Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Room 113

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Dr. Swift flips on the light of Room #113 in the Seven Stars Motel. With Roxie's word it had been a simple matter to get the front desk guy to hand over the key for the evening. Part of him was still sullen from the earlier - it had been a long night already. Alright. That's enough sulking. Pull yourself together. There's work to do.

Swift enters the room and glances around. Cozy. Dr. Swift moves across the room and grabs an armchair. He sits down next to a small round table and gestures to those with him as they arrive. "Go ahead and find a place to be comfortable. We'll give a few minutes to see who shows up. Anyone that comes later will be welcome, of course."

Emma French

PRE

Emma sat down in a chair which had a view of the door and the room. She liked being able to see everything around her. "Thank you Dr. Swift. Before others arrive, I wanted to let you know that I had a friendship of sorts with Francesco. We were helping each other learn new skills. There was more to him then he allowed people to see. However, I do not condone his behavior in court and believe he needs to face the consequences. My hope is to get him to meet with me and come in on his own with the least resistance possible. I believe that will show that we as a family have class and dignity." Emma examined Dr. Swift's face for his reaction.

PRE

Tracy walked in a few minutes after Dr. Swift and Emma, offering them both a smile. She didn't say anything for the moment, but found herself a spot to stand in the room, leaning against a wall in one of the corners. After a moment of silence, the redheaded Gangrel finally spoke up. "So, y'all think we are expecting more people?" she asked, wondering what Swift's ideas on the matter of seeking out Francesco were.

James made his way to Room 113 after having called Chris, figuring he didn't want to miss the meeting. "Hey, guys," He stepped in after Tracy, giving a nod to everyone as he entered. It seemed only natural that that Taifa gravitated to his friend, Dr. Swift, and had a seat in a chair next to him. "Mr. Wooding will be meeting with me in a couple of hours," he said to Swift. "Gives us some time to talk Giovanni."

The doctor could rely on Jim's experience in man-hunting to track down this dastardly devil dog. It'd be fun!

And by that, I mean Jim really just wanted to beat the shit out of someone.

Dr. Swift nods at Emma as she speaks. "I would agree that if we can resolve this peacefully, we should. And if Mr. Giovanni is willing to come quietly, he should be given the opportunity to do so with dignity." He glances at the door as first Tracy and then Jim enter, nodding and smiling at each. "I spoke with him at Court and had agreed to help teach him some of the Kindred's history. However, I think you might have a better chance of getting a response from him should one of us attempt to contact him. If we all do it may tip him off."

To Tracy's question Swift replies. "More may come, but I don't think this needs to be terribly formal. At least not yet. We can start discussing options." He also nods to Jim's statement about having a few hours.

"Personally I think trying to get in contact with him should be the first step. I don't think it's a good idea to tell him our intent. He doesn't seem the type to come quietly, and if he hasn't rabbited already he certainly would then. I don't like having to be deceptive - frankly I'm a terrible liar - but getting him to meet with us will give us an opportunity to talk him down, or more likely capture him.

"If he doesn't show or even if he's already out of town, then we can discuss options from there. Even if he's left town, if he isn't far yet I am not against putting together a group that can survive on the road for a short time and bringing him back.

"As I said at the meeting, I think that finding him isn't just a matter of Family problems. I think this entire incident," he leaves the [i]and other recent events[i] unspoken, "reflects badly upon the Clan, and the rest of the Domain is keeping a sidelong look fixed on us. Therefore, not only success, but how we handle the process, are very important. It would be best to keep this entirely in Clan. We don't want to give others the opportunity to say we couldn't handle our own mess. This means no outside help - or if we decide outside help is necessary we pay for it then and there. No charity. No future favors."

Dr. Swift pauses to let that sink in. "Thoughts?"

Emma French

PRE

"As I was just saying to Dr. Swift, I believe I could contact Francesco and set up a meeting with him, to continue our informal training together." Emma looked at the others for their thoughts, a slight smile crossed her lips when she remembered the sound of his ribs breaking at her lessons.

PRE

OOC

Tracy listened to Dr. Swift's words and Emma's suggestion respectively before piping up. "I agree with the points you have made," she said to the Gangrel scholar. "Cleaning up our own backyard definitely helps our case. It shows that our Clan can work well together, and that we don't need others' help to take care of our own messes." She smiled at him and then turned to address Emma, "since you seem to know him better than the rest of us, I think that your idea may work...as long as he isn't suspecting anything." The Whip took a brief pause, considering what the likelihood of Frankie G showing up actually was.

"I doubt that he'll show, but we lose nothing but trying that route first," said Tracy as she met Emma's gaze. "Except for any element of surprise that we may, or may not have." She shrugged and then added, "either way, I don't believe Francesco has what it takes to outthink the rest of us. So regardless of what tactic we choose to follow, I'm confident that we will track him down sooner or later." A little smirk touched her lips as she said this, and then she offered a nod to the rest, urging them to follow in their discussion.

For now, Tracy remained leaning against her corner, pleased with the initiative they were showing.

Jim's face was pensive as he thought the matter over. He didn't think Giovanni was going to be dumb enough to pick up the phone. The guy couldn't be that stupid. Somewhere in the back of his mind was the idea that this was a waste, that Chris and he could do it faster... But being a team player was important. He got the politics behind this, as little as he liked it.

"Emma, if you get a meeting, I'll be your eye in the sky," he said. The Taifa didn't need to elaborate about how he'd go about doing that. "But, failing that, we also have the last location anybody we know saw him. The meeting site. It may be of value to check around it... And also try to gather some information via computer from his cell phone number." These were traditional investigation methods. He doubted they'd work, but it would be worth a try.

Emma French

PRE

Emma addressed Jim, "His favorite territory is the streets and the alleys. He likes dark shadows and to blend in to his environment. If we are in an alley will you still be able to keep a visual?"

Dr. Swift nods. "I would say setting up a meeting is our best option, and one that we'll only get to try now. If he shows it's an opportunity. If he doesn't then he already suspects he's in trouble and we haven't really lost much of an advantage. Might as well go ahead and see if you can set something up. If you can, I'll be your nose on the ground." Dr. Swift pauses for a moment, considering. "Of course, if we go tonight I'd want a bite to eat first."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread