Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*A few nights had passed since the phone call between Ariana and Ciara; and the tall Ventrue had busied herself with preparations. The penthouse had been rented out, Ciara had picked out a new swim suit, and she had spent the past hour making sure the rooms were ready for her visitor. Finally content that everything was ready, Ciara makes her way to the private elevator that lead down to the lobby of the hotel on top of which the penthouse rested.

She was dressed casually for the evening, she wanted to have a nice, quiet evening to spend with her fellow Lordess and member of the First Estate. Anything she could do to put the Seneschal at ease would only help the evening go smoothly. A simple white top with turquoise skirt that billowed gently as the doors of the elevator closed and it began it's ride down to the lobby.

Once she had arrived at the bottom, Ciara looks around for Ariana on the off chance the Seneschal was early... *

No Necklace
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

A
    Ariana Donovan

The copper haired Ventrue arrived a little before the time Ciara had mentioned. She was driven by Felix whom she told to wait for her text to pick her up later. As she vacated the vehicle, she had a small black bag with her along with her purse. Her dress was light and airy with a mixture of purple in various shades swirled with white. Ariana had black slightly heeled sandals which accompanied her dress perfectly. It may have been casual, but still it had a classy flow about it.

The Lordess entered the lobby area and looked around for her fellow cousin. Ariana was unfamiliar with the building and did not have an idea of where to begin to look.

Ariana's pool attire

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara smiles as she spots her Cousin, making her way towards the Seneschal at a relaxed pace. She wanted to give both of them time to overcome the angry growls of their respective Beasts, and she did not want to give the impression that anything about tonight was to be hurried. Crossing the small check in area, Ciara quiets the slight rumbling in the back of her mind, stopping a short distance away.

She bows her head to the Seneschal, not wishing to give too much away from any mortal eyes that might be watching the two female Kindred.* Good evening, Ms Donovan; I am so pleased you could join me tonight. *She looks over the dress, pondering the outfit for a moment. She wasn't sure if it were a swim suit or not, but the question would be answered in time...*

I have everything ready, shall we head up? *She motions to the elevator she had taken down to the Lobby.*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

A
    Ariana Donovan

The copper haired Lordess’ beast wanted to turn the other way and dash out for but a moment, yet quickly settled in recognition of the other familiar beast in its presence.

“Good evening Miss Maskelyne.” Ariana smiled to her tall cousin. “Thank you for inviting me it is always a pleasure.” Her tone entirely sincere to Ciara.

Nodding as she began walking to the elevator she replied. “Yes, that would be splendid. How does this evening find you thus far?” She inquired lightly since they were still among kine.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

The pleasure is all mine, Miss Donovan... *Ciara answers with a sincere smile, turning to walk with Ariana to the elevator.* I should be thinking you. You have given me an excuse to step away from business for the evening and spend it in pleasant company.

*She takes a few steps in silence, pressing the call button for the elevator once the two Kindred were close enough. She wanted to answer Ariana truthfully, that she was worried about making the evening pleasant for the Seneschal. That she had gone over the details all evening to try and ensure everything would go smoothly. Instead, she simply laughs softly as she turns back to look at Ariana as they waited for the elevator.* It has been pleasant enough. The hardest part was finding a swimsuit I liked.

The next time I invite you for a swim, please remind me to do it in Winter, before all the new collections are introduced?
    *She grins playfully, finishing up just as the doors to the elevator chime and begin to open.*

A
    Ariana Donovan

“I believe that sentiment is mutual. All work and no play does not make our days enjoyable.” It was the best of both worlds this evening. A beautiful building with a pool and the company of her dark haired cousin.

When they entered the elevator, the Lordess was still mindful of the Masquerade. Having been blushed on her way there, she made sure not to say anything risky in case of recording devices within the confines of the enclosed space. Her blue eyes looked had looked over Ciara's attire that evening. Even when both women were casual, they still looked respectable and quite classy, in her opinion.

Ariana laughed gently. “Yes, why is it that of all clothing, swimsuits are the most difficult to select?” Turning to Ciara in the elevator, her friend who could perhaps know the answer to that question. “Do the new collections make it more difficult to choose Miss Maskelyne? As I recall, you too are certainly up to date on fashion. There has been a term floating in the media of 'Fashionista', that seems fitting for your nature.” She was aware that the term followed couture and followers of the same, it seemed so fitting for her fellow Lordess.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara thinks over Ariana's question for a moment before answering.* I think the problem is twofold: Designers make their outfits for looks and not practicality. What looks good strutting down the runway is often too complex or uncomfortable to wear practically. And they often make a particular piece for the model wearing it. I remember one argument some years ago, in which a model complained her bikini did not fit comfortable in, shall we say, sensitive locations. The designer remarked that the bikini was perfect; it was the model that was the wrong shape... *Though her response was serious, the tall Ventrue could not help but smile at the memory.*

The other problem lies in that mass produced products. They are, by their very nature, cut to fit as wide a range of body styles as possible. That makes it very hard to find one that fits perfectly. Add in that everyone has different tastes in cut, styles, color, and how much skin to bare; it's a wonder we can find any thing at all that we can approve of. And I've yet to find a tailor that will take in a swimsuit... *Realizing her answer might have been more than the Seneschal had asked for, Ciara gives a slightly embarrassed giggle; turning her attention to Ariana's other questions as she steps into the elevator.

She waits for her fellow Ventrue to step in before pressing the button for the top floor, thinking over her answer as the doors close and the elevator begins the ride to the penthouse.* I would not say more difficult. But when you have so many choices, the addition of more every season can make coming to a decision an ever increasingly time consuming undertaking. While I revel in the myriad of choices modern fashion allows me, I sometimes long for simpler days when my choices were limited to... local tailors... *Ciara flashes a conspiratorial grin to Ariana, eager for the opportunity to speak freely when they reach the penthouse.

Another slight pause in conversation as Ciara considers the word and all it's implications, the dark-haired Lordess finally deciding it was a fitting title for her. She nods her head slightly as she speaks.* I would say that is a fair assessment of my interests, Ms Donovan. Fashion provides me an outlet for my interests, as well as a hobby to help pass my free time. I may not have a natural ability for art, but I think the feeling of putting together a perfect outfit for an occasion comes close. At least for me...

*As the elevator slows, then stops, the doors slid open to reveal a short hallway with a stout looking door at the end. She holds the doors open for the Seneschal, nodding her head towards the door.* After you... *She says softly.*

A
    Ariana Donovan

As Ciara described the issues with models and runways, she nodded in agreement. “I wholeheartedly agree that some items are not practical.” While her cousin described the bikini situation to her, Ariana could not help but wonder a few things. Her hand waved gently as she delivered an old saying to Ciara. “I see that particular designer was still a fanatic of beauty is pain.” Turning to the dark haired Ventrue she asked her opinion. “Do you think that is how some women develop a complex as they attempt to fit the design or designer instead of the other way around?” She inquired after she had mentioned the mass-produced items. Ariana pondered the styles Ciara mentioned, and the problem with tailoring a swimsuit she could not help but agree.

“Too many options can be as difficult as too few. As a red head, I feel my choices are narrowed by color. Although, sometimes, that may be a blessing in disguise.” Ariana chuckled softly. Yet almost like a uniform, the Lordess was content on staying within her Invictus ways of color. Ciara had made some particular word choices while she spoke, and Ariana hoped she might elaborate more once they were at their destination.

While the thin Ventrue agreed with her fashionista sentiment she smiled at her description of the hobby she enjoyed. “I would not dismiss that a perfect outfit should not be considered an art form.” The Lordess stated to her Ventrue cousin. “Perhaps we are that of a canvas and paint ourselves into the image we want portrayed to those who look upon it.” Ariana winked to Ciara.

When the door was opened to the penthouse, she grinned. “Thank you.” Her cobalt eyes began assessing the setting of Ciara’s set up for the evening.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Do not all forms of beauty stem from some sort of suffering? The time and emotion an artist puts into their work, the struggles of a great writer obsessing over the proper phrasing and words to use... *Ciara answers softly, taking time to think over the Seneschal's next question. When she answers, she gently nods her head in agreement.* I think that there are some that take their pursuit of perfection too far. But I do not believe it is an attempt to fit the unreal ideal the fashion industry champions. I think they use apparel and appearance to fill a void that is missing in their lives. It gives them a sense of control and accomplishment they are missing somewhere else.

For example, I enjoy creating outfits and different looks; but it is an enjoyable activity to me and not the end-all-be-all of my nights...
    *The tall Ventrue chuckles softly as Ariana talks about the limits imposed by her hair color, giving her fellow Kindred a playful smirk.* Well, you could always dye it for an evening. It's only temporary...

*She can only nod her head in agreement with Ariana's statement about about living artwork, her smirk turning into a soft smile.* I could not agree more. When I put together an ensemble for a particular evening; I think about what setting I will be stepping into. And whether I wish to blend into it or stand out...

*As the two Kindred walk down the short hallway, Ciara produces a keycard from her pocket, inserting it into a slot in the door. A moment's hesitation and an audible click is heard as the door unlocks. The dark haired Venture eases the door open, inviting Ariana to step in ahead of her.

Once inside the penthouse, the two Invictus are greeted by an open concept layout. The doorway opens up into a combination living/kitchen/dining room area. North of the entryway is a short hallway with three door, two on the left and one on the right. Hardwood is used generously throughout the penthouse with large windows showcasing the Sacramento skyline.

The Southern end of the penthouse leads to an open-air patio, with the pool Ciara wrote of leading off and out over the edge of the building.*

A
    Ariana Donovan

Nodding while Ciara spoke, Ariana very much agreed with her thoughts on the subject. “Yes, I can relate to entirely. When I first began reporting, I recall many evenings making sure something was perfect before it was sent off to the appropriate channels.” Her hand gestured to her Ventrue cousin. “Your examples are very accurate. Some strive to perfect what is in their power, while other items are left hanging.”

The Lordess returned Ciara’s chuckle to the subject of hair color. “Yes, temporary color would be an interesting look. I have never thought about it before to be honest. Although I think black may wash me out a little.” She winked softly. Ariana was already pale before she was a vampire, it may be frightening to see her with jet locks.

“Some do not always succeed at blending in. Despite their efforts, do stand out to a degree.” A smirk pointed in Ciara’s direction as she complimented her fellow Lordess.

As Ariana stepped into the penthouse, it was not what she imagined previously. But her eyes were still pleased and admirable nonetheless. She walked a little further in to see the large window which highlighted the view of the city. “That is very picturesque Ms. Maskelyne.”

She took a few more steps to view the patio. Her eyes gave much away as they opened a little wider. “I have not seen a pool that juts out from the exterior such as this. Although I have seen them with the glass wall at the end. Amazing architecture.” Her voice clearly approving of the layout.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread