Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

At the Gym (Private)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

PRE

Nieves couldn't afford a membership to a gym, but she had grabbed Maria's pass after she had disappeared in order to get into the Grimz Gym on Power Inn Rd. The pass was expired but no one had called her on it yet so long as she didn't draw attention. The place was more a warehouse than a gym, big open ceiling with the roof railings exposed and cement foundation flooring covered with workout mats in places. A large boxing ring sat in the center and hanging punching bags were lined up next to the side wall.

Setting down the ragged pack she used to carry her towel and change of clothes she grabbed some bandage tape and started wrapping her hands. The tight firm grip made her hands feel like weapons, numbing them with added cushion. She gave a few tentative jabs at a bag, the chain jingling from the soft impacts. Nieves wasn't a boxer, but she didn't have a place to practice her Kung Fu in the Sworn's Den. This at least was something. She couldn't help but glance around the room. Only a couple guys were lifting weights on the opposite side of the arena. The office, a ring of plastic separators, probably had someone on staff in there doing paperwork or whatever.

m
    magiuspendragon

Sin had been looking for a local gym for a couple days. At the recommendation of a neighbor, he'd decided to give this one a try today. It seemed like a good enough space, so he signed in and payed the fee for a single day's usage. He dropped his bag in the corner and began scanning the room. A couple people doing weights in the corner, and a lone girl at the punching bags. He was about to go join the weightlifters when he caught a wiff of the girl's scent. He grinned and headed over to her. "Hey there, mind some company?"

PRE

Nieves stopped her half-hearted strikes and turned to the man, her eyes looking for familiarity yet finding none. She had heard about things like this, men approaching women at the gym to pick them up. Immediately she became more self-conscious, a strange sensation. She knew she didn't maintain herself very well and wondered what the guy had been drinking to take an interest in her.

A few sniffs later though she realized why. Uratha. A Pure wouldn't wander alone in Hishu form like this. Well, at least she didn't think they would, into Forsaken lands. He looked a little older than herself, but still in the prime of his youth. She found herself smiling, a sly smirk, but tensed after realizing her guard was down. "Knock yourself out, man," she replied in a lazy slur, her Latino accent prominent in her speech. This time she punched the bag harder, since now there was an audience.
      Tap, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-05-17 12:24:29 Nieves rolls 7 to punch the punching bag [Str+Brawl] (10 Again) 7, 7, 5, 9, 3, 1, 4 1 success
    It felt weak, the bag barely shifted, completely absorbing the strike. She furrowed her brow at the defiant equipment.

K
    Kazakin

The Gym Owner

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it's a good day for Nieves at all.

The Gym's owner, a heavily muscled and very serious looking man, walks over to her, having just gotten off the phone.

"Miss Badillo?" he says, his accent sharp, with some Eastern European notes. "If you could just confirm the address you registered your membership to, I'd appreciate that."

His expression is stony.

PRE

Nieves goes stiff, a guilty look spreading out over a grimace as she turns around to face the gym owner. She probably had been pushing her luck to begin with using Maria's pass. Talking her way out of it wasn't exactly her forte. "Well...you see," she started to explain but trailed off to think. Since Maria had been living with them at the Den, Nieves thought maybe giving the owner the Den address would be good enough without confessing the false identity. But at the same time she wasn't comfortable being so deceitful.

"Actually I'm just Maria's roomie. She hasn't been around much lately so I figured it was just going to waste, her pass just sittin' there..." owning up to the confusion. "I mean we've got the same address so I don't suppose she gets a guest pass, ya know?" All the same, Nieves prepared herself for a quick exit in case the large man threw a fit over her being there.

K
    Kazakin

Vassagon. Please roll Intelligence + Manipulation to come up with that story, and then Manipulation + Subterfuge should you succeed to tell the lie.

Story, fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-05-18 15:04:17 Nieves rolls 2 to come up with lie? [Int+Man] (10 Again) 4, 5 failure
    Instead of the story she blanks and comes clean, "Actually I just found this pass, I'm not actually Maria."

K
    Kazakin

"Yeah, I thought so," the Gym Owner says, crossing his arms across his chest. "Let me make this clear. You just defrauded my business. That's a crime. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't call the cops."

m
    magiuspendragon

Sin was wrapping his own hands to join in when he saw the gym owner come up to the girl. He frowned as the conversation turned confrontational, and took a few steps forward to include himself in the conversation. "Hey man, take it easy. I'm sure we can work something out." He glanced over at the other wolf. He'd be willing to bet she wasn't going to be happy with this, but he wasn't about to let a fellow Uratha get dragged off. I'll tell ya what. Put her on my tab for today, I'll square it with you when I leave."

Please, don't raise a stink, he thought as he shot another glance at the girl.

PRE

Nieves began to sweat as the large gym owner pulled the threat of cops on her. She didn't think it'd lead to something as serious as that. Nieves stammered, "But...I..." but couldn't come up with anything to say to her defense. To her surprise the other Uratha chimed in, suggesting a compromise. She didn't want someone else to get involved with her problems but the alternative was a visit from the boys in blue. She looked back and forth between the two of them helplessly, hoping the gym owner would take it easy on her.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last