Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1205) Ciara and Daedalus

Daedalus gripped his cane hard, steadying himself as a remarkably potent Beast approached. His own eyeless animal urged him to flee, to turn tail before the jaws of this superior predator. But he would have none of it. He raised his head, his good eye squinting at the blurred figure of the approaching women.

"Good evening, Madame Maskelyne" replied the low and quiet voice, seemingly devoid of emotion "I am Daedalus Vathek, a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He finished with a gesture that was deeper than a nod but not as low as a bow, in her general direction.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara takes a moment, studying the man as he grips at his cane. For a moment, she is reminded of the Herald and the way Martha would sometimes use a cane as well. But they were two completely separate devices, and with the odd condition of the man's eyes, she quickly understood the physical ailment that this man suffered was quite different from that of the Keeper's.

Still, she couldn't help but feel as if the man were staring at her, even though he did not look directly at her. It was a most... disconcerting feeling, like watching a movie where the dialog and the motion of the actor's lips are out of sync. Yet, Ciara was used to being stared at, and the discomfort was one that she quickly grew accustomed to. She keeps the welcoming smile on her lips, offering Daedalus a gently nod in return.*

A pleasure to meet you as well, Mr Vathek. Tell me, are you new to the Domain? I do not recall seeing you before tonight...
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Daedalus nodded, before quietly explaining "I have only been in Sacramento a few nights now, Madame Maskelyne, and have only spoken with a few officals so far."

He straightened his back slightly, curious as to why such a potent Beast had singled him out shortly after entering this place. He did not recall the name Maskelyne from his Acknowledgment, but that only precluded domain officials. It was quite possible she held a position of note within one of the covenants, perhaps even his own.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara watches as the man tenses up, having to repress a playful smile. Oh dear, I seem to have frightened the poor boy... She thinks to herself, nodding her head softly at Daedalus' answer.* So you have been Acknowledged? Forgive me my over-eagerness then. With so many of the city's officials already engaged tonight, I thought I might help out with those unannounced with in the city...

*She takes an unconscious half-step backwards, giving the man a little more distance between them.* I hope you are finding the city pleasant enough, Mr Vathek. What brings you to Sacreamento, if I may ask?
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

"That is most considerate of you, Madame Maskelyne" stated the quiet voice "Do you often assist in Acknowledgments?"

The Morlock paused for a moment as he considered his reply. He had visited but a few locations, and seen even less of what this city had to offer. But the Kindred he had spoken with, including his current company, were certainly pleasant. "Yes, it seems like I will enjoy my stay here. My Work with the Ordo Dracul has kept me in transit for sometime now, Madame Maskelyne. Sacramento was simply the next city in my path." He explained quietly. He had heard the Sacramento was a decent enough city, for an Invictus domain, but his arrival had been more a matter of geography than any special interest in the area.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Not often, but I have found myself pulled into them before... *She answers with amusement in her voice. She still remembered the Herald and her myriad of charts...

When Daedalus mentions being a member of the Dragons, she nods her head softly.* There certainly seems to be more members of the Ordo Dracul coming to our city of late. You will wish to speak with Herald Villiers or Grand Wyrm Heinz; they are the two Kindred of your order that have been here in Sacramento the longest.

*She cocks her head to the side, studying the blind Kindred for a moment before continuing.* You say the Ordo keeps you on the move. Do you anticipate your stay here in Sacramento to be a limited one, Mr Vathek?

The Haunt simply nodded, his nature as taciturn as usual. He had never been much of a conversationalist. It was less of a councious choice, and more out of lack of practise. That, and a thorough desire to avoid putting his foot in his mouth. It was not long before he had learnt to hate the taste of his own toes.

"It is likely that I will be remaining in this city for some time, Madame Maskelyne, travel has become increasingly difficult as of late." He explained quietly.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*A man of few words it seems... Ciara thinks to herself. It was not a negative reaction, simply an observation about Daedalus. She nods her head at the answer, getting the impression the recently-arrived Kindred was not one for long conversations. She keeps her voice pleasant as she speaks, the same soft smile on her lips.* A sad truth about traveling these nights I am afraid, Mr Vathek.

I do not wish to monopolize your evening; I am sure there are others you wish to speak with tonight. Allow me to say welcome to Sacramento, and I hope you find a comfortable place here in Prince Clarke's Domain...

The Haunt nodded, his lips forming a very slight smile. The expression was minimalistic, but noticeable.

"Thank you, Madame Maskelyne. Our conversation has been brief, but quite pleasant. I hope you will you enjoy the rest of your evening" he stated quietly, bowing his head slightly as he finished.

In truth, Daedalus was a little sad that the conversation ended where it did. He did quite enjoy talking to his fellow Kindred, he just had so little to say. His requiem had been a short and bloody affair, one which likely paled in both scope and deed when compared to those around him, and my life prior...
    He discarded the thought. He was here to be social, not to mope around, drowning in self pity.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara returns the nod.* Pleasant, indeed Mr Vathek. Hopefully we will have a chance to speak again. Good luck here in Sacramento. *One last flash of her soft smile, and the tall Ventrue slips away from Daedalus; intent on trying to hunt down someone specific before the evening is out.*

Closed Thread