Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max nods his head softly at Aileen introduces herself.* Welcome to Sacramento then, Ms McFarlane. But bad timing on your part, I'm afraid... *Connery was already talking with the Doctor, and Martha didn't seem to be around. Which was odd in itself, the tiny Keeper was usually the first one in Court. Unless she was already doing introductions with someone else...*

Reeve Greyson...
    *Max corrects softly. He wasn't scolding his fellow Kindred, he just wanted to make sure she used the right title when addressing the Priscus.* And he is not usually here at Elysium; he spends most of his time out of his office dealing with affairs of the Domain. *He quirks a curious eyebrow at the mention of his name.*

Now, what would you want with the Grand Wyrm? *He asks in an amused tone.*

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Reeve Greyson ? and you say I shouldn't expect him here... Alright, I'll keep that in mind, thank you. Of course, the Mekhet remembered the chart shown by Martha Villiers, and she was sure he was her Priscus as well. But perhaps they were outdated.

Aileen had no idea why the man had that amused tone about his last sentence, but decided not to answer to it. That was her usual repartee, after all. Also, she still had no idea what was the exact status of the Dragons in this town. From her best deduction based on what the Herald had said, they didn't seem to be outlaws, at least.
    Well, I... must wish to keep on with my former studies, but I can't do it on my own. And since what I studied is what the Grand Wyrm teaches...

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max raises a curious eyebrow to Aileen. Apparently she wasn't the joking type. Ahh well, no witty repartee just yet it seems. He nods his head as she talks about studies, quickly dropping his usually playful attitude and becoming all business.* Well, it is a good thing I came over to speak with you, Ms McFarlane. Grand Wyrm Maximilian Heinz, Scribe of the Untamed Hunger; at your service... *He adds a small bow to his fellow Dragon, waiting for a corresponding title from the female Mekhet.*

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Of course, Aileen hadn't expected to just bump into the man she had been looking for, so she was somewhat taken aback when he introduced himself. Ah !

He introduced himself as a Scribe, which was another surprise to the young Mekhet. She would have expected the Grand Wyrm to be someone of much higher rank. Was he a fake, or merely testing her ? Such were times when she was lost and confused without her Dreams. But she recalled the nightmares of fiery presences too, and immediatly dismissed the thought, focusing back on the man in front of her.

Yes, yes, it is a good thing indeed, and I'm grateful to Fate, Grand Wyrm. I am Aileen McFarlane, and I hope you will forgive me for being a Slave to my condition...

She had no idea who came up with the words describing rank, but it felt all too fitting to be called a Slave. She suffered so muh from the whip of her Dreams...

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max raises a curious eyebrow as Aileen offers her introduction. Another Slave, it was going to get crowded at the kiddy table...

He waves his hand, trying to dismiss her concern over her title.* Do not worry, you are not the only Slave our Chapter has. One has just joined the Order, and anther has only recently begun his studies; I am sure you will earn a more prestigious title in time. Remember, we all start as Slaves; there is nothing to be ashamed of in that position...

*He gives his fellow Mekhet an understanding smile, pausing a moment to let his words sink in before continuing.* Have you been in Sacramento long, Ms McFarlane?

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen sighed in relief as the Grand Wyrm dismissed her fears she might not be accepted into the local Chapter. The underlying philosophy of change inher Covenant had become a backbone for her when she went through harsh times in her Requiem. Things could get better, as he reminded her. She nodded gratefully.

No, I've just come to Sacramento a couple of weeks ago. I barely had time to settle somewhat, and introduce myself to this Domain's authorities. Dare I ask you if you are a long-time resident, Grand Wyrm Heinz ?

At least she remembered to follow the proper protocol, thanks to Herald Villiers's nudge.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Well, I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to introduce myself to you before, Ms McFarlane. I hope you've found Sacramento a pleasant place to stay so far. You say you've introduced yourself to the city's authorities, I take it that means you have been at least temporarily Acknowledged? *Max's tone was one of curiosity and not malice. If Aileen hadn't, he would need to take care of that task as soon as possible.*

I've been in Sacramento almost three years now... *He adds, surprised how quickly the time had passed since he'd first come to the city.*

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Please, don't be sorry, Grand Wyrm. I... keep to myself. As a newcomer, it fell to me to go out and present myself. I did it a few nights ago, and have been Acknowledged by Herald Villiers and Deputy Connery. the last thing she wanted was to placate her new superior. And beside, it was only the truth, after all.

I'm barely come to Sacramento, and so far it's been mostly business, so I can't say it's been pleasant so far. Maybe it will later, I hope. Once again, she merely stated facts, but it was clear that she was in a gloomy mood. She had come to Sacramento hoping to find a way to cope with her Dreams, after all. It couldn't be mere meaningless malevolence, she refused to believe it, but it had been nothing short of troubles, so far.

And how is Sacramento to you, if it's not too bold to ask ? And what about the Order, please ? hopefully, he would expand on the situation of the Ordo Dracul in this town. Were they confined to the fringes of society, a welcome bunch of nightdreaming scholars, influent power players ? The Mekhet wanted no part in anything, but it would much safer to know where she stood.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods softly, both at their shared propensity to remain alone and at the news she had been properly Acknowledged. He remains quiet as she expounds on her time in Sacramento; getting the impression Aileen was in a less than pleasant mood. Not the sort to pry, Max accepts Aileen's explanation without any pressing into her story.*

I hope you will find Sacramento a pleasant enough city once you've had a chance to settle in. My first nights here were rather... disconcerting; but things calmed down in time.

*He smiles slightly at her question.* I've been here almost three years now. Sacramento is always... interesting. Some times dangerously so; but it helps to keep you on their toes. As I said, I've settled in nicely here. I'm trying to look after the Ordo now, while still aiding the Domain in whatever way I can. Do you have any specific questions about Sacrament, Ms McFarlane?

*The thin Mekhet was eager to see where the woman's interest lay. It would help him to understand in what direction the female Slave's interests lay.*

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The Grand Wyrm sounded kind enough, and what's more, Aileen tried to focus on him and block out the other Beasts roaming around, so she extended the conversation as best she could.

I see... I'll try to remain aware, then. I... don't know that I have specific questions, I was mostly wondering what's the situation here ? Are the Dragons welcome in the Domain ? Alson are there dangers I should be aware of ? Hunters, the Church, anything ?

She was too discreet to be targeted, or so she hoped, but she had learnt the hard way that it could happen anytime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread