Ended
Watch

Neutral Ground I

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

In Sacramento, the Tur lines lead the children of Father Wolf and Mother Luna to a desolate grave in the Hisil atop a hill. Scratched into the stone are the words 'Here lies Flame-of-Man'. The stone needs no more explanation than that, as it stands vigil across the neutral ground for the three packs of Sacramento.

The blasted skies of the Hisil seem that bit more peaceful lately, since the fall of the Idigam in the river. Even now, the stories of the deeds committed that day have begun to roam beyond the boarders of Sacramento. Some of the participants may indeed live forever.

And some have deeds yet to be done.

OOC

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Size: 6
    Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Health: 8

PRE

The lonesome figure of Chaplain wandered towards the Tur, hands clasped at his back as he thought about what it meant to be an Itheaur and the dual nature of being a symbol of God and a son of Luna. Both were intriguing and John knew that they could work together.

When he reached the peak of his journey, he stopped and sent a silent prayer of thanks to those that had come before, those that fought today and those who would come to the battle in the future.

Once finished, Chaplain looked up at the sky, smiling. Tonight will be remarkable.

PRE

Though her clothes were shabby her posture and expression were fierce as if she were bracing against pain. The guilt and shame pounded in Nieves's chest, her face tight and furrowed in internal concentration. She had come here looking for the wolf, Dale, but any help would benefit her now. This wasn't something her pack, The Sworn, could help her with, it was a task she alone had to pursue.

She saw the man standing, his back turned to her. The smell he gave off was like hers, enough to suggest he too was Uratha. Surely he had noticed her arrival as well. A few of his features looked like Dale though clearly he was not. She was both disappointed and relieved.

Taking her hand to her mouth Nieves coughed into it, clearing her throat, announcing her arrival. "Excuse me, are you..." she began to ask in her Mexican accent but stopped, unusually self-conscious. "I'm Nieves, of the Sworn. Are you from one of the city Packs?" Often when she frequented the Tur she encountered young wolves with inexperience, like her. She needed someone who could give her guidance or who at least knew Dale and where to find him.

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale walked up to the Tur, walking casually towards the park as he enjoyed the evening. The Rahu was wearing his usual getup, which consister of a pair of rugged jeans, an old t-shirt with some oil stains on it, a pair of combat boots and his Crusaders vest. As he approached, his nose warned him about the presence of the other two Uratha before his eyes did.

One of the scents was already familiar to him, being that of his Beta. The other took a little longer to recognize, for he had not encountered it since their first and only meeting. However, Dale recalled who it belong to as a sly grin formed on the corner of his lips for a moment.

Nieves. Ain't no doubt about that one.

The Blood Talon continued to walk towards the pair, keeping the same pace as before. As he finally reached them he patted John on the back and said, "what's up Chap? How's the night treating you so far?" Dale then turned to the smaller Rahu and gave her a quick scrutinizing look. There was no ill intent behind said look, mostly just ambiguous curiosity. "Long time, no see..." he said, letting his words trail off.

1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-05-31 13:51:23 Dale Hunt rolls 5 to Int+Composure to recall Nieves' scent (10 Again) 5, 5, 10, 5, 2, 3 1 success

PRE

Nieves's eyes widened at the sound of Dale's voice accompanying the sound of his footsteps when he approached. She turned, trying to hide the mixed feelings that were spreading over her face. She was never good at hiding those. One was embarrassment which manifested as a blushing of her cheeks, subtle given her light brown skin. "Y..yeah," she said quickly, meeting his eyes and then lowering again. "Long time...Funny, that, I was just looking for you," her Mexican accent leaving her vowels unstressed and fluid.

Her look didn't have the same vehemence as the last time their eyes had met. This other guy must be part of Dale's pack, he seems to know him. Nieves had heard something about the Crusaders when they formed but didn't keep track of them, just like they didn't keep track of the Sworn, far as she knew it.

K
    Kazakin

Stefan strode up towards the Tur on bare feet. In his jeans and vest, his brands were visible even through the material.

It was sort of disturbing to think that last year, he'd been a terrified pup, and then...

And then he'd seen the fear in Jeremiah's eyes. Somewhere along the line, he'd become someone.

It was officially messed up(TM).

Stefan's intense eyes flickered across the few Uratha gathered at the Tur. He didn't really know any of them that well, although he'd heard about Dale from the other Seekers, and met him once or twice.

There was a faint rush as he realised that they were all newer herethan he was.

...Holy crap, I need a drink.

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Health: 8

PRE

At the sound of the initial voice, John stopped his revery and looked around with a pleasant smile. When he took in the young lady's aggresive demeanor, the Itheaur wondered what had forged her so. "Good evening, Nieves and, indeed, I am. John Holt, also known as Chaplain, of the Crusaders."

As he heard his packmate arrive, John grinned as he felt the Rahu pat him on the back, crossing his arms across his chest, scars hidden beneath the long sleeves of his jacket. "I am doing well, Dale. Its good to see you, brother."

When the Beta of the Crusader's saw another arrive and the intensity in his gaze, John felt that this man held a certain distinction in his bearing, the way he moved. The Itheaur gave a welcoming nod of his head but didn't cut through Nieves and Dale.

Dale Hunt

PRE

"Good to see you as well," said Dale in response to the Ithaeur's greeting, a smile on his face. However, that smile didn't last long, as it was quickly replaced by a puzzled expression. The Rahu couldn't quite hide his confusion at Nieves' words, wondering why the petite Mexican was looking for him.

Huh. That's odd...revenge, maybe? Nah...she wouldn't come out to neutral ground for that...then what does she want?

After a long pause, Dale finally speaks up again. "Looking for me?" he asked the girl, his words carrying a hint of curiosity in them. "Why? What's up?" And even though his nose caught the scent of another Uratha approaching, the Rahu did not turn to look in the direction of the source. No, he was too intrigued by what Nieves had said at that moment.

PRE

So the two did know each other, the same pack too. Crusaders, and John said he was also called Chaplain, and he called Dale 'brother', a heavy overtone of religious zealotry. Not that Nieves minded that, only it made her wonder. "Hi John," she said, and then was silent for a moment not sure what else she should say. She decided to go with, "Nice to meet you."

Turning back to Dale she seems to have trouble speaking again, as if making a difficult decision on the words or whether to say them or not. "Well, I..." she started and felt stupid, making her cheeks burn. She clenched her fists to give her confidence. "I wanted to say I'm sorry about...well, about what happened last time. I realize that I was being an ass to you and Chantay. It's just that...I was used to being alone and having to either scare people off or make them think I was somebody important. Being in a pack though, it's sorta opened my eyes to what that means, being a part of something, bonded to someone. So I get why you guys had to lay the beat down on me."

Nieves grimaced, having let her words free, now they couldn't be taken back. She half-expected him to gloat or rub it in maybe, she really hoped he wouldn't, it was hard enough just bringing herself to say her apology.

She glanced sideways at the stranger that approached the group. Even though she was distracted by her thoughts she couldn't help but notice the primal presence he gave off in his scent. Maybe he was one of them too, though the two Crusaders didn't move to greet him.

K
    Kazakin

Stefan held up his hand in greeting, after a moment, coming close enough that he didn't have to shout. In addition to it being plain rude to yell across the Hisil, it was also pretty stupid. This might be Tur, but that never meant that they were completely and utterly safe.

"Hey, guys," he said, his voice a rich, pleasant drawl as his intense eyes skimmed the area. "What's happening?"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last