Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Since Dillon told Chris to be in Avalon for a few more hours, the Mekhet hurried his way over to the Elysium to at least be sure to be on time. A moment he thought about changing to more formal clothes, but it would be sad if anyone makes a problem of his jacket.

He arrives in all seriousness and humbleness together. He is not here to discuss anything, he is only here to apologize. Because Jim and he agreed to go to Dillon together, Chris waits until his coterie mate arrives. As soon as the Taifa does, Chris will nod to him as a greeting but make his way inside without the chance for a lengthy conversation. It is very much appreciated that James Calloway has his back, but no one should act like the man is his dad or something.

Soon they are at the Underground level of Avalon, searching for Dillon Connery . If the man is only a bit reasonable, I might survive long enough to be put into torpor on another occasion, during a decent competition... like my last times.

Chris
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Jim met Chris outside, pulling his motorcycle over at the curb near Avalon. He was wearing his black denim jeans and crimson dress shirt underneath his bikers' jacket. The Taifa followed his coteriemate down the Stairs, oddly silent. Usually James was far more talkative. But his mood was sombre. This was the moment where Jim would find out Chris's fate, and he was oddly powerless to do anything more to help his friend.

Then again, Chris had dug this hole for himself. James had tied him a rope to climb out of the hole where there had been none before. How much more could Jim really do for him? At a certain point, the neonate would have to grab a hold of it and pull himself out.

Fast forward to tonight. He stood slightly behind and to the side of Chris, his eyes scanning for Dillon.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon can quickly and easily be found making a round through the office hall and into Elysium proper. Checking fire extinguishers, alarms, and other security systems is a measure that Martha likes to busy herself with, but tonight he had insisted on doing it in her place. If for nothing else than to give the sweet little Herald more time to work. Her time management skills absolutely baffle the Gangrel Deputy, sometimes, but she is still just one person two hands.

Wearing his usual Elysium getup of a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the thick part of his forearm, and the top button undone, even the tie is loosened. He looks very casual, but no slouch. The demon dog within him may be threatening bloodshed, or to char all to cinder with its three snorting pairs of nostrils, but Dillon himself looks completely relaxed.

Even if there is any surprise that Jim had to be here to hold Chris's hand, it doesn't show.

"Good evening, gentleman," the Deputy says with a lopsided grin. "How are you both, this night?"
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

The Beast notices Dillon sooner than Chris does, but after a second of 'taking a breath' to face the more potent predator, the Mekhet steps forward to approach the Priscus of Savages.

'Good evening Deputy Connery. I am... in an acceptable state of being.' He bows deeply to show his respect, but smiles after saying his quite unusual answer. Still it makes sense, because good or well are not the good words to describe his mood right now. 'I hope that at least the same may be said of you, sir?'

Although they all know why they're here, the Mekhet waits with speaking further. Those with the higher status should decide when to speak, Chris waits on his turn.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Jim wasn't quite so begrieved as Chris. He had no reason to be; then again, that was because he hadn't made any offensive remarks about Clan Gangrel lately. But as both the coteriemate of the offending party, and a member of the offended clan, there was nobody with more right to hear the apology than James. He was the Gangrel closest to the Vala. That was why he was here; he wanted to hear what Chris had to say as an apology.

Flashing a small smile to Dillon, Jim said, "I'm well enough, Priscus Connery." Clan matter, clan title. "It's good to see you, sir. How is the evening going so far?"

No doubt it could get better, or worse. But at least there was a shot tonight that the air could be cleared between Chris Wooding and Clan Gangrel.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

OOC

Dillon offers a nonchalant half-shrug in answer to the questions, before adding, "Busy as usual. But that's how I like it. Why don't we check into one of the meeting rooms while we talk?"

He doesn't really want to make an example of Chris by discussing the awkward situation in the middle of Elysium, where just any Tom, Dick, or Harry could waltz up and spectate. While it might make the Mekhet appropriately uncomfortable, it would be rude. And rude, Dillon Connery isn't.

Friendly? Usually.

Gruff? Occasionally.

Hard-boiled, and stubborn as a mule? Strange as it may seem, that overlaps nicely with both A and B.

But rude? Never.

Waving the other two men along with him, Dillon strikes out for the nearest Conference Room that he knows is unlocked. Opening it, he strolls inside, never losing his casual air. Instead of actually taking a seat, though, he simply leans to, half-sitting on the table itself somewhere near the middle. He doesn't seem to mind if either gentleman sits or not, crossing his arms and leaving one of them to close the door behind them. He almost directed one of them to leave it ajar, but figures that Chris will let Dillon and Jim know if he hears any funny business going on outside.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Sounds good.' Chris gives Dillon a short nod. He doesn't particularly care about discussing this here or there. The more people know he apologizes and is not a clannist the better, the only reason secrecy could be preferable is when Dillon decides what he wants to with his boon. Or actually the boon for whole clan Gangrel, which brings another problem. Would the Savage Priscus care to tell his clan that Chris apologized? If not, the Mekhet has a lot of socializing to do, one Gangrel at the time.

I'll see how things turn out.

When they enter a private room, Chris looks around slightly more cheerful, visibly ready to speak.

OOC

Jim nodded agreeably and followed quietly, taking a position such that he wasn't appearing to be right next to either. He was Chris's coteriemate and Dillon's clanmate - here to see this through, and to make sure amends were made if they could be, but not to interfere with whatever was going to naturally happen here. This was on Chris, and the Priscus of Gangrels, to sort out. He'd help where he could, but he suspected he'd already done his part just by arranging this.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

With his arms still crossed lightly, and leaning against the Conference Room table, Dillon looks perfectly relaxed. They might as well be about to discuss a football game. His eyes are downcast; studying the floor in thought. And when he speaks, his husky voice is just as calm and friendly as it always is. "Mister Wooding, why don't we start with you explaining to me exactly why you seem to enjoy telling the entire Domain that my family is inherently incapable of thinking before they speak, or take action."

Only at the end of the sentence does Dillon's Hazel orbs raise to quietly pierce into the Mekhet's gaze.

"I am very interested to know what I have done to merit such a judgement. Or Deputy Burns, for that matter. Or Regent Hart."

Of course, he lists the Gangrel with Domain titles. As it only accents the fact that Chris himself has none.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Aaand there goes Chris' sympathy. Right because Dillon remains so calm and friendly makes it look like as if he just does this to annoy Chris instead of being really emotional about the Vala's unintentional offense.

'Honestly, I would rather start with explaining why I do not enjoy telling such things. And I can assure you that it is certainly not my opinion that someone based on clan would be inherently incapable of anything, Deputy Connery. I can even admit that it was me who acted before thinking of all the consequences.' Chris pauses, his posture is as frozen and his voice is nearly emotionless. Only an apologetic tone can be recognized.

'Which is why I came to apologize, for it is not my intention to offend anyone based on a stereotype or prejudices. I have dealt with prejudices against myself, I know how desperately annoying it can be.' Finding some far away similarity might ease the matter. 'I was not the only one openly saying what I thought about Francesco Giovanni. I do not imply that if you were there you'd think different, but his little meeting was quite strange... dangerous to the Masquerade even. Thinking of that, I said things I did not mean to say about clan Gangrel but only against the individual Mr. Francesco himself.'

And yeah, the Savages have some titles. 'I can only emphasize that I do not believe you merit such a judgement. Neither do Deputy Burns, Regent Hart, or any Gangrel for that matter.' Or Regent and Reeve Greyson, Regent Brady, Bailiff Sage, Herald Villiers... and... oh no that's all. It's good Chris is not so childish to list all officials, since it would take a while.

And now ladies and gentlemen, dun dun dun duuuun, the big surprise of the evening...

Suddenly the Mekhet moves, he nods with a friendly smile. 'Now, to demonstrate my sincerity through action, I offer a Major Boon to you Deputy Connery, as the Priscus and thus representative of clan Gangrel.'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread