the right gift and presentation.

Wary and cautious, Martha approaches. Not too close. A gentle smile is offered as she carefully nods. "Yes, please, sir. I should very much wish to see the gift." a nod indicates that she hopes Neil will open the gift.

As a former cop he'd know it's standard procedure to invite a suspect to open their own package...as a precaution against booby traps. Maybe Martha is adopting the same protocol?

Neil nodded, and opened it, leaning the case forward for her to see inside. He also opened the envelope, and produced a piece of fine paper, offering both for her inspection.

She carefully inspects the letter and the contents of the box. Respectfully nodding to Neil.

"I see, sir...well...all seems to be in order." a gentle smile.

All the same. She'll be checking the box for listening devices and route log traces soon enough...once in private.

She lets Neil close the items away and stands ready to receive the box with a dignity.

With a bow of his head, Neil closes the box, places the letter inside its envelope, and hands both to Martha. "Thank you, Miss Villiers." He bowed his head to her in gratitude. He offers the Herald a small, very genuine smile.

"You are very welcome, sir. I shall ensure the gentleman receives his gift. Thank you!" she smiles a genuine smile too. Hooking her cane under an arm, she accepts the box carefully.