Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
The Right to Free Assembly

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    B
    Breefolk

Lezlie nods. "Same as Rosuto, I haven't spoken to anybody else yet either. And 'Mr. C' is more or less what I would have expected." Not that that's a good thing, she adds silently.

Dicky De Bruyn
    Dicky De Bruyn

PRE

"Yea..." Dicky leans forward and looks them in the eyes each after each. "You don't think there's something weird going on? The Lily was not the first place I tried, Avalon and others were unstaffed, nights at a time. We can't get a hold of our group, Joseph split town that very night, we couldn't get a hold of the -" he lowers his voice as low as it can carry, "-Seneschal."

"The Deputy Reeve had to pick us up. And if you remember, just as we were leaving Avalon, I think they were appointing a new Seneschal."

"Doesn't all this strike you as a little weird?"

B
    Breefolk

A look of concern crosses Lezlie's face. "Yeah, that does sound pretty weird. Almost sounds like a crazy, fucked-up version of The Truman Show. What do you suppose is the deal?"

Rosuto quirks an eyebrow and wants to laugh. Making a mountain out of a mole hill. Typical Carthian behavior indeed.

"Have either of you considered the rumors about this city? Didn't they just suffer from some kind of wipe out? I think they may be trying to get themselves established again. Either that or maybe the former Seneschal sucked at the job and so they needed him replaced. As for the places not being staffed........." She does stop and consider this for a long moment. "Ok, you got me. That's just weird."
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

B
    Breefolk

"I had heard some mention of 'lost nights' or something," says Lezlie. "I think that sort of indirectly lead to my being here, actually. I was looking for a new place to live, and a nearby city with a lot of its population depleted? Well, it's starting to sound like sucker-bait now." She gives a wry smirk as she says the word "live".

Dicky De Bruyn
    Dicky De Bruyn

PRE

Rosuto's talk of city history, and Lezlie's 'lost nights' rings empty to Dicky. Is he missing something?

"Wait, I don't think I know what you're talking about, I mean I came here pretty much straight out of torp. No one's said anything to me about a wipeout."

Rosuto almost blanches as Richard speaks. This kid been living under a rock? Oh wait, torpor. That'll do it.

She leans in close to him, so he can hear her whisper. "Rumor is, something wiped out a lot of the kindred here a few months ago. No one outside of this city knows what happened. One day they were here the next day, POOF, ashes. I was asked by my family in San Fran to come in and lend a hand so that's why I came here. But, I don't even know where to begin. Don't know if it was some weird divine wipe out, or if some hunters got lucky."

Dicky De Bruyn
    Dicky De Bruyn

PRE

Dicky's palms go straight to his forehead. "And I chose to come here?" -Augh- "I am clearly retarded."

Rosuto does laugh at this, placing a comforting hand on Richard's shoulder. "It is ok my friend. I think that part is over."

I hope.

Now, we just need to sit back and watch the shuffle and scramble. Unless of course you are hoping to get in on it? Is that the reason you asked us here this evening?"

L
    Lionell

With a slight ruffle of his trenchcoat, D'Wayne makes his way into the club, glancing around slightly as he tries to make his way through the crowd, trying to blend in. It doesn't seem to work all that terribly well as people keep moving to avoid him as he walks through the crowd. He sighs slightly, glancing around before moving over to the bar to order himself a beer, popping the lid off and finding a spot on the wall to lean and looking around the club. He's facing in a way that only the right side of his body is towards the other kindred in the room, leaving his left side in shadow at the moment.

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread