Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1205) Abigail & Tobias

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    p
    panik

Abigail’s gaze shifts from the bountiful buffet to the colorful Spring Courtier that has spoken to her. His suit seemingly delights the fairest who can’t help but smile back. It wasn’t something she’d wear but, on the elemental, the bright attire looked ok.

“Good Evening, some company would be lovely.”
    The collected fairest replies. After a moment she offers her hand to Tobias. “I’m Abigail.”

m
    magiuspendragon

"Good evening Abigail," Tobias said, taking the proffered hand. "I'm Tobias Thorne, of Spring." He smiled at her as he released her hand from the shake. "I don't recall seeing you around before, are you new in the area?"

p
    panik

"Nice to meet you, Tobias." The fairest takes a small sip from her glass, gently swirling its content before drawing from it. "I used to be part of the freehold but, last December, I had moved to LA for work. That didn't work out so, now, I'm back." That was a lie. It wasn't the reason why she left Sacramento but to say it out loud, to admit it, face it, would be too painful. The truth always hurts. Lies sometimes don't.

After a moment she continues, "What about you? When have you arrived to Sacramento?"

Lie
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-05-29 14:32:08 Abigail rolls 7 to Lies (10 Again) 10, 7, 1, 9, 6, 3, 4, 4 2 successes

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias nodded along with her story. Seemed reasonable enough, people moved for work all the time. "I've only been here a few months, just before the turn of the season." He gave a small shrug. "It's a nice town though, and I'm glad I found it."

"You said you left for work," he continued after a moment. "What is it you do?"

p
    panik

"I'm an actor," Abigail said with slight joy. "Mostly theater but, whenever I can, I do improvisation." She missed the feeling of free acting. Without the burden of lines, she could really delve into a character, adopt all its nuisances and flaws. Sometimes she felt so strongly in tune with her role, she'd forget who she was and all that had happened to her. It was her relief from her experience in Arcadia.

"What about you?" She asked to the elemental with curiosity. "What do you do for a living?"

m
    magiuspendragon

"That's great. I'm not an actor myself, but I do have an appreciation for the theatre. Improvisation..." Tobias let his words trail off as he considered. "It's been a while since I've seen any Improv. I'd love to come out if you get a gig," he said.

He nodded at her question. "I'm a luthier," he said with some pride. "I make guitars mostly, though I've had some luck lately with psaltries." He smiled as he recalled the mask that drew Regina's attention at the Winter ball, and later her reaction at his vase.

p
    panik

Abigail visibly lightened as she listened to Tobias. "Sure, Improv is always fun. I'll make sure to invite you next time I get the chance to be on stage." It was always a pleasure for the fairest to meet somebody who enjoyed the stage and to share her passion with them.

"Really? That's fascinating I never met a luthier before," Abigail shyly smiled after having said too much. After all she didn't want to appear uncultured in front of somebody she just met. "If I may ask, why did you choose such profession?"

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias shrugged. "Luck, mostly. A friend of mine knew I was into music, and set me up with an apprenticship. It's not something I would have thoiught about before she prodded me in that direction." He gave the girl a grin. "I imagine you got into Improv in a similar way, kinda stumbled into it and it stuck?"

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias looked over his shoulder at Teri's squeel and noticed the new face she was talking with. At least it seemed to be a pleasant conversation from what he could tell. And then he noticed hte cake. How had he missed that thing coming in. He smiled at Mrs. Rosemary behind it, and turned back to Abigail ( panik ). "Just noticed the cake over there. Would you like me to grab you a slice?"

p
    panik

"Not really," Abigail answered after gracefully shaking her head from side to side. "I knew what I wanted and I worked for it. I went to an audition and gave it my best effort. Of course, I didn't get it but I tried again and again until I finally got a part."

The fairest curiously followed Tobias' gaze as he looked over his shoulder. Few familiar faces struck out of the crowd but what naturally caught her attention was the marvelous cake that Mrs. Rosemary had produced. "A small piece would be lovely." Abigail replied with an appriciative smile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.