Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'I believe I haven't had the chance yet to say how wonderful it is that you returned to the Domain.' It might be a bit late, but it was the first time she spoke to Ciara after her appearance at Court.

And always an elegant appearance it is.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara returns Alice's smile, relaxing ever so slightly as she begins to warm up to the Harpy.* And good evening to you, Madam Harpy Brown... *Ciara answers back. She returns the curtsy, her's deeper than the one Alice gave her. The nod was merely for greeting, and she wasn't about to slight the current Harpy's position.

When she comes back up, her posture shifts; the tall Ventrue's stance one of ease and comfortability.* Thank you, it is wonderful to be back in Sacramento. I'm glad to see the Domain has been kept in such good hands during my extended absence.

And I believe congratulations are in order for your appointment to Harpy. I hope it has been a pleasant experience thus far?
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Indeed it is, aside from several serious threats, everyone is perfectly capable of excellent recovery.' Alice nods when Ciara says the domain is in good hands, especially when you talk about the Reeve's office that grown in numbers in the Ventrue's absence. Still a lot happens, serious threats being an attack on Avalon, an attack on Ballo Della Notte.

Then the Harpy smiles thankfully, 'Thank you Madam Maskelyne, it has certainly been pleasant. Even though I must admit that I expected to be more involved in several matters, I may not complain.' In the end she speaks in a softer tone, and Ciara would probably notice Alice shortly looking at the Reeve's office every now and then.

Several things are discussed in there now, just like at last Court. Should I invite myself?

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara's smile drops ever so slightly at the mention of serious threads, the tall Ventrue nodding her head solemnly.* Yes, Seneschal Donovan told me of the attacks. Horrible things... *She wondered if Sacramento would ever know a long period of peace. One of the dangers of living in America, I suppose... She muses to herself.

Her eyes move with Alice's to the Reeve's door, Ciara taking a few steps closer so their conversation could continue in softer tones. Her smiles changes, and she gives the newest Harpy a look of understanding.* So much, it seems, is keep on a "need to know" basis. I assure you, you're not the only one to have those feelings...

*Ciara decides perhaps it was best to speak of more pleasant matters, the last thing she wanted was an unpleasant conversation in the middle of Court.* So what of yourself, Harpy Brown; have you found anything of late to hold your interests? I've been away for so long, I'm afraid I'm a little out of touch with the... pleasures, this city can offer...
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Ciara understands Alice, the Daeva smiles sincerely, thankful for it. 'That is good to know Madam Maskelyne.' It were kind words, although Harpies are alone in their duty to know everything. That is how Alice sees it, unfortunately for her, she wants to do everything perfect as well. His Majesty deserves no lesser Officials.

'Oh yes, if there is one thing, I have always been perfectly capable of keeping myself busy.' Alice chuckles, rather speaking in a joking tone than an arrogant one. 'I am not sure when you left and when I became manager of Club Ember? But that happened. And ever since I started to organize "Open Male Revue" nights, finding good male models certainly holds my interest. Next to that, I tend to have several hobbies but nights are short with too many things to do. You surely must know the feeling.'

A moment she considers telling more about herself, but that might not be so interesting. Cautiously she asks a question, not sure how personal the matter is. When the Lordess left Alice heard she went to Europe, so the Harpy cannot help but to ask: 'May I ask to which places you have been, Madam Maskelyne? I have felt so home in several cities in Europe that it saddens me traveling is not the easiest thing to do anymore.' It is clear that Alice doesn't ask about personal matters, but merely wants to speak of good memories of London, or Paris...

Or Rouen, Monaco, Cannes... Amsterdam... Milan, so many lovely places.

Played by Dark Passenger

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara raises an intrigued eyebrow as Alice talks about Ember.* No, I do not believe I was. I'm sure that has been a most... interesting appointment. *She gives the Harpy a knowing smile, the edges of her lips perking up ever so slightly at the mention of the Review* "Open Male Revue"? *She says softly, repressing an amused chuckle.* I suppose there are less pleasant ways to pass an evening... *This time she does laugh, the tall Venture amused at the idea of the city's female population turning the Review into a chance to increase their Stables. And, after thinking for a few moments, some of the city's men as well...

She nods understandingly as Alice remarks about short nights.* I most certainly do, it seems there simply are not enough hours in the night to do all that must be done...

*Another pause, this time slightly longer as Ciara turns over Alice's question about where she has been.* Forgive me, Harpy Brown; but do you mean recently, or simply places I have visited in general? *Her tones was one of interest, not defensiveness. She did not wish to bore the Harpy with tales of cities she had visited decades ago.*

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Oh there must be!' Alice chuckles as well, happy that Ciara was amused by the idea. Of course there are less pleasant ways, but there is no fun in being serious. 'I could alert you when the next occasion is there? More ladies and gentlemen are always welcome.'

With a waving gesture and another laugh she passes the subject away, making clear she's not here to advertise.

'Oh I would love to talk about places we have visited in our past, but now I actually meant to ask about your recent travels. You went to Europe, right?' The Harpy suddenly sounds less sure, was she misinformed or does she simply remember it wrong?

Played by Dark Passenger

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara goes silent for a moment, considering Alice's invitation. After a few seconds, she nods her head; offering the Harpy a soft smile.* That would be delightful; perhaps I'll be able to find new... talent for my business.

*Her stance shifts ever so slightly at the question, nodding her head at Alice's question.* Indeed; I returned to England to take care of business matters. Those spun off into other offers and matters that required my personal attention. In the end I was away far longer than I had intended; but I'm happy with the way everything unfolded.

*It was a truthful answer without revealing too much of what Ciara had done while in London. She wondered if Alice had been back to Europe recently.* Have you had a chance to travel abroad recently, Harpy Brown? It is, as you say, harder to do given our kind's unique needs, but still doable given the proper precautions...

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Your business? Something I missed, something I should know?' Alice asks with chuckle, happy to make the conversation less formal and even more relaxed. If Ciara has a business involving stripping men, there is at least one Daeva in the room who wants to know more about it.

Alice nods a few times, happy for Ciara that things turned out well. Then as a reply she shakes her head. 'No I haven't, unfortunately, although in our terms three years ago might not be that long ago. I traveled mostly through France my last years, but I originally hail from England.' The name Brown has to come from somewhere, doesn't it. 'And the last time I saw London is really a long time ago. Hence me asking, only knowing what Musicals are playing nowadays would make me glad already.'

Played by Dark Passenger

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara can only laugh softly, shaking her head.* I work as a talent scout for certain agencies. I always keep an eye out for promising talent to send to them. Or anyone I can keep for myself... *She adds with a knowing wink to the Harpy.

She nods as Alice recounts where she had visited before her Embrace, a little surprised to find out they shared similar birth places.* London has changed very much since when I first arrived, but very little from the time I left to come here to America. As for Musicals, I am afraid I am not one for the majority of such works that are produced these days. I tend towards the more classic works, as well as a handful of the small independent productions.

What sort of Musicals hold your interest, Harpy Brown? Perhaps there is a worthy work in the genre I've overlooked? *The thin Ventrue was eager to hear what works Alice found enjoyable; it might tell her more about the Domain's newest Harpy.*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread