Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Envoking Rite of Healing

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

PRE

His candid manner did help put her more at ease, but Nieves felt he was holding something back, that some of what he was saying was insincere or maybe she just simply couldn't forgive herself. It had all been so intense, so raw, it made her feel helpless. Worse, that she didn't know herself even. Going into the Shadow, facing spirits unfamiliar to her and then fighting with her only allies, her world had flipped upside down again.

Nieves wipes her eyes and tries to smile. "I beat the crap outta you is what I did. I'm sorry for that. Guess that cow beast creature gave you a weak spot and I made it worse. You look like you healed up fine though, that's good. But Kevin, I want to see him. What's this Rite you're doing? Is it that bad?" She moved past him, heading towards the basement that led down to the Locus. It was then she saw him then a crumpled version of what she remembered of him before the hunt.

She gasped at his unbandaged body, the large scabbed tissue on his back where Nieves had raked him, like he had been mauled by a bear. "Oh Kevin.." she sobbed.

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin turns his head around and finds Nieves looking at him. A rush of mix emotions erupt along with his injures complaining about the effort it takes to hold his head like this. Shifting his head forward and calls out, "Hey Nieves."

He stands up and turns to face her. Kevin takes time to study the Rahu, his midsection feels like its both lead and filled with butterflies. He swallows and notices that his mouth is rather dry.

PRE

Nieves walks over slowly, her eyes tracing over the tears in Kevin's flesh that couldn't bring themselves to close up. She meets his eyes finally, reluctantly, and she can't hold back the tears in her own. She had done this, because of her arrogance and stupidity. She might as well have been in her right mind since she didn't seem to have any control over that either these days. The petite Rahu slumped to her knees beside him a couple feet away. "Oh Kevin, I'm sorry, soo so sorry," and the tears came again, the guilt eating at her and her voice choking up when she spoke. "It's all my fault, you c..could have died. I'm..." she didn't know what was the right thing to say to him. Nothing she could say would make it better or cause his wounds to go away. She was just making a fool of herself again, but that's all she knew how to do.

Once she could choke back the tears and wiped most of them away with the back of her hands she noticed that the wounds weren't dressed, exposed to open air. "Didn't Jeremiah treat you? He said something about a Rite, but those need to be bandaged, don't they?" When she had been in kung-fu classes as a kid her dad had her learn first aid in case she or her classmates got hurt, so she at least knew that much medical knowledge.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

Jeremiah slowly makes his way down the stairs carrying a sealed coffee container and a large bucket full of water. Once he reaches the locus Jeremiah gently puts the water bucket on the floor and takes some towels off his shoulder. He looks between his two packmates before walking over to them.

"Water and some towels for now or later?" He hands the sealed coffee carrier to Kevin then looks at Nieves. "We have not started the Rite yet. It will take time. I am glad that you are here for it. I would like to do this as a pack."

Kevin Swift

PRE

"We haven't begun the ritual as of yet." Kevin answers and then adds, "I believe I need to be bare-naked for this or at least, my wounds exposed." Kevin then glances from Nieves up upon hearing the door open, watching Jeremiah come down.

He glances between the two, his whole body seems to be aflame in pain and it didn't help that he is already wanting to lay down. His headache worsens and he is eager to drink something. He closes his eyes and tries not to think for a few seconds but couldn't keep flashes of memory from playing out. His heart begins to pound and he feels even more warm then before.

"Is there time for me to have that drink now?" He asks, as he opens his eyes after dry swallowing. He so wants to get off his feet it wasn't even funny.

PRE

Turning to their Alpha Nieves pleads, "Can't I bandage him up first? His wounds...they need to be cleaned, do we have a first aid kit or something?" Of course she'd be here for it. She wasn't so heartless to let Kevin suffer because of her mistake. Though looking at him she wished she could be somewhere else, that she didn't have to feel so responsible for it. She put her hand to her chest, wishing she could tear the guilt out like she tore Kevin's flesh. Would that put things right? She entertained the idea for a moment.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

"Yes, you are not about to die so there is time for water." Jeremiah says with a small smile as he takes the lid off and hands the container to Kevin. Then he shakes his head sadly. "No bandaging sorry. Cleaning the wounds is part of the Rite."

"Which is probably going to hurt like hell....well more? I'm sorry Kevin."

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin gulps down mouth fulls of water but stops after a minute. "That hit the spot." He could feel the liquid in his stomach. "So... what now? How do you want to proceed?"

PRE

Nieves wished she could take some of the pain away and burden herself with it. She deserved as much. "Alright...do you need me to do anything? I'll help however I can ya know." This would probably be the first time she'd witnessed a Rite, maybe she had before but wouldn't have known what she was looking at.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

"I am going to be in the middle with you two on opposite sides of me. Once our pack grows then those members will complete a circle around me or who ever is performing the ritual." Jeremiah frowns at Nieve's question. "Only myself and Kevin can contribute to this as we will be helping him recover. Moral support will be good though." He tries to give a sympathetic smile, Nieves helping would be great but not possible unfortunately.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last