Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1205) Neil and Ariana

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

Neil bowed politely in what would no doubt seem a practiced, dextrous motion; this man could dance. Peering at the remarkably likeable-seeming woman through his icy blue eyes, he replied, "Sadly, we have not yet met - but it is a pleasure to have that chance now, Madam Seneschal Donovan. I am Mister Neil Kingsley, of Clan Mekhet." He may not be Invictus, but the least he could do is respect their customs. After all, he had an interest in their ways. "I hope I find you well this evening?" His thin lips pressed into a little smile.
    The Lordess smiled to Neil keeping her thoughts of something else to herself.

"It is wonderful to meet you Mr. Kingsley." Her voice pleasant and delightful as it usually was. "I am a Ventrue as well as their Priscus." The Lordess stated to reciprocate the knowledge of his own clan.

"Yes, this evening finds me well. I recall seeing you previously at the Avalon." Ariana continued to smile despite recalling the events of that evening. "How have the evenings treated you since your arrival in the Domain?" Her question was politely curious as the Seneschal did enjoy providing guidance if necesssary.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil nodded respectfully as she stated her authority within the Lords. It seemed that Ariana Donovan was as powerful as she was beautiful - that was to say, very.

His face remained a calm mask of tranquil contentment as she mentioned their past sightings at the Avalon. He had the sense to not go back to that night with Schmider and whatnot. "Quite well, thank you - between evenings here, getting settled into my home, and helping out where I can, I keep busy. The Kindred of this city have been most welcoming."

It was hardly a blathering answer, but then again, Kingsley was hardly a blathering kind of man.

A
    Ariana Donovan

The Lordess was use to succinct conversations with a few Shadows. Though, this was not necessarily a trait of the clan. There were others who seemed to keep things private as well.

"That is wonderful news Mr. Kingsley." Ariana stated genuinely. It was always good news to hear that new members were not having problems. Even better news that they had not created any for themselves. "Despite your assisting with the Domain, what do you do in your free time? Do you have any particular interests that you have been able to fulfill so far in the city?"

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil thought for a moment before replying. "Well, when there is time, I do what I can to enjoy the finer things in life. You know - the theatre, art galleries, a good bar here and there... and, of course, I do my best to keep in good condition, and work on pistol marksmanship here and there." Smile, at that last thought, before his face became inquisitive. "Have you any places you might suggest for arts and culture, Madam Seneschal?" He was always on the lookout, and no doubt one of His Majesty's best would know this city better than anybody.

A
    Ariana Donovan

The Lordess listened as he mentioned Neil mentioned his interests. It did not take her but a moment to respond. “The city offers many different aspects of nightlife entertainment. Some of which are located within Elysia’s of our Society. I am unaware if you have been to many locations around the city. Club Ember is tastefully exotic, the Asylum is a Fetish Club, The Lily is a cigar bar and suitable for polite conversation.” Her hand raised to gesture to the ceiling. “I am sure you area already familiar with the Avalon upstairs but there is also Reverence which is a gothic club.” Ariana’s hand flipped to continue. “The Ballo Della Notte theatre usually has a show going on. There are many museums as well around the city. Being the Capital of California, there are usually cultural events of some fashion.”

Ariana gently moved her head a little. “It all depends on what your tastes are Mr. Kingsley. Culture and art can be found in many shapes and forms.” A smile peered over her lips as she waited for his return.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil certainly looked open to her suggestions. His little smile reappeared as she mentioned the Ballo Della Notte, and he waited until she was finished. "You are quite right," he said with an appreciative nod of his head to her last. "There are many forms indeed. My preferred forms tend to be music and theatre, personally. I've enjoyed the Reverence and the Avalon so far - perhaps I shall investigate the Ballo Della Notte and the Asylum shortly." He nodded decisively. A show certainly would make for a good night; and while the shows available at the Asylum were likely a complete 180 from what the Ballo Della Notte had to offer, both had their own merits.

His eyes snapped quickly around the room, noting the new faces, his Beast twitching and roaring inside of him. Ariana's Beast was oppressive to his own, but he willed away the worst of it, his marksman's composure and personal grit beating back the urge to flee. He was thankful that he would not be providing further stress on the others. Perhaps if everybody had the Mask, Vampire life would be so much more civilized.

"It seems a busy night, Madam Seneschal. Do we normally enjoy such excellent attendance at Elysium?" Neil sounded almost surprised, as if he was used to a much less social Domain.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“There are many other theatres and venues within the city. I only listed a few.” Although the Seneschal only listed the ones that are frequented by their kind, since they were Elysiums. “There are also many events that happen throughout the city. Even Halloween parties from time to time.” She offered as an example.

The Lordess watched as he made the comment while Neil had looked around the room. She nodded in agreement with a beautiful smile. “Indeed it is very busy. However, this is not entirely the whole Domain.” Ariana chuckled softly and continued. “As I am sure you know, when we have Official Courts, all are required to be in attendance. Some have many busy nights which is perhaps a reason that they are not here this evening.”

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil nodded as Ariana spoke of Hallowe'en parties and the wide variety of venues Sacramento offered. "That sounds enjoyable. Hallowe'en may well be my favorite holiday." He had a little smile on at the idea of enjoying himself on that night.

The size of this Domain continued to surprise him. For some reason, this small city seemed rather attractive to Kindred. Perhaps in time he would learn why. "Ah, yes... I do look forward to meeting everyone at Court. Sadly, I have not had the opportunity to attend a Court in quite some time. My Sire was not often in attendance. Do they tend to happen often?"

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Your favorite holiday Mr. Kingsley?” Ariana asked with a curious smirk on her face. “Why is Halloween your favorite holiday apart from all the others?” Her cobalt eyes looked to him while she asked the question. Holidays, other than Christmas, generally went by, much like birthdays. Yet she did enjoy the Halloween ball herself.

“An Official Court happens every few months or if there is a need for one.” The Seneschal explained pleasantly. “Do you have any questions in regard to Domain of Sacramento Court at all?” The Lordess thought she would see if he had questions regarding the matter. When one was new in town, it was probably best to find out before the affair began.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil appeared thoughtful as he considered the answer to her first question. It had always been his favorite, even as a young human. And the reason why was simple. His lips parted in a shy, almost embarassed smile. "I have always enjoyed the occasional evening of costumes, and the pleasant diversion of meeting old friends in a new light." The Shadow did not often share things like that about himself. "Hallowe'en has always appealed to me for that reason."

In reply to her offer of information, he replied, "Madam Seneschal, thank you -- I do have some areas I am curious about. My previous Domain was not held by the First Estate, so I am unfamiliar with the traditions of a First Estate Court. But I would love to learn. I was hoping you would be able to point me in the right direction to someone who may be willing to meet with me to discuss Sacramento's particular customs of Court, such as titles and appropriate forms of address?"

It would not do to simply assume that how one's old Domain ran things is the same as the new. Neil figured that a brief meeting now could save him a great deal of embarassment later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.