Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1205) Emma and Neil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    N
    Neil Kingsley

Psychangel

Neil listened with interest as Emma described that she had commissioned a painting on a whim. "It was a very nice way to spend an evening. She was an excellent artist, and I truly enjoyed her showing." He motioned to a nearby booth, the seats looking comfortable enough to make him want to fall into one. "Would you care to sit, Miss French?"

As they went, he said, "So, you commissioned a painting! I wish I had thought to do that; might I ask what you commissioned?" His eyes met hers lightly, eye contact made by an interested conversationalist. He did love art... the trappings of wealth were some of his favorite things in the world.

When she asked her question regarding the higher-ups moving into an office, he only shrugged. He hadn't the faintest. "Court business, no doubt..."

Emma French

PRE

Emma flashed a smile showing her acceptance of that reason, however she was still suspicious as to what was going on, kindred were always keeping secrets. Emma sat in the booth and quietly folded her hands in front of her. Turning her attention back to Neil, Emma's eyes were a bright green as she excitedly discussed the painting she wanted "I commissioned a sunrise. Emily has a way of making things come alive in her paintings, so I decided I would love to see a sunrise through her eyes. Did you purchase anything?" Emma asked with honest curiosity, The Shadow had something about him which intrigue her.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil looked thoughtful for a second as he tried to picture his last sunrise before his Embrace. He couldn't do it. Calm eyes seemed to smile along with his lips, and he nodded happily, imaginging what it might look like. "A very, very nice decision. I hope you'll show it to me when the painting is completed, Miss French... I... miss the sun." He chuckled. "Not that I want to see it personally, obviously, but... there's something to that view." Understatement of the year, no doubt.

Winsome smile became a nod as he said, "I did indeed. A painting that had already been produced. I do my best to support artists in the city, so I purchased a work. But for some reason, I can't help but think you'll have found the most meaningful one of all."

Shrug.

Emma French

PRE

Emma smiled warmly at Neil. "What other types of arts do you patronize?" After the words left Emma's mouth she realized that didn't sound quite right. Oh well maybe he would understand what she meant anyway. She smirked at herself briefly. "I would love to show you the painting once its done. Emily said she should be able to finish it in a month or two. I really can't wait. My memory of a sunrise and its colors is hazy at best."

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil's tranquil visage broke into a genuine smile for a moment as she tripped on her English and smirked at herself. The Mekhet was no grammar Nazi (heil!), so he did not correct her.

When she offered to show him the painting, his smile grew a little. "Indeed, I don't even remember it as anything other than a photograph on the Internet." It had been some time. "I would love to see it, Miss French."

"As for where I tend to go, the theatre, art galleries... I'm new in town, so I must admit you have me at a disadvantage when it comes to knowing where to look for such things here in Sacramento!" He chuckled.

Emma French

PRE

"You have a nice smile, you should do it more often." Emma complimented Neil. She tilted her head to the side, "I don't have much advantage over you in that context. I spend most of my time working or going to court events." Emma smiled slightly. Emma always found talking with Mekhets pleasant when they had on their mask. "Can I ask you for a bit of advice?" Emma asked suddenly.

N
    Neil Kingsley

The Mekhet's smile flashed again at the compliment. "Thank you."

He was going to inquire as to her work, but when she asked him for advice, he nodded. "Of course. How can I help?" His stance became one of active listening, tranquil blue eyes and cool, collected face focused on Emma. He had no idea what he could assist her with, seeing as they'd only recently met, but he'd do his best.

Emma French

PRE

"There has been a lot of talk by many others about covenants. I don't belong to one and am not sure if I would want to. I was wondering about your feelings on covenants." Emma looked quizzically at Neil. She really wanted a fresh prospective and he seemed to be one. "So I guess it is more that I am looking for an opinion than advice."

N
    Neil Kingsley

The Shadow had opinions on covenants. There was one in particular he liked and the rest he didn't really care about. But most importantly was the fact that they were in open Court. He wasn't about to say a bad word about anybody in Court. Shrugging diplomatically, he said, "For those values align with a particular covenant, they can be a good thing. I can't say I know a great deal about them, sadly."

It was true. Neil Kingsley was very good at many things, even beyond his skill set as a... professional. But knowledge of their society was something he truly lacked. "Perhaps you know another unaligned who might be a bit more knowledgable about such things? A clanmate, perhaps, or a friend?"

He had no problem admitting when he was out of his depth.

Emma French

PRE

"I have been listening to others and their opinions of which covenant was the best and why. And will definitely be further discussing it with my clan, etc. I guess I am....umm....doing research of sorts. I realize in a backwards sort of way. But that happens sometimes when an idea comes to me, I get a bit ahead of myself." Emma chuckles at herself briefly. "But if you don't feel comfortable sharing your opinions," Emma looks around, "Especially here, I understand." Quickly changing topics, "So what do you do for work, fun or just to pass the eternity of time which we possess?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.