Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1205) Emma & Catherine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine put the basket down on the table and reached over to the other woman to answer the handshake. The whole while casually ignoring the ever present hiss of her beast in her ears.

Catherine Keyes.” She smiled before sitting. “And how is the night treating you, Ms French?” She pulled fluffy fiber from the basket along with a wooden top-esque spindle.

Emma French

PRE

Emma glanced curiously at the bundle Catherine pulled from her basket, deciding it must be knitting or something she returned her gaze back to the mekhet's eyes. "The night is pleasant enough, and you, Miss Keyes, how has your evening been?" Emma offered a warm smile, meeting with Mekhets who wore the mask was so much calmer for her and beast, and having eaten recently kept down other issues. All in all Emma felt pretty well in control and her bright green eyes showed this. "I don't believe I have seen you around, how long have you been in town?"

Catherine Keyes

PRE

She set the top-spindle turning as she added the wool slowly to the twisting yarn, her hands working as she watched them. “This evening? Well enough, although I cannot seem to get the exact hang of this...” she said while mentally cursing the fibercraft.

As for how long, about a month or so... you know how the nights run together.” she said with a slight raise of her eyebrows, “But not that long, as of yet.” She did not return the question, even if she was entitled to it.

She drew her brown eyes away from the spinning disappointed in the twist that wasn’t coming out exactly as she had been instructed. “Today seems so much more quiet than the last time I was here, but then, the night is still young.

Emma French

PRE

Emma watched in fascination at the spinny yarny thing. Watching Catherine's facial expression she guessed things weren't going as planned with it. "Is there something I can do to help?" Emma asked gesturing to the spinny thing. "Things always seem to be quiet when I'm around." Emma said. "That is interesting, I never really realized that before." Emma pondered slightly distracted, why was that? "Perhaps I have just been lucky to only be around for quiet enjoyment."

Catherine Keyes

PRE

The mekhet stopped the spindle and untwisted the yarn from the top of the hook before winding up the (rather lumpy and not perfect ‘yarn’) “There is a yarn comb in the basket, I do not think I got all the knots out, it would explain the generally un-smooth form this is taking.” she indicated the uneven yarn.

I mean it is mostly the same routine. Feed, meander around, complain about the kine shutting everything down early except for the brothels and bars. Or Feed, meander around, hang out with other Kindred and not try to step on toes or study. Some say that immortality is the answer to all one’s problems, but it can be really boring if one doesn’t have a good book.” She shrugged as she wound the spindle again for another attempt.

Emma French

PRE

Emma knew well about boredom, and she remembered what she used to say to her children about idle hands. She smiled, "I could comb while you spin... Boredom is the worst. Thank goodness for the invention of the internet." Emma let out a light chuckle. "I am not much for socializing, but I study social interactions of the past. Still, I am more of a loner." Emma looks around as she considers this fact about herself. She sees a few more kindred have entered. Her beast tugs a bit but she quickly reins beast back. When she looks back at Cathrine, Emma's eyes are slightly darker green.

Catherine Keyes

PRE

She smiled for a moment, “It was and is a rather fascinating invention, and it has been quite useful.” she said in agreement.

What type of social interactions of the past?” She said as she spun the spindle, letting it hang from the cords while pulling and pinching the loose fluffy wool to make the twist. “I just collect stories, and the interactions there are usually of epic proportions.

Emma French

PRE

"I am a social cognition archeologist. I study items found at archeological digs and put together a story of who the people were, what they thought, what they did, and why they did it." Emma's mind drifted briefly to the current dig. Folding her hands in front of her she watched the spinny thing twirl yarn around into a long thread. "Of course when it's time periods I was witness to, it makes my job easier." Emma laughs softly. "What kind of stories do you collect?"

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Groovy.” Catherine said as she watched the spinning of the spindle. “All sorts of stories, some historical, some legend, some both.” She looked over at the green eyed vampire and the serpent had finally stopped hissing.

Sorry about the lack of eye contact, I’m not completely used to this form of yarn-making.” An obviously apologetic tone permeated her words. She turned back to the yarn. “Almost anything: certain circumstances, general interactions -- whatever makes a good story. For instance the first night I spent in court here, a Nosferatu got staked by Deputy Burns just about...there.” she said indicating a faded bit of carpet.

Emma French

PRE

Emma was enjoying her time with the shadow. Sitting there while she spun yarn on the spinny thing had a relaxing quality to it. It felt homey and comfortable. She thought wistfully of her childhood, trying to remember if she had ever found herself in this situation before. Then she remembered her own mother was not domestic. They used to travel and have great adventures as a family. Perhaps this was something which was missing in her life, homey comfort. "I can see that thing would take full concentration." Emma smile warmly, her green eyes lightening up as she relaxed. "A staking? Gesh, I miss all the excitement. What did he or she get staked for?" Emma asked with honest curiosity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread