Ended
Watch

Hourglass meets the Deacon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Lux

PRE

The hands of the clocks inside the Written-in-Water bookstore met over the numeral XII and the afternoon rush was in full swing. Professionals, laborers, and students engulfed the city, rushing about to complete whatever errands they had before work or study called them away again. It was in this brief island of freedom that Lux walked under the Angel and Snake statues, rubbing the back of her neck with a sigh. As things were now, she couldn't see a day when there would be a balance between the mundane necessity of work and her true life in the Consilium, but the struggle between the two was almost entertaining at times. Today, for instance, was a prime example of how business lunches made perfect excuses for getting out of the office, especially when it was a lax day and the office gossip started to fly.

She laughed lightly to herself and ordered a cup of tea before waiting patiently at a table, keeping her supernal-attuned eyes peeled for Mrs. Glass.
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

It was a glorious day and Hourglass was already feeling optimistic about the upcoming meeting. A workaholic by nature, the Enchantress enjoyed juggling several projects at once because she had found the moment an idea began to blossom in her mind, she had a tough job in pruning it. Like, the current idea of building a second kitchen area in the cellar...

Arriving at Written-in-Water, Hourglass was glad to be back at the bookstore and was hoping to spend some time riffling through the shelves for any hidden gems, either for herself or Daniel. Wearing a black pinstripe dress that worked with her voluptuous figure, her top half covered by an apple green wrap around satin shawl to cover her shoulders. It was a nice colour and matched her purse, which swung from her arm. Heading to the counter, Hourglass ordered a hot chocolate before glancing around, spotting the woman sitting on her own, noticing the active spell around her. With drink in hand, she headed over with a warm smile on her face.

"Hello there, I believe we spoke on the phone? I'm Mrs. Glass," she said, offereing a free hand. The Enchantress was careful however, just in case it was not Lux.

Lux

PRE

OOC

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Glass, and yes, we spoke earlier."
    Lux replied with a smile, standing and accepting the proffered hand with a firm shake. "I'm Lux, as I know you've gathered by now. I rented one of the study rooms upstairs, so we'd have a bit more privacy and less distraction while we spoke. Also, they're a nice resource to use if you ever need a quiet place to discuss things in the future. Just ask one of the baristas or cashiers and they'll rent you a key. But lets head on up, shall we? Unfortunately we have a limited amount of time to speak," she continued, producing a small golden key and then guiding the new Thearch into one of the private rooms.

The Deacon sank into a chair on the far side of the table, so she was facing the door, and relaxed, her smile growing more genuine. "Allow me to welcome you to Sacramento, and to our incarnation of the Silver Ladder inside its Consilium. I serve as the Deacon for Sacramento's Ladder, but don't worry about the honorific for the moment. Do you mind if I ask what Consilium you've come from?"
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Not aware of the private rooms seeing as she and the Herald had previously spoke in public, Horuglass gladly followed the Deacon and wondered why Ariadne hadn't insisted on the same. It certainly would have made for an easier conversation.

As she settled into a seat, Hourglass crossed her legs and palced her purse on the floor. "Thank you ever so much," she replied warmly, "I think I should start by apologising but my name is actually Hourglass, I just like to use the Missus title in public. I'm sorry for any confusion. As for my previous Consilium, I have come from New York but have only Awakened since January of this year so my actually experience in the affairs of government is very brief indeed. However, I'm willing to help in any way I can. Actually..." Hourglass leant down and opened her purse, slowly pulling out a small Tupperware container with some muffins inside. "I wasn't certain what you liked so I baked a batch of various flavours, as a thank you for this meeting."

Muffin Baking, 1 hour, 6 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-05-29 15:49:18 [02] Hourglass rolls 10 to INT + Crafts + Spec + AoE + Equip (10 Again) 7, 7, 7, 8, 7, 4, 8, 5, 7, 7 2 successes
    2012-05-29 15:49:18 [01] Hourglass rolls 10 to INT + Crafts + Spec + AoE + Equip (10 Again) 6, 10, 5, 2, 1, 6, 8, 10, 4, 9, 5, 7 4 successes

Lux

PRE

"Oh, no worries. Hourglass, then," Lux replied nonchalantly before the other woman bent below the table. As the muffins were pulled out, the Obrimos' mouth opened slightly and then closed, as though she was unsure how to react. She stared at the container for a second longer before reaching out and accepting the muffins

"Thank you, very much, Hourglass. No, uh, gift was necessary, it's always a pleasure to meet the members of my Order, but I do appreciate it. I've never...been given muffins before. This'll be a nice treat for later tonight,"
    she said, setting the container to the side of the table."Wow. Already you've made quite the impression," Lux continued, grinning lightly. "I have always heard that New Yorkers were some of the friendliest people around. Plus, if you've come from such a big city, you probably have more governmental experience than you think. At least compared with the kinds of politicking that goes on in smaller cities like this. Less people, less complicated, or at least that's how it seems to be playing out for now. I won't lie to you though, we don't have much political experience as an Order itself in this city. We built this incarnation from the ground up only a few months ago, but we are moving forward. One of our members, Gallows, spearheaded the construction of a Cryptopoly, we have a prospect undergoing initiation, and we're working with the Hierarch on a project to help the Consilium itself. We're still getting our feet, so to speak, but we're in motion.

"f you want to help, I think the best course of action would be to get settled in first. Meet with the other members of our order, who I can get you in contact with, and meet more of the Consilium, get to know some faces. Making our Orders presence known is just as important at this stage as anything else...Oh, and before I jump ahead too far, what's your Path and your field, shall we say, of expertise?"

Hourglass took the compliment with the usual warm, genuine smile, glad to have brought a little ray of sunshine into someone else's everyday life, especially the leader of her Order. As she listened to Lux, however, it soon became apparent that her training needed more work.

"Of course, I would endevour to help anyway I can, however, I must admit that my own understanding of the Cryptopoly is very little, I am afraid," the Enchantress said quite openly and honestly, her English accent shining through. "As for my Path, I am of the Acanthus and have come to the level of Apprentice in the arcana of Fate, Time and Mind."

Lux

PRE

OOC

"Interesting. A few of the others in the Order have also taken to a more well rounded pursuit of their Arcana's of choice, although you are the only Acanthus. Which is, actually, excellent. There are no areas that we are completely lacking in, and we now have a representative of every Path...Speaking of Paths, by the way, have you met your Councilor yet? In this Consilium, the Councilors are drawn from each Path, so each Vouncilor is effectively the leader of their Path. Which I feel devalues the Orders to some degree, but I won't delve into that now,"
    Lux replied after nearly a minute, her tone half conversational, half reflective.

"No, I have not," Hourglass replies, taking note of the Council position, and while not an avid politician, the Enchantress understood enough to come to realise the benefits and problems of such a proposal. For now, she kept quiet on her views, not wishing to come to any political fisticuffs too early.

"Herald Ariadne was kind enough to pass on the details of my Path leader; a Miss October Davenport, I believe?"

Lux

PRE

"Correct. Ms. Davenport would be your Councilor. She hasn't been in the position for very long, so she's someone who is still finding their place and idea of leadership, but from what I know of her she'll make an apt Councilor. You should introduce yourself to her whenever you have a chance. I'll go ahead and give you her number as well as a list of some other important ones before you leave," Lux explained, pausing to take a sip of tea.

"Lets see...You also mentioned that you're not too familiar with the Cryptopoly? Well, it's an idea that takes some time examining, for it takes many forms, but to give a basic understanding of it, look at it as our way of pursuing the Precepts of Blood and Thunder actively. The Cryptopoly is designed to help raise those caught in Sleep into Wakefulness, but also to help improve the sleeping world in general. Our version of the Cryptopoly lies under the mask of a service Fraternity, which is involved with aiding the homeless and those undergoing drug rehabilitation. It fulfills all that the sleepers believe it does, but beneath the surface it also helps guide those asleep to the Watchtowers and helps shape the city to encourage that process. Gallows, who I mentioned before, can tell you more about the minute details, and he has a gift for fleshing out ideas, so if you'd like to hear more about it he'd be the man to see. Unless there's any questions I could answer for you now?"

Hourglass smiled politely regarding the contact details. She had a few but the more she possessed, the better in Hourglass' eyes.

"Well, I'll be honest that I have no idea about the homeless situation or those involved in drug rehabilitation, I'm afraid, although if there anything I can do to help the Ladder in establishing the Cryptopoly, then I shall be more than willing to give both time and any resources I can."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread