Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1205) Bobby & Chase

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Chase departs the company of Monsieur l’Aubespine, pocketing the slip of paper that had been handed him. He eyes the room with bright eyes, his mind refreshed and stimulated for the remaining evening. For a few minutes he circles around the crowd, nodding his head as familiar eyes cross his gaze. He actually could recognize and name a good portion of those attending that evening. It was rather comforting. The throng of Beasts did not frighten him so much anymore. Well...at least he could maintain the illusion of relative safety, best to not let one's guard down.

Approaching a lone kindred that was unfamiliar (@Bobby Lime ) Chase moved to greet the man. He emitted no Beast that Chase could tell, though that seemed fairly common with many kindred in Court. He seemed in good spirits at least. "Hello and good evening, sir. I don't believe I've had the pleasure. Are you new to the Domain or have I merely overlooked your presence up until now?" Chase put on a bright smile of his own, cheery and welcoming.
    At the voice speaking to him, Lime stopped his whistling and looked at the handsome face of Chase, smiling at his charming nature.

"New to the Domain, so no harm done," Lime chuckled, holding out a clearly manicured hand to the Lord, "Mr. Bobby Lime, a pleasure to meet you, sir!"

The enthusiasm that Mr. Lime exhibited starkly contrasted the reserved impassivity of the company Chase had left. There was also a slight accent that Chase couldn't place exactly, perhaps southernly. It caused him a moment's hesitation before accepting the pristine hand offered him in his own. "Ah yes, um, it is indeed a pleasure to make your acquaintance Mr. Lime. I am Chase Ankers of clan Ventrue, allow me to welcome you to Sacramento. How are you getting along then? You've been to see Herald Villiers about acknowledgment I take it?" he guessed, since many new kindred were immediately directed to the petite Mehket upon their arrival.

"Oh, just dandy, thank you, Mr. Ankers, just dandy. I was actually acknowledged at the last month by Madam Seneschal Donovan althought it was quite lat in the evening when she did so, after all the apparent fun had passed by," Lime replied, gushing forth with chatter like a well-shaken bottle of Coke, recalling how mere moments before arriving, Deputy Burns had had the inclination stake someone rude. Lime had wondered what had happened to said Kindred and had a pleasant image of the little redhead with blood on her dress.

"Although I have also had the pleasure of the Herald's company since my arrival. She is such a lovely lady! Oh, and also have met with my cousins in Clan Mekhet. I was fortunate to arrive very shortly before a meeting was held," he said, brushing straight the collar of his jacket before adding with a smile, "My apologies, Mr. Ankers but I have a tendency to ramble at times. Please, I'm all ears, tell me about yourself!"

"Oh, you're acquainted with Seneschal Donovan, most excellent!" enthused Chase. "I came rather late to Court upon my initial return to the city so I was in much the same situation. Some things you just cannot plan ahead for," he prattled conversationally. "But yes we're all quite proud of the Herald, she does have her charms certainly."

When asked about himself, Chase made a show of shy humility that lasted all of a brief moment. "Oh me? There's hardly much to say, but if you insist!" grinning with pride as he tried to summarize the nature of his identity. "Apart from being a member of the Ordo Dracul I am also the owner of a local telecommunications business, namely an Internet Service Provider, Ubiquity. We only went up and running this month so we'll see how that turns out. I had initially grown up in this city and my mortal family conducts much of their business here so it benefits me to stay close to their assets. What about you, Mr. Lime? Do you have pressing business in Sacramento or are you simply looking for a change of scenery? Sacramento has quite a few lovely spots if you know where to look."

"No, no pressing business, like you say, a change of scenery. I was Embraced up in L.A. and it had grown a little too...manic of late. But enough of me, what's this about telecommunications?" Lime said, sidestepping his own past like a trained matador staring down the twin horns of shame and too much eyeliner. "Are you involved in social media at all?" he asks, eyes lighting up at the prospect.

"Ah, Los Angeles, so at least your trip wasn't too lengthy. It's good to take an opportunity to see the sights of other cities, though quite troublesome making new connections, like a blank slate almost. I myself had left my own sire and covenant behind in order to pursue my selfish goals at the cost of starting over. Ah, such is the way of things at times." He didn't press him on the meaning behind his description of 'manic', though it certainly was vague enough. When asked about social media Chase replied, "Social media? Well I am quite aware of the affect it's had on internet communities. It's by far a hub for commerce, communications, and information pooling. I can't say I've invested in it personally but I see a wide variety of uses for it, why do you ask?" It was a rather particular question, or maybe just the most prevalent topic of interest they might have shared between them.

"Oh, I'm a bit of a social media fan, especially with Twitter and Facebook but I'm always on the look out for anything to sink my teeth into, if you pardon the pun," Lime chuckled. "I have always felt that the computer industry could provide an angle that we as a society could tap for so much potential. There is no difference between night and day, its a 24 hour business."

"Ah, well it's a relief to hear that there are kindred who appreciate the value of communication through technology. I am following the hype in the media as well concerning such companies as Facebook and Google and their competition. The amount of data the two amass is quite extraordinary. With so many users and so much categorized personal information available to the network hubs it wouldn't be difficult to abuse such power." On top of that the legislature in matters of the internet were still quite undefined and easily countered or circumvented. Chase had hoped that such examples might be used within his own company later down the line.

"What was it that got you interested in such a particular realm of communications, Mr. Lime?" queried Chase with genuine interest.

The ability to keep a tab on various celebrities, Lime wanted to answer but dared not. It was all too easy to show one's hand so early.

"Oh, you know, a fan of popular culture seems to use whatever medium it can find," he replied with a smile, "and when it means keeping a finger on the pulse, so to speak, then social media seems the new and innovative way to do so."

"It is certainly," agreed Chase. "Which is why network security is so important in this day and age when so much personal information is readily available. I hope that my business can provide an even more secure means of transferring that data. Perhaps one day it may be used for more selective purposes." To Chase there were all sorts of applications for the data streaming, cell phones, personal devices and tablets. But he planned to make his decisions quite carefully when managing his company so as not to cross any lines.

"So how do you make your living, Mr. Lime, if I may ask?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.