Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Meeting at the Orchestra

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus arrives with Scratch at the Orchestra, beating Gristlefist and Nela. Settling into a booth, he orders a lager and hungrily scans the menu. Feeling the emptiness in the pit of his stomach, he addresses his companion. "Suppose we could order an appetizer while we wait?" It is only then that he scans the Orchestra, looking for anyone he might recognize.

F
    FreshCK

Scratch settles down in the booth with Marcus and orders "the darkest beer you have on tap" before scanning a menu.

"Yeah, nothing like a good bee venom coma to give a man an appetite. Oh! Do they do onion blossoms? I love those. Put me down for an onion blossom."

Scratch was actually starting to think the whole hedge fiasco might still be salvaged.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Onion Blossom... Marcus likes the way this man thinks. He orders one from their server along with some buffalo wings. He thinks that ought to tide them over as they wait for Gristlefist and the crazy woman. Turning his attention back to his companion, he hopes Scratch won't think he is the crazy one for what he is about to suggest. "So... I'd like to go back to search for those Goblin Fruit. I know that probably sounds a bit mad, but I dislike leaving unfinished business. We set out to find some Goblin fruit, and I'd like to do just that. I don't mean right this moment, but I would like to talk about setting up another hunt into the Hedge. So... what do you think?" Marcus fruitlessly searches Scratch's face for any indication that the Mirrorskin is ready to have him committed.

As the taxi navigates to the Orchestra, Nela notices fairly quickly that the cabbie doesn't react at all to the monstrous Gristlefist. Then, after a moment of thought she catches her own reflection in the rearview mirror, and realizes just how much she's changed herself.

This requires a bit of acrobatics in the back seat, and she has to lean into Matthew to get a good look at herself.

"Why can't he see us?" She whispers to Matthew as they pull onto the Orchestra's block.

F
    FreshCK

Scratch gives Marcus a level look. "We just got our collective asses trounced by a psychotic beekeeper apparently named 'tea for two' and you want to go back for seconds?"

He lets the words hang in the air for a moment. Then barks a laugh.

"Fantastic! Never give up on your desires, my friend. I'm in. Though if there's a chance, I think I might prefer dealing with the little hummingbird things."

Scratch finishes just as the appetizers arrive.

Onion Blossom. Fantastic.

S
    Soirgriffe

Silas had stayed very quiet but he had heard them moving on to the Orchestra and had decided this had included himself. He put a gloved hand on Marcus' shoulder.
    "That did not go well, did it?"

Marcus digs into the onion blossom as he meets Silas' porcelain gaze. "No, it did not. But I do honestly think that we were a bit unprepared for the Hedge and far too unorganized to deal with its dangers." Helping himself to the wings, he continues, "But we survived... the one who sought to kill us did not". Marcus lets his companions ponder this for a few seconds. "I believe we need to be better prepared, but I do wish to go back. Isn't there some expert in the Freehold? Door, or Arch, or something... maybe we could meet with her?" Noticing his lager is almost finished, the Metalflesh orders a second and eyes the remains of the appetizers.

Taxi drive

---

Inside he quickly found the Changelings and approached them; the sight of food reminded him of his own hunger; he looked at Nela, an eyebrow raised. "So, what will it be after this little shock?" Not to mention the big one..

Marcus Evan

PRE

Now that they are all present, Marcus orders his food and eats it with gusto when it arrives. He repeats his desire to return to the Hedge more prepared for the new arrivals and gives his contact information to Scratch and Gristlefist(Silas should already have it). He sits for a while, just listening to the others, then makes arrangements with Gristlefist to retrieve his Hedge Ax. Thanks to his pledge with Johnathan, he has the extra cash to treat the entire group and pays their bill after Gristlefist and Nela have ordered. Wishing Nela luck, he realizes that despite the twelve-hour slumber, he is quite exhausted. Bidding his "Hedge-mates" farewell, he walks out to get his Jeep and goes home.

OOC

Nela frowns noticeably when she sees the inside of the establishment. The comfortable lounge seating is poorly lit during the day, and few waitstaff are on the job before the late afternoon.

"I don't know..." Her cute little mouth screws up into not so cute. "Matthew, I thought we were going someplace to eat, this is a bar." She says disapprovingly as the pair approaches the booth. Marcus gets up to leave shortly after and she eyes him warily as he goes.

"Excuse me?" She addresses the waitress, who snaps to attention, "could I get the greek salad? Except instead of tomatoes, could I get baby carrots, and leave out the olives, and could you put a little bit of broccoli in it? Oh, and could I get Italian dressing instead of whatever comes on it? Lite, please." She finishes and hands the menu off to the flustered woman.

"Where is this place you guys are talking about?" She asks, attention turned back to her company.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread