Dicky De Bruyn

PRE

Wah wah, left me at the concourse
    can't help it beat it like a dead horse

just can't get over you, just can't get over yoooo-ooo-oo-ooooou

little lady empty eyes, heart of solid lead
    thought I fell in love with her, n' I got thrown away instead
    shouldda learned my lesson, but I'm comin' back again
    cuz even though she's cold as ice, her butt's a solid TEN!

The music is childish, vapid, and for some reason engagingly campy. The performers have dolled themselves up in painstaking parody of the Hair Metal greats, (whereas great is a relative term) and play their part with infectious energy and theatrical flair.

Dicky rides along with the kine mass up front for a few songs, thrashing and grinning and singing along clumsily with the chorus. His dead heart may not have any excitement of its own, but its emptiness can capture and echo the raucousness of the crowd. For a moment, jumping up and down like an idiot in a faceless throng, Dicky almost feels alive again.

Pulling away, Dicky finds the quietest spot he can and pulls out his phone.
    Tap, tap, tap.

B
    Breefolk

After about half an hour, Lezlie walks through the door, looking to be in a much better mood than she was in when Dicky had last seen her. She strolls confidently through the crowd. Yeah, this is more my kind of place, she thinks, glad to be wearing her "street clothes" again. The band's pretty terrible, though. I should bring my guitar down here sometime and show them how to really rock.

When she spots Dicky, she walks right to him. Nonchalantly leaning against a wall, she greets Dicky with a wry smile. "Hey there, hot stuff. How's it hanging?"

Rosuto enters the club, not seeming to be impressed with the decor or the crowd. She gives the place a quick once over, searching for Dicky. Finding him seated at a relatively secluded table, she makes her way over to him, offering a smile in greeting.

If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Dicky De Bruyn
    Dicky De Bruyn

PRE

It's amazing what diet and exercise can do for a person, even a dead one. Now that Dicky's got a bellyfull of crimson he's feeling in fine form. Grinning and predatious, he spins in manic circles around the circumference of the bar, shooting the shit and talking up management like he owns the place.

His designer Ed Hardy hoodie and stovepipe gray jeans set him apart from the rabble, and Lezlie recognizes him immediately.

When Dicky hears Lezlie's voice, he lets out a low pleased growl.

"There she is..." he calls out, "I've been getting bored playing with sheep." Sauntering over, he leans against the wall beside her. Although he's got a beer in hand, it's just for show, a fashion accessory now. He hands Leslie a Yuengling so she can have a toy of her own. "What do you think?"

Dicky De Bruyn
    Dicky De Bruyn

PRE

Rosuto's arrival justifies a proper table. The dress is admittedly stunning on her, and woefully out of place in this establishment. She draws more than a few hungry glances from the Kine.

"Rosuto, goddamn girl. What are you doing dressing up so fine? These kids can't handle it!" He laughs a bit, but loves it anyway. Eager to talk a little bit about what they'd learned about Sacramento, Dicky asks them, "We want to get a table and sit down? I can probably convince the owner to get us a private booth to chat."

B
    Breefolk

Lezlie accepts her beer. "Thanks," she says. "This place is nice! Good party atmosphere."

Following Dicky's lead, she wonders about Rosuto's dress. It looks very beautiful, but certainly a little out of place here. She and I look about as uncomfortable in each other's worlds as Kine among Kindred.

When Dicky suggests getting a private booth, Lezlie speaks up. "That sounds like a good idea. It would be nice to be away from this sea of bouncing poseurs." It might make Rosuto a little more comfortable, too, she hopes.

Narration:

On the way to a private booth, the three vampires both notice another of their kind, with blood weaker than Rosuto's but stronger than that of the other two. She has several noticeable tattoos, a navel piercing, striking blue eyes and bleach-blonde hair. She's dressed in a top that is, essentially, a bra with a bit of blue fabric over it and skin-tight blue vinyl pants. She's 5'4", plus three inches of heel. She has her arm wrapped around a tall guy in black jeans, black t, spiky black hair, Doc Marten boots and about a dozen facial piercings and appears to be watching the show.

Blood Potency 2, SL 4 (sexy blue eyes, striking tats)

Dicky De Bruyn
    Dicky De Bruyn

PRE

Dicky spots another beast, and although a little impressed, OK honestly those tats are choice, but he's here with Rosu and Lezzie.

He gives the new beast the slightest of nods, but passes her by and turns to see if the others are still following.

B
    Breefolk

When Lezlie senses the presence of another Beast, her own roars in panic. Her outward behavior, however, displays none of it. Once she has once again reined her beast in, she turns to her companions and offers jokingly, being sure her voice doesn't carry above the noise of the music, "No points for guessing her clan."

Rosuto smiles spologetically at the mention of her dress. "I was on my way home from the theater when I got your text. I didn't bother to stop at home and change."

She nods eagerly at the mention of finding a table in the hopes that she can hide a bit in a corner and follows Richard and Lezlie around the bar.

Sensing the other beast, she turns and watches the blonde for a minute or so, before giving her attention to Lezlie with a laugh and responding in a similarly low tone. "Oh come now, love. Not every Daeva has good taste. She could just be a misguided cousin."
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread