Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon is already smirking a bit when Josephine approaches, but it brightens to a smile when she greets him. Brightens, and grows more lopsided. "Good evening, Paladin Powell." It seemed only fair to use her Kindred title as well, even if he considered 'Doctor' just as impressive. "You look excellent in that dress, if I may say so."

It seemed a good word for the Gangrel to settle on, implying beauty in both a feminine way, and a physically powerful one. Both suited the Haunt very well. The smell she brought with her always stirred strange memories, but it hardly offended his senses. And the familiarity of her Beast brought only the slightest growl from his own. Barely more than an 'Oh, it's you'.

Sneaking a few looks toward the closed offices, and noting the absence of several of the usual officials, Dillon is wondering about the eventfulness of the night as well. He wonders if there's yet another trouble-making newcomer getting a sentence passed down this early in the night. "Reckon we've missed something already?"
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

I
    Irina

"Thank you," the Haunt responded graciously. With a faint grin, she added a vaguely self-effacing, "I'm informed that when it comes to fashion, one should choose a colour that brings out their best features." She gestured to herself in general. "I'm not entirely certain if green brings out 'dead' properly, but if you think it's excellent then something clearly worked."

It felt good to be able to just make a light joke of herself now and then, instead of being another sad Nosferatu who bemoaned their blood, where none could see their shame.

The Paladin half-turned, searching out the closed door of the office with ease. "Hm, Bishop Grigoriev was called inside a short while ago. I'm sure we'll find out what's going on soon enough."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon catches himself in the middle of a completely involuntary chuckle. Josephine can really be hilarious when she wants to. "I hardly think dead is your best feature, Doctor. But you certainly wear that well, too." Surely only a vampire would offer that compliment. You make a great-looking dead chick is probably not the best way to pick up kine. Even the goths.

Of course, Dillon isn't trying to 'pick up' Josephine, either. But everyone likes being told they look nice, whether they'll admit it or not.

Nodding at her assessment of the situation, the Deputy adds, "I suppose if it were something terribly urgent, we would know about it already. Though I can't help but be curious. We'll just have to entertain each other to pass the time, until we get the scoop."

Wait, does it still sound like I'm hitting on her? Oops...
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

I
    Irina

The good Doctor may have been prone to missing some amusing social cues, but on this occasion the bizarre turn that the conversation had taken was not lost on her. There came a point in ones Requiem when it was necessary to shrug, and make light of a weird situation, instead of whining about it.

Besides, the company was good; and it was pleasant to put aside "shop talk" for a change.

"Curiosity killed the...cat, I think. In our case though, we shouldn't...have too much to worry about."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"Yeah," Dillon begins with a perfect deadpan. "I usually turn into a dog, not a cat."

It's just a joke on how curiosity hasn't managed to kill him, yet; rather than a bragging statement on his Gangrel abilities. Though, curiosity has certainly taken a few nasty shots at him, in the past. The whole subject only threatens to bring to the forefront of his mind what may or may not have happened to his Sire, so he changes topics.

"On the other hand, no one ever accused the Danse Macabre of being boring." Monotonous in its struggle, sometimes, but definitely not boring. "An not necessarily in a bad way, either. The last Formal Court we had was a pretty good example of that. I honestly enjoyed myself, and the outfits everyone put together.

"And I never got the chance to ask you if you were a C.S. Lewis fan, or what it was that made you settle on that particular costume you chose."

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

I
    Irina

Clearly, on this occasion the Haunt had got the joke and she responded with a short but quick laugh. The dry humour suited her quite well; as did having a more open personality!

Stuffy doctors who remained closeted away in their offices were a thing of the past; not that Josephine had ever really emulated that persona.

"Surprisingly I... enjoyed the chance to dress up," Josephine admitted. It had never really been very 'her' to do such a thing; but it had actually been fun to find something appropriate and adopt some strange, fictional persona that was so different to her own.

"I read the first book to... my younger brother, not long after it was published. I wasn't entirely... sure what to wear, and then I saw a poster for the... film one evening," the Haunt shrugged nonchalantly. "I think it... worked, in the end." She might never have picked up the books otherwise, particularly back then - those years had brought a bad decade even before her Embrace. But doing something so simple as read a story had been a... nice distraction.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Shifting to a more relaxed posture, even as he makes a scan of Elysium proper, Dillon hooks his thumbs behind the front pockets of his slacks and smirks. It's a friendly, interested expression. "Sometimes we do surprise ourselves when we just try something for fun like that." Kind of like getting in front of the whole Domain and singing a woman's part from a famous musical, or taking up dancing after your Sire spent a hundred years unsuccessfully tying to get you to. "I didn't get a chance to really compliment people on their outfits, but everyone looked pretty fantastic.

"That was probably the most... peaceful Court or Elysium gathering I've attended since my arrival."
    It seemed like there was always something going down. But that night had been different. A few may have nearly made a fool of themselves, but all in all, there were only minor disruptions.

The thing that stood out most to Dillon about the Doctor's explanation was the reveal of a mundane sibling. He had been an only child, himself, and really hadn't had anyone near his age to interact with or look after regularly. Only when his mother would host dinner for her friends, or visit them and bring him along did he get to make that connection with another. There was a creek near their property that a few of the children in nearby neighborhoods liked to frequent, but the shear distance between residences made such encounters few and far between.

It only occurs to Dillon then that, like he, Josephine might well have family running around, somewhere. Provided nothing awful happened to the brother. It's really none of the Gangrel's business, though, so he doesn't ask.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

I
    Irina

"I think if we had complimented everyone on their outfits, we would have never gotten around to any other conversation that evening," Josephine responded, with a short laugh. The Kindred had paid quite a lot of attention to their dresswear; perhaps, owing to their undead status, it was necessary to concentrate more on things like that to ward off the boredom.

She continuously thought it quite amusing, to see what inventive masked costume the shadowed Haunt would think of next...

"I hope the next formal Court has a theme as interesting. It's nice sometimes, to go to the extra effort." But Josephine shrugged faintly, slightly bemused at her own interest in such a showy thing. It seemed so very un-Haunt-like, to care for such a thing.

Good, then she had shown her Sire that she was not just a cliche.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"True," Dillon says with with a casual lift of a finger. There had been quite a lot on display that evening. He only wished he had gotten a chance to talk to a few more people. Or hadn't left Conner to be the one to stand at Martha's side when the new faces were upsetting her. The man put Dillon in charge of her security for situations exactly like that, and he had been standing by the sidelines.

Next time, he won't wait to see if she gives him a signal or not.

Proactive, not reactionary.

Nodding his agreement, Dillon smiles some more. "What kind of theme would you pick, if it were up to you, Doctor?" The use of her medical title is purely instinctive, but at least he didn't say prescribe instead of pick.

His attention turns, briefly, as he sees the Herald, Seneschal, and Bishop exiting the Reeve's office. And then Conner himself taking a look around before heading back inside to work.

Of course, the two beautiful women are immediately singled out for conversation, and the fearsome Sidor Grigoriev is not. Imagine that. But Dillon has nothing but trust and admiration for the terrifying Bishop, raising his chin in an across-the-room salute of greeting when he thinks the shadowed face is at least turned enough in his direction to infer that he can be seen.

If the situation was need to know, and Dillon didn't need to know, he could easily accept that. But his interest in security is obvious.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

I
    Irina

Josephine let her gaze roam around Court in a slightly more relaxed manner than the Deputy before her, and she gave a quick nod in Sidor Grigoriev and Conner Greyson out of polite acknowledgement. She, too was curious as to what had occurred in the office but her desire to know was no more than that. Either she would find out, or she would not.

"Considering... what we... are, I'd be vaguely interested in a... horror theme," Josephine admitted, with perhaps just a faint amount of embarrassment. It was not exactly her to conceive of such an idea, she knew.

"Such... costumes could be very... imaginative."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.