Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

Half shifts.

"Never met a pure." he said. "But they don't seem the type to have a kid we could get at."

"I like the idea of sowing as well as gathering, but what would we sow? Are we going to pull a Normandy? Also how would we infiltrate? Does one of us have to go behind enemy lines? "

He feels slightly out of place, and wasn't sure what to say, but he felt like he could feel the raven perched on his shoulder.
    Tim "Half souled" Wakefield : Ithaeur Iron Master: Wisdom 2 cunning 1 : Striking looks 2 (Eyes) Presence 3 (Country boy)

R
    Ryan Deshane

"For those of you that haven't seen combat, this isn't gonna make sense." Digger says pausing for a moment.

"The Pure. They are just like us. The Talaban, just like us, the Russians, Vietcong, all of our enemies all the way back, they are just like us. Each with some reason to hate someone else. But there people, people with different beliefs, some of them fucking wrong fucked up beliefs, but still." D thought about his training, and his research on DubDub2 and more recently about the Taliban and Iran, "We are trained to dehumanize and disavow there existance as anything more then the enemy. A thing to be hunted and killed" Digger takes a drag off his smoke, "But thats not fucking true. They need the same thing we do. They gotta eat, they gotta sleep, they gotta shit, they wanna fuck. They have the same needs, wants, hopes, lusts and all that."

Digger paused again... "You know why I tell you this?" Digger asked his pack, but looking to Chap, figuring he would know the best why Digger said what he did. Even though Chap wouldn't like it...

Skaald listened quietly as the others spoke, grabbing a beer and a slice of pizza once everyone else had the opportunity. His expression is serious to fit the topic of discussion, and when torture is mentioned he scowls, but doesn't say anything at first. When Digger starts talking about them being people too a light seems to kindle in his eye and he responds.

"Because we need to understand. Imru Nu Fir Imru. The People Do Not Murder The People. There are those amongst the Urdaga that say this does not apply the Anshega. They say the Pure are not the People. They say that killing in the heat of battle isn't murder. Maybe that's true. Maybe it isn't. What matters is this. You kill one of them, even on the battle field, you are killing an Uratha. You are killing an estranged brother or sister. But that's exactly what we are setting out to do. We do so because we believe it needs to be done. Because if we don't people are going to get hurt; are going to die.

"But, we have to realize that they think the exact same thing. They hunt us because they think it needs to be done. Because they believe in the deepest part of their soul that to do so is right. They see us as traitors and dogs. They call themselves Pure because they believe they are not tainted. They thing we have given up our birthright. They dehumanize - de-People-ize - us to justify to themselves what they do. If we do the same to them, we are no better, no different."

Skaald glances around the room, a fierce glint in his eyes. He did not know everyone's story - not yet. He sometimes forgot that not every Urdaga had the benefit of years of teaching and instruction as he had. I assume they know the stories, but do they? He voiced this thought. "We all know the legends, of why we are Forsaken and why they consider themselves Pure?" He only makes it a question at the very end.

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

"Yes, though the way the elder told it in my group was often enough to put you to sleep. So If you feel the need for a refreasher..." he smiled at Skaald.

"Now I get the whole they are our brothers despite it all, thing but The pure wage war on us. I understand not dehu-" he paused . "demonizing them, but they are a problem. We aren't going to be safe with them around. So how do we balance those two? I very much doubt the Pure will follow the code of chivlary. "

Less out of place now he smiled lightly and waited for the answer.
    Tim "Half souled" Wakefield : Ithaeur Iron Master: Wisdom 2 cunning 1 : Striking looks 2 (Eyes) Presence 3 (Country boy)

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Size: 6
    Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Health: 8

PRE

John nodded, agreeing with Digger, and listened as Skaald and Half spoke.

"They gave up being People the moment they lost Luna's grace."

The Beta had spoken, his voice carrying the true weight of a zealot, the dual-nature of being Chaplain.

"We will show them Mother Luna's light and break their spirit. We will show no mercy in this because we would expect none in return, and when we win, we will thank Father Wolf for the strength he gave us. But know this, those that stand against us will die."

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale listened as his pack mates said their piece, not being able to hide his surprise at Skaald's words. What's more, the Rahu frowned and slammed one of his fists into a table nearby. "Fuck that! Those bastards aren't the people!" he called out, eyes blazing in anger. "They haven't sworn the Oath we have all sworn. They reject Mother and call her a bitch or worse. And they murder us every single fucking chance they get!"

There was a long pause before Dale said anything again. During that time, he locked his eyes with Skaald's. The Rahu's hatred for the Anshega showed in his gaze. "I refuse to call any of them brother or sister. If that's what they are to you, some long lost sibling...then you and I are gonna have some problems," he said to the younger Cahalith, his fists still clenched in front of him.

When Chap spoke up, Dale seemed to regain some of his composure, but it was clear that he was still upset by Skaald's words. He nodded in agreement to his Beta's words, pleased to hear that they were in agreement about the Pure. "Amen to that!" said the Rahu once Chap had finished saying his piece.

Skaald listens to his packmates' anger and hatred with a stoic expression, though his eyes blaze. When he speaks it is calm, but there is an edge in his voice. "Maybe they aren't the people. Maybe they gave up that right when they started making alliances with Hithim rather than reigning them in. Maybe they gave it up when they declared us blood traitors and began hunting us down rather than trying to keep the worlds intact. Maybe they gave it up when they rejected their mother, defamed her name and her oath. But they are your family. There is nothing you can do to change that no matter how much you hate them. There is no worse strife than that between family. Make no mistake, this is a family feud."

Skaald breaks eye contact with the two, glancing to his alpha to try to gauge his response before turning back and addressing the entire pack.

"Make no mistake, I stand with you. I will oppose them to my dying breath. I will fight this fight. I have my reasons. They defame my mother, they dishonor my sacrifice, they threaten the worlds I strive to protect; the people I would not see harmed. But I ask you. Why do you fight? Why do you hate?"

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale stared into Skaald's eyes as the Cahalith spoke. Whether he was listening to what his pack mate was saying or not, was difficult to discern. The Rahu just stood there in silence, but it was clear from his body language that he was not at all pleased by the other Blood Talons' words.

The Pure are NOT my family!

As Skaald asked his question, Dale stood up from the bench he was sitting in and walked over to him. Without a warning, the Rahu swung at the other Uratha; his right fist connecting with the Cahalith's jaw. The blow was not hard enough to shatter bone, but it would certain leave a sting for a couple of minutes.

His eyes locked into Skaald's once more as he spoke. "I fight because I'm a warrior, and right now we are at war," said Dale in a firm tone. "I hate because they took everything from me. Everything I loved and cared about, was destroyed in front of my own eyes." The Rahu took a pause, cracking the knuckles on his right hand. "Look around. Those you see, they are my family." Another pause. "The Anshega, they are the enemy," he said, in what sounded more like a snarl than actual words.

After saying those words, Dale stood there for a moment, not breaking eye contact with his fellow Talon. Seconds later he turned back and walked over to where he was sitting before, not saying another word.

OOC

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Health: 8

PRE

John watched carefully as the two Blood Talons went back and forth, his mind made up already. When Dale hit Skaald, the Beta wasn't entirely surprised but did uncross his arms in preparation for any sign the Cahalith was going to lose control again.

R
    Ryan Deshane

Digger doesn't say anything, just gives a hrumph as he watches the two men go at it, wolves will be wolves. If it goes any further, D will stop it. But he knows better then to get in the way of two Talons when they got shit to deal with. Plus, a little inner turmoil is a good thing. A wolf pack shouldn't be all kumbaya and shit.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.